There is no doubt that Nikon is considered as one of the DSLR cameras in the world and if you are a passionate photographer then you would agree with this as well. But the camera isn’t the only thing you need in order to get the perfect shot! You have to find the best angle, the best ratio to click the picture in, and the best lenses as well so that you can get the picture as you like.
In this article, we are going to talk about the Macro lenses for Nikon which are used to click the closer shots. We all know the beauty of a flower, an insect, or any other thing when the picture is taken from a closer shot! And for that, you would need a macro lens. There are a number of Nikon macro lenses as well as the third party lenses present in the market that can help you to capture the perfect shot!
So here we are reviewing some of the best macro lenses for Nikon that will help you to get the best shot possible. So go ahead and look at the following list and find out which are the best macro lens for Nikon!
- 1 Macro Lens For Nikon
- 1.1 1. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro
- 1.2 2. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens
- 1.3 3. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G VR Micro
- 1.4 4. Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED Micro
- 1.5 5. Samyang 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro
- 1.6 6. Nikon AF-S DX 40mm f/2.8G Micro
- 1.7 Features to look in a macro lens for Nikon:-
- 1.8 Conclusion
Macro Lens For Nikon
Specifications:-Image Stabilization: yes | weather seals: yes | Maximum Focus Distance: 30cm | Filter Size: 62mm | Weight: 610g | Dimensions: 79×117mmOur first pick for the best Nikon macro lens is Tamron! You must have heard this name before as it’s one of the most popular macro lenses for Nikon and you should know that its popularity is completely justified. This one is designed for Nikon f-mount and it also works for the DX-format cameras as well. The maximum aperture is f/2.8.This one is able to revolve incredibly fine details which are every photographer’s dream! This one features improved coatings, better autofocus, and a hybrid image stabilizer. The lens comes at a reasonable price given its high-quality construction and photo quality. Although you might need the tripod in some cases as well. Overall it’s one of the leading macro lenses for Nikon that you can trust on.
Specifications:-Image Stabilization: yes | weather seals: No | Maximum Focus Distance: 31cm | Filter Size:62mm | Weight: 725g | Dimensions: 78×126mmSigma lenses are the next best macro lenses to find for Nikon and this one is the latest as well as the best Nikon macro lens to rely on for the perfect close-up shots. The lens promises to deliver high-end performance at a low price so it’s also one of the affordable lenses for Nikon (which are hard to find).This one is a full-frame compatible macro lens which is packed with all the good features. Although the best part about this macro lens is its high-quality image stabilizer which is a four-stop image stabilization with switchable static and panning mode. It has three position autofocus limiter switch which is able to capture both the long and short sections of the full range.It is capable of shooting 1:1 or life-size reproduction of any small object from the closest distance (31cm). Its internal constructions feature 16 elements which are arranged in 9 groups. Its maximum aperture is f/2.8. Overall it can be your macro lens for Nikon!
Specifications:-Image Stabilization: yes | weather seals: yes | Maximum Focus Distance: 29cm | Filter Size:52mm | Weight: 355g | Dimensions: 73×99mmWe have picked Nikon AF-S with maximum aperture f/2.8 as our next best Nikon Macro lens! It is most popularly known for its vibration reduction system as well as the better working distance than the 40mm lens. It comes with an internal focusing system so that the front element doesn’t extend. Its primary use is macro photography and that’s why people are highly interested in this one.The lens is able to capture the true life-size shot that is the 1:1 perspective. Its internal constructions feature a total of 14 elements arranged in 10 groups. Overall it’s something you should be relying on for your close-up photography.
Specifications:-Image Stabilization: yes | weather seals: yes | Maximum Focus Distance: 31cm | Filter Size:62mm | Weight: 720g | Dimensions: 83×116mmThis one is an upgraded version of an old Nikon lens that was built in 1983! The new feature in this lens is it’s autofocusing version, so that’s what you are looking for then you should definitely go ahead with this one. It is also compatible with all the modern Nikon DSLRs as well as the older 35mm cameras. The internal construction of the lens includes 14 elements arranged in 12 groups.The auto-focusing mechanism is very quiet and it also comes with manually adjust focus even in AF mode. The lens beautifully captured the life-size picture for a very close distance without scaring the living daylight out of the small subjects. Lastly, the lens is also made to shoot the portrait mode so if you want to shoot in portrait mode all of a sudden the lens won’t disappoint you. The sturdy construction is bulletproof build as well. Overall you would definitely love this one.
Specifications:-Image Stabilization: No | weather seals: No | Maximum Focus Distance: 31cm | Filter Size:67mm | Weight: 705g | Dimensions: 73×121mmOur next pick for the best macro lens for Nikon is the Samyang 100mm. This one comes with smooth manual control and it features a number of great things which would make you fall in love with this one. Samyang lenses are built in a number of mounts options. And that’s why this lens can be set manually. So photographers can easily adjust the lens as per their preferences. The lens is responsible for capturing very precise and detailed photos from a close distance.
Specifications:-Image Stabilization: no | weather seals: no | Maximum Focus Distance: 16cm | Filter Size:52mm | Weight: 235g | Dimensions: 69×65mmIf you are looking for a small and lightweight macro lens for Nikon then this one should be your first choice. The image quality is relatively very good but you would have to use artificial lighting as it can cast the objects into shadows. It lacks an internal focus movement which is one of the reasons for its smaller size and lighter weight. It has a short working distance, overall if this fits your requirements then you should definitely buy it!
Here is the top macro lens for Nikon that you might wanna invest in, they are surely one of the leading options available in the market right now and we are pretty sure you would love them as well.Here we are listing some of the features that you should be looking in a macro lens for Nikon, and these will help you to pick the best one for yourself.
Features to look in a macro lens for Nikon:-
1. Focal LengthThe focal length is one of the most important features to look at in a macro lens. There are generally three different focal lengths present short (30-60mm), mid-range (90-105mm), and long (150-200). The smaller lenses are lightweight, cheap, and have shorter working distance. Although they are not good for moving objects.The mid-range lens features a relatively larger working distance and the best technology to shoot the object from a close distance while the background isn’t in the focus. They are also inexpensive and generally the best choice.Lastly, the long macro lens features the best image quality and a longer working distance which somehow makes them best as well as relatively more expensive than the other two range lenses.
2. Vibration reductionVibration reduction is another major feature of a macro lens that you should be looking at. You don’t want a blurred picture because your lens doesn’t have a vibration reduction right. You should also be concerned with the image stabilization. If you are going with the long lenses then you should definitely be looking for the vibration reduction as the major feature. This will help you get a clear, crisp, and high quality image.
3. CostLast but not least the price is what you should be concerned about. You don’t wanna overspend and at the same time don’t wanna comprise with the quality of lens, so always go for the lens that comes in your budget as well as features the best quality.
We really hope that our article was helpful and you have found the perfect macro lens for Nikon that you have been searching for. So thank you for being with us and keep coming for more such review articles in the future as well.