Being able to use your laptop as a monitor is a lifesaver! There are a number of things that you would like about that. People often spend a fortune over a multi-monitor system as having one had become a necessity but the thing is you can use your laptop as a monitor or secondary screen as well.
How? Well, that’s what we are going to share with you. In this article, we have listed some of the easiest ways to use your laptop as a monitor so that you won’t have to spend tons of money on an extra monitor or what we call it extra screen.
Before we start to tell you the way to use your laptop as your second screen or monitor, we want to tell you the benefits of having motions or a second screen.
Increases productivity:-Having multiple screens definitely increases productivity. The reason is simple, the more screen you have more will be the workflow. Not only the office worker but the freelancers and the individual worker also increases their productivity.
Use or multiple programs:-One of the best use of multiple monitors is having an eye on multiple programs or using different platforms at the same time. So if you are a content writer you might wanna use different tabs and having multiple screens definitely gonna help you. Other than this, if you have a second screen you can keep an eye on your mail or watch different videos that would help you as well without disturbing your ongoing project.
For marketing:-Although every profession requires multiple screens set up, they are mostly used in the marketing business or stock exchange. Having multiple screens is an absolute necessity in these sectors. It becomes easier to keep track of the data and analyzing the ongoing static about the business or sales.
So these are some of the most popular uses of the second screen, apart from theses one can use in surveillance, gaming, etc. The bottom line is, you can use the monitors for a number of users but the first thing you need is the extra monitor, which you are going to have out of your laptop.Here is a way how you can use your laptop as a monitor, follow these steps and you would be able to turn your laptop into a second screen and increase your productivity.
Also check – How to connect Joy-Cons to PC / How to run android apps on PC
How To Use Your Laptop As A Monitor
One of the easiest methods to use your latest Windows laptop is by using the Miracast! It is a built-in application that helps to use your laptop as a monitor.Here are some steps that you should be following in order to use the laptop as a monitor using Miracast.
- Step 1: Go to the Start menu and click on Settings
- Step 2: find System Icon and click on it
- Step 3: Click on Projecting to this PC
- Step 4: Now change the first drop menu to Available Everywhere
- Step 5: make the necessary changes as you requireThese steps are needed to be performed on the laptop that you want to use a second screen. Once these are done you are going to need to follow some steps on the computer to which you want to connect your laptop that is the host monitor!
- Step 1: Click on Notification Icon in the taskbar.
- Step 2: click the Connect button in the notification window
- Step 3: wait till the name of your laptop appears on your computer and then select it
- Step 4: select the frequent on your laptop
- Step 5: Go to Display Settings on your desktop on your PC
- Step 6: change the Multiple Displays to Extend desktop to this display
And with that, you have done your task of turning your laptop into the monitor. This method will only apply to the latest Windows laptops, you can also use some third party applications as well to use your laptop as a monitor.
ConclusionSo that’s how you can use your laptop as a monitor. Some people may find it a little complicated but we have tried to simplify the process and brought you the best way to use your laptop as a monitor.We hope you have liked our article and found it helpful. Thank you!