Minecraft is one of the most popular video games that we have played. This game is the closest thing to perfection, you get everything here. There is hardly anything that you won’t like. There are two modes, one that will test your survival skills with all the dangerous monsters and other stuff that might want to kill you, and the other mode will help you explore your creative side as you can build buildings, towns, cities, plant crops, or do almost anything that you can imagine. So in a way, you can spend many hours on this game and you would still want to play some more.
The reason you are here is that you are looking for a game like Minecraft which can help you get the same type of excitement as you get from Minecraft or you don’t really like some things in Minecraft so you are looking for its replacement. Whatever the reason is behind looking for the best game like Minecraft, you must know that we have got you.
When you are hunting for the best game like Minecraft, you will get plenty of choices and at the same time not one good enough game that you fill the shoes of Minecraft. Since there are quite some choices we have on different platforms, it is important for you to know which one is ideal for you and which one you would like the most.
So to help you, we have selected the top 11 games like Minecraft that you should know about. These games are the closest to the Minecraft experience and we think you would certainly like them as well. So go ahead and take a look at the following best games like Minecraft and choose the best one for yourself and play.
Best Games Like Minecraft
1. EcoEco is one of the best games like Minecraft and we can’t stress this enough. The game has impressed all the former players who were in love with Minecraft as well as impressed the beginners who haven’t played Minecraft before. The game features the same foundations laid by Minecraft and it becomes something that feels like a significant progression of those ideas. Just like Minecraft, this one has also been used as a teaching tool as well as a game, so that feels pretty good.In the Eco world, everything is connected, this means you will have to build a civilization from the ground up. This means you will have to reach the top from scratch, such as clearing the woods to make the building, houses, and more as well as finding the right ingredients to make different kinds of recipes. You will get real problems such as pollution, a meteor that can destroy everything, etc. So to tackle them, you have to come up with the right ideas as well.You should know that you can also play with the other players who know some stuff better than you, so you gotta ace your gaming techniques. Overall, it is a pretty good game and you will get the right Minecraft feels with it as well. You can play this game on PC.
2. SubnauticaSubnautica is another one of the best games like Minecraft that you need to know about. The game features an extreme level of survival mode that will test your survival skills and it would feel like the never seen before the game as well. The game is set up on a water planet which is known as Planet 4546B which looks like an ocean world teeming with hostile life. Just like Minecraft, you will have to be on your own in this game too, and survive against the odds.There are plenty of things that are similar to Minecraft such as overcoming the dangers, collecting resources to build bases, submersible, and new tools as well. So here you will have to watch your good intake, water intake, as well as oxygen requirements to stay alive and thrive in the game.The game is available on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PS4. It also supports VR so you will have an immersive experience with the game. Overall, check this one out and it would be fun to play.
3. Junk JackWe have another best game like Minecraft for PC that you would certainly like to know about. This game also features the best similarities with Minecraft and lets the players enjoy the amazing feels of the game. Plenty of players can join you in an adventure where you go for crafting and exploring. The game is not all goody as there can be some devious plots and traps that can hold you back and even kill you in the game as well.Players love how unpredictable this game can be because you can never know what is going to happen and if you make the wrong moves or dig too deep, you might end up being dead. This game is in 2D and allows you to explore the adventures without ruining the unique feel of the game.The game also features a lengthy tutorial which helps you get to know a bit about the game and its premise or in other words prepares you for what’s coming next. There are plenty of in-game goals to achieve and the game can be pretty simple yet very exciting, so it is something that you would most certainly like if you have liked Minecraft. It will also be an ideal game for less experienced players as it features a simple crafting system and simple recipes to use as well.
The name says it all and someone intrigues the Minecraft lover in us too. The game is exactly what you can guess but it would be a great far better experience of crafting and exploring in this game. The game features a classic space-based sandbox, where the players’ engineer spaceships, vehicles, planetary outposts, and so more. Just like Minecraft, here you will also get the two modes, survival and creative, so you can choose any one of them based on your mood and preferences.It features an unusual volumetric physics engine so you can dig up, build, and even destroy anything you like. Their technology of the game has been appreciated because it is realistic and accurate so it is kinda like what we learn in real life too, so it can be a little educational too. You can play this game in the single-player mode as well as in the multiplayer mode with up to 16 players (allowing you to work in a group or play against each other as well.If this isn’t what excited you about this game then you should know that you would be able to explore other planets with its new ships that allow you to fly. Overall, this one is undoubtedly the best game like Minecraft.
5. Fallout 4Fallout 4 is another one of the best games like Minecraft that you need to know about. Many of you might know this game already but for anyone who isn’t aware of this game, you are missing out on the best game that can give you the Minecraft feels. The game features an open world from Bethesda which might not give you the exact feel like Minecraft. But as you move forward in the game and explore its universe, you would be amazed by its settlement system as well.In the game, you can dismantle the structures to find the resources, build a wondrous base, and overall explore your creative side with the survival mode of this game. The game also features some similarities from its previous franchise which the players love the most.Of course, the game features the amazing best feels of Minecraft and yet again features much larger gameplay where you can achieve missions, find rewards, and overall enjoy the game to the fullest as well. The game is available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
6. No Man’s SkyNo Man’s Sky is another one of the best games like Minecraft that you would be happy to play. The game has laid the generational procedure foundation from Minecraft and taken it to the next level. One of the things that you should know about this game is that you not only explore just one world or another but you have over 18 quintillion planets. It features a similar survival mode and crafting mode where you will also get some spaceships and aliens as well.The game is pretty amazing as you can not only explore one world but if you get bored you can easily hop on the spaceship and explore the other one as well. Even though the game is available only on PS4 and PC. Overall, you will get the best experience of Minecraft with free extra planets to explore and survive on, so get on a spaceship and be ready to explore No Man’s Sky!
Craft the World has also made a place in our list of best games like Minecraft that you would like. The game features an underground labyrinth in need of exploration and mining. There are so many things to construct and build, from buildings, weapons, items, ammunition, you will have a long list to explore and craft in this game.There are plenty of tasks to complete and goals to meet, which will keep you occupied and hooked on the game. The game is available on PC and iOS so feel free to explore it as well.
The Flame in The Flood is also a game like Minecraft which would help you explore your creative side as well as the survival side. This is a risk-reward type of survival game that also features a lot of scope for crafting as well. The game is played from a first-person perspective.You will be constantly on the move in this game and it is something that excites and challenges the players. You will be heading downstream in the washed-out USA to find a source of a radio signal. The best part is, you will also get a loyal dog as a companion, now who wouldn’t want that?The game is available on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Stardew Valley is another popular Minecraft-like game that you must play at least once. The game is pretty amazing and soothing to play. You will get to find a little bit of everything. The game is mostly about a farm that has been owned by generations in your family, and now you will be in charge of it as well. There will be plenty of seasons, some problems to tackle, but mostly about how you expand your farm and build a fortune for yourself. There will be so many mysteries to solve and so many things to move forward as well.
10. RustRust is a game that tests your survival skills with nothing to move forward. The game will be set in a cruel world where there is no direction or instruction to move forward. There are so many challenges and so much to move forward to as well. You will get to tackle the deadly radiation as well as weather hazards that are not very uncommon on this land.You can also play the game with other players and help each other to survive the game as well. Even though the game empathizes more with survival mode, you would still get so many things to explore and create as well. The game is available on PC only.
11. RobloxRoblox is also pretty close to Minecraft when it comes to gameplay. It lets you make anything from a simulation game to a racing game. There are plenty of things to explore and so much to create as well. There are many dimensions of this game and you would want to explore all of them. So go ahead and take a look at this game like Minecraft as well.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games like Minecraft that you can find. We have listed these games here because most of the players were satisfied with the experience that they got from these games. As we have said earlier these are the closest games to Minecraft and you would certainly like them as well. We have tried to find the top games like Minecraft that are available on most of the platforms.We have come to an end for the article, and we hope that you liked it and got everything that you have been looking for. Thank you.