Fighting games may not be the most popular genre like other video games genres out there but it surely is a fun genre to play. Players who are interested in combat and different fighting styles find the fighting genre quite relaxing and fun to play. Since you are here, you would also be a fan of fighting genres.
Well, the thing is there are a decent number of fighting games available for you to play although not all of them are best and ideal for you. This is why, when it comes to searching for the best fighting games you should always do some research and find out which are the best fighting games. Now, there are some fighting games that are available for most of the consoles while there are some that are exclusive to some video game consoles. So you need to find the games that are available for your console.
Here, we are talking about the best fighting games for Xbox One. Xbox One is a popular gaming console and most of you must have this gaming console as well. Even though it was launched a long time back, it still is quite popular among players across the world. Since you are here, you must be looking for the best Xbox One fighting games. Well, we are not going to disappoint you.
Here, we are going to list down the 15 best fighting games for Xbox One, so go ahead and take a look at the following list and see which ones you like the most.
- 1 Best Xbox One Fighting Games
- 1.1 1. Mortal Kombat 11
- 1.2 2. Tekken 7
- 1.3 3. Dragon Ball FighterZ
- 1.4 4. Injustice Series
- 1.5 5. UFC 4
- 1.6 6. Streets of Rage 4
- 1.7 7. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- 1.8 8. Killer Instinct
- 1.9 9. WWE 2K19
- 1.10 10. For Honor
- 1.11 11. BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
- 1.12 12. EA Sports UFC 3
- 1.13 13. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
- 1.14 14. Skullgirls 2nd Encore
- 1.15 15. Soul Calibur 6
- 1.16 Conclusion
Best Xbox One Fighting Games
When it comes to the best Xbox One fighting games, we can’t start the list without mentioning Mortal Kombat first. There are many games available on Xbox One and other platforms, but this one is the best fighting game that one could find. This is one of the most popular fighting game series that has been introduced an overall decade ago and is still going pretty strong. The game has everything a player can wish for, a good storyline, nice combat skills, cool fighting styles, and some well-written characters so there will be hardly anything that you won’t like about this game.The game also featured the meter management that makes this game pretty much everything that you would like to play. It is unlike other games in the market so it has got some individuality as well. Another thing that you would most certainly appreciate about this game would be its brutality as there are lots of fatalities and you would mostly face blood-filled injuries. So people who think that is cool would most certainly love this game as well. Players will also find some tournaments filled with modified matches, so that is something that you would like to explore.Overall, when it comes to fighting games, Mortal Kombat has always won our hearts so there is no reason to not include this game in the list of best Xbox One fighting games. So if you haven’t played it yet, it is high time that you do now.
2. Tekken 7Just like Mortal Kombat and other fighting series, Tekken is also counted among the best fighting game series of all time, which is why we had to include this game on our list of best fighting games on Xbox One. Tekken is one of the best fighting series which is why there are several games in the series that fans have enjoyed playing over the years, but if you are looking at one specific game from the series that is a must-play then Tekken 7 might be the best choice that you would like to play. This game has won the hearts of many players across the globe and any player who loves playing fighting games has found it as a gift that was long due.The game features the iconic war between Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima that has been raging over the years. But now it is time to put an end to this father-son conflict that has taken too much time now. The game features the 3D gameplay that has fascinated the fans of the series and also the players who just like to play fighting games. Apart from this, you would also like the Rage Arts and Rage Drivers mechanics that would most certainly impress you.The things that define this game the most would be cinematic moves, combos, and the fast fighting mechanism that can even get you killed. Overall, this is a kind of game that you should most certainly play if you like fighting games, you can even try playing the whole series too.
If you are a fan of fighting games or like to play them occasionally then you must have heard of the Dragon Ball series. Well, this is also a popular game series that is no less than a blessing for fighting game fans. If we have to choose the best fighting game in the series then you would like to play the Dragon Ball FighterZ. The game comes from Arc Systems, they are also responsible for many other iconic and legendary game series such as BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, etc, so you can expect some of the best features and fighting techniques in this game as well.It is a fast-paced and fluid 3v3 fighting game that features a simple yet impressive enough to keep the players interested in the game throughout. You will also find an easy-to-use combat system that would help you pull off some incredible combo moves along with some cinematic attack scenes. It also features a unique narrative and players certainly find it easier to fight in some cool combat styles.Again, this is a game that you must play if you haven’t already and if you like playing fighting games. Overall, this is one of the best Xbox One fighting games that you can find.
Another fighting game that you will find on Xbox One would be none other than the Injustice series. This game also has everything that you have been looking for because it is also a successful fighting game series that players have enjoyed playing across the globe, which is why it ended up on our list. The game has been developed by the same developers of Mortal Kombat that is NetherRealm, so you can expect some of the best gameplay tactics and overall features in the series. There are two games in the series and these are based on the DC comics and have a brutal storyline as well.Superman has started a tactical regime after the Joker has tricked him into killing his partner, Lois Lane. The storyline is pretty good and players have most certainly appreciated the storyline as well. What you would like the most about the game would be its gameplay tactics and there are simply plenty of things that you would appreciate such as the cinematic attacks, interactive levels to fight, and so much more.Since there are only two games in the series, you play both of the games and be a part of the series. Overall, this is the kind of game that you would like to play sometime.
5. UFC 4Speaking of the best Xbox One fighting games, we can’t miss out on the ultimate fighting game that has been loved by the fans and this is none other than UFC 4. UFC is another one popular game series that has made its mark and made sure that the players get to fight the world-renowned fighters. There are no fantasy or cinematic attacks but pure fighting in the ring. So if you want to satisfy your inner wrestler and fighter then this is the game that you should play.This game was launched only a few years back even though the series itself is quite old. So you can expect some of the modern graphics and features that make this game a decent option to play. The game features plenty of iconic fighters across the world that you would know if you are a fan of wrestlers. This game is more focused on boxing, grappling, wrestling, and groundwork. You have to know how to take on the opponent and win the fight. There are plenty of reasons to play this game but the fighting styles and being a wrestler are some of the top reasons why you should try out this game in the first place.
The next best Xbox One fighting game on our list is none other than the Streets of Rage 4. This game has also made a mark and become a popular game franchise among the fighter fans out there. This is a classic beat them up game that every fighting game fan would enjoy. After all who wouldn’t like to just beat their opponents and flaunt their fighting styles. The series started a long time back, but the fourth installment of the series was just released recently. The series no longer features Mr. X as a threat but his sons have taken the place and become the new opponents that you have to fight against.The game shows the story of the corruption that has been riding in the city and as the protagonist, you will have to make sure that you find a way to save the city from these goons. The players will be fighting against the goons and thugs throughout the side-scrolling levels. You will also get a few different weapons as well and this can include anything from knives to broken bottles.Overall, you will get a chance to flaunt your fighting style in this game and you would most certainly enjoy its beat them up mechanics as well.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 has also made a place on our list of best Xbox One fighting games that you would like to play. The game series has been there for quite some time and you will have the best time playing it. This game is quite a popular one in the series as it features fan-favorite characters that are loved by many. The game features Wolverine and other X-men characters that are loved by the fans.Overall, this is a game that you would like to play if you are into the Marvel comics and want to fight among them. The game may not be the most popular but it is worth your time so make sure that you check it out, because you might like it.
8. Killer InstinctKiller Instinct has become another one of the best fighting games on Xbox One that you should play sometime. This game has also got everything that you have been looking for in a fighting game. It is a classic free-to-play title that has won many hearts and it is still counted among the best fighting games of all time. The game features quite a nice range of characters to pick up and play with, something the players used to love back then.You will also find several modes of games to play and it also features a combo assist game mode that is ideal for new players. This game not only puts the focus on fighting but also gives the player a chance to work on their strategic skills so they can find a way to put their opponent down, even if it’s stronger than your character. Overall, this is a game that you must try out at least once.
9. WWE 2K19If you like playing games like UFC then you would most certainly enjoy playing WWE 2K19. This is another popular fighting game that takes you to one of the most popular fighting championships, WWE. We all have been fans of WWE when we were younger or some of us still are, so wouldn’t it be cool to fight with the legendary WWE fighters and also be one?It would be pretty cool which is why the WWE is a popular fighting game franchise that has impressed fighting game fans over the years. This 2K19 edition was most certainly loved by gamers across the world and if you haven’t played it yet, then it is high time that you give it a shot. There is a career mode that would help you shape the career of the character that you have chosen to play as. You will be able to start your career from ground zero and take it to new heights and become a champion. Overall, this is a popular game to play sometime, and make sure you try it out.
10. For HonorThe next Xbox One Fighting game that you should play sometime is For Honor. This is a popular fighting game and it is also well known among players across the world. This is an action fighting game that features the hack and slash type of fighting style. It also features the different Eras of battles where the players will be fighting a group of Vikings, samurai, or even knights. All of the matches are based on different types of battles which makes this game quite fun.Overall, this is a fun game that makes it quite interesting and relevant even for today’s gamers. So you will get plenty of different content and that is what makes this game quite fun, make sure to check it out sometime.
BlazBlue is another successful fighting game series that you must know about. This game is all about fighting. Although there are plenty of games in the series, this one is available on the Xbox One which makes it a perfect candidate for our list. Here, you will most certainly find the 2D action fighting and great combat fighting skills. This game is developed by Arc Systems so you can expect some great fighting styles here.It is also a fast-paced fighting game featuring almost 20 fighting characters to choose from. Although the storyline is continued from the previous installments so you might not want to focus on the storyline much. Overall it is a decent fighting game to try out.
12. EA Sports UFC 3If you liked playing UFC 4 then you might want to check out the third installment in the game series that is the UFC 3. This game also features some great fighting styles and personalities that you would love to take control of or fight against. There are several kicks and punches that surely seem satisfying once you start playing. Overall, if you want to play a game where you can just focus on your fighting skills then this might be the best game that you play, so make sure you try this one out.
Dead or Alive may not be the greatest fighting game series yet it does feature quite interesting things that might entertain you as you play the games. Although the game series is known more for its sexual appeal than the fighting genre yet you might want to play this game for its fighting aspect. It’s a fun single-player game where you can find a tutorial system and revamped gameplay as well. Overall, this game is quite fun to play and you should try it sometime.
14. Skullgirls 2nd EncoreIf you like playing games like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear then you must like to play the Skullgirls 2nd Encore. It features an extremely fast and frenetic fighter Skullgirls. Players will be able to mix a team or two and come up with a much stronger team that would fight with the common enemy. There are plenty of fun characters that are pretty well-rounded and quite amusing to play.
15. Soul Calibur 6This game is all about swords and souls, so there is something unique about this game that you would absolutely love. There are plenty of combat options that they would like to try out and there are also many characters that will impress you. Overall this is a fun fighting game with lots of action and cool graphics that you must try out. So make sure that you check this one out as well.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best Xbox One fighting games that you would like to invest in. Here, there are some of the most popular ones and you would certainly enjoy playing these as well. These games are well received by the players as well as the critics. Now some games on this list might be the ones you have heard of or even played, while there are some that might be completely new for you. Make sure you try these out and see which fighting games you would like the most for yourself.