Games like Life is Strange are not the ones that come often. We see these games once in many years. So naturally, this game holds a special place in all of our hearts as we found something different yet thrilling and exciting.
Life is Strange is an episodic adventure game. It consists of 5 episodes that were released throughout 2015. With the first episode, the game starts slowly as you are introduced to the characters and overall vibe of the game. The player will follow the lives of different characters in the game. The characters of this game consist of a bunch of teenagers who are going through an emotional phase. But soon the story moves forward and we see a lot of supernatural powers getting mixed in the story. As soon as you move forward in the game it becomes more and more exciting. The game always keeps you on edge and you will certainly find yourself drowned in the story.
The best part about this game is that all of your choices in the game will have consequences. So, there are multiple ways to end this game. Each of your actions or choices will have a consequence, so you will need to watch out for your moves throughout the game. Strong characters, their backstories, and high-end adventure are what attract us to this game. So once you start playing it, it would be hard to not think about it. Even when you have finished the game, you would want to play it even more. After finishing Life is Strange, you might want to play a familiar game.
Well, it is going to be hard to find games like Life is Strange, but it won’t be impossible. And if that’s what you are looking for, you have found the best place. Here, we are going to save you from the trouble of finding the best game like Life is Strange. In this article, we have listed the top 10 games like Life is Strange that you can find. So go ahead and take a look at the following best games and see which would be the best choice for you.
Best Games Like Life Is Strange
1. Until DawnUntil Dawn is our first choice for the best games like Life is Strange. The game has been developed by Supermassive Games. The game is not only a great alternative for Life is Strange but it is also one of the most underrated horror games we have. The game is currently available only for PS4, so if you have this console, then Until Dawn is the first game that you should try out.Just like Life is Strange, these games will also test your choices and each one of your actions will have some consequences. You will face many difficult situations in this game where your action can also result in the death of the story’s characters. The story follows the 8 characters who are stuck in a remote mountain. They soon realize there is something wrong. There is something that keeps lurking them in the dark.The game can be played many times because you will get a different experience each time you play it. You can’t go back and change your decision, so each time you make a decision you are going to live with it throughout the game. So you might be thinking, what if I haven’t made that move? This will keep you on the edge and the adventure and thrill will be increasing with each passing movement.Overall, if you are looking for the best game like Life is Strange on PS4, then this one should be your first choice.
The second game like Life is Strange on our list is none other than The Last of Us:Remastered. This is another classic and popular game that you might have heard about. The game was developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Entertainment. The game was released in 2013 and it soon became one of the best games on PS4. The game features the horror genre with some zombies, so it is going to be a treat for anyone who loves playing this genre. The game has been set in the post-apocalyptic world and it follows the two characters, Joel and Ellie.Joel and Ellie both are very different characters, while the former is known for his brute force the letter is known for her wisdom and heart. Together they are on a survival journey across the United States. Since it’s a survival game, it is not going to be easy to survive. You will have to kill and struggle for basic needs like food and shelter and try hard to keep yourself alive. There are plenty of weapons to use to defend yourself.The core theme of the game revolves around humanity, family, and loss. And there are so many obstacles to cross and so many difficult positions to face as well. To survive this game you have to show your best fighting skills and strategic skills. Overall, it’s a fun game to play, and if you liked Life is Strange then you might want to give it a try as well.
3. Gone HomeThe next game like Life is Strange that has made a place on our list is Gone Home. If you lived the spooky feeling of Life is Strange and how smartly the game keeps you on edge with the best characters and their backstories, then this might be the best alternative for you. Gone Home features a great story that involves a woman who has just returned to her old house, only to find it empty. She has no idea what’s going on or what has changed while she is abroad.Katie (protagonist) must find out what went wrong. For this, you will have to collect clues around the house and figure out what has happened while she was away and where all her family members are. The story keeps getting more and more interesting as you move forward. The twists and turns will certainly keep you on your toes and you will always be wondering what happens next.While Life is Strange has a supernatural angle, this game is more of a mystery to solve yet it is spooky enough to keep you thrilled throughout the game. It is available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and more.So go ahead on a journey for self-discovery and solve a mystery with Katie, you are going to have so much fun playing it.
What Remains of Edith Finch has also become one of the top games like Life is Strange to play. This one too has a lot of reasons to make itself a perfect alternative for Life is Strange. The game has been developed by Giant Sparrow and published by Annapurna Interactive. This game consists of a collection of stories about death and life. All of these stories have one thing in common, and that is inevitable death. The game tells you the story of each member that features curses and tragic yet inspiring stories.You will play the role of the Last living member of the family. The protagonist is trying to uncover the buried secrets of her family members. When you put all the pieces together, you get the whole picture. At the end of the game, you will realize what this death meant to everyone and how their lives were. It might be the shortest game to play, yet the game gives you a sense of fulfillment when you complete it. It is one of the best games like Life is Strange and you can complete it in one sitting. So if you are up for a short yet marvelous game then this one should be your first choice.
5. Heavy RainHeavy Rain is another one of the best games like Life is Strange. You would love to play this one as it features a great story and you would certainly feel the excitement while playing this game. Just like Life is Strange, this game will also take place according to the choices you make in the game on each step. Each one of your choices will have a consequence and you will have to live with the consequence of your choice throughout the game. The game features the themes of vengeance and grief.The story of the game follows Ethan, a father who just lost his one son while the other one has been kidnapped by a serial killer. The father is trying to save his other son while the loss of his first son is still haunting him. The game soon turns into a psychological thriller and it will certainly keep you on your toes. The hunt for the serial killer is not going to be easy. There will be plenty of times where you will have to make some difficult choices and move forward.One of the interesting things is that gameplay switches from Ethan to other characters. So you are going to have lots of fun here. Make sure you check this one out.
6. Night in the WoodsNight in the Woods has also made a place on our list of best games like Life is Strange. If you loved Life is Strange then you are going to love this one as it features a short collection of stories. There will be many sad and depressing stories with the 10-hour long gameplay.The twist here is that the game focused on the animal character and you will be playing the role of a teenage cat. Even if it might appear childish because of the cartoonish environment, the game features some meaningful and deep stories. So if you are ready to get sad and experience some life-changing moments in some of the characters, then this should be your best option to try out.
Detroit: Become Human has also impressed and the other fans of Life is Strange. So it is only natural to include this game on our list of best Life is Strange alternatives. The game takes you to the future where the robots are on the verge of awakening. The humans can no longer be separated by the android as the difference between them is getting blurry with each passing moment.The fate of these androids depends on your character and how you handle the situations will shape their future. So it’s up to you how you want to tackle this situation and develop your character. The game is quite short and will only take about 10 hours to finish. But you can play this game multiple times as it has different endings and every single move of yours will take the game in a different direction.
The Wolf Among Us is another one of the top-rated games like Life is Strange that you can give a try. This game is a telltale where the fate of the game depends on the actions and choices of the main character. The game is based on the 1980s comic Fables.The story of the game follows the character of Bigby Wolf, the sheriff of Fabletown. The town is brutal and murders and crimes take place all the time. So there will be plenty of mysteries to solve and you would certainly love that as well. It might have a supernatural dark side but it would certainly impress you.
If you are a fan of heavier themes then Beyond Two Souls would be the perfect alternative for Life is Strange. The game is available on PS4, PS3, and PC and it stars some Hollywood celebrities. The main characters of the game are Jodie and Aiden. Jodie realizes they have a bigger role to play in this world. Aiden is a supernatural entity in this game. They both try to save their loved ones in the game. This game also features the consequences of their actions and the story will change accordingly.
10. FirewatchFirewatch is another one of the top games like Life is Strange. This game, in its own mysterious style, keeps you on an edge and you are always wondering what happens next. The explanatory mechanics and investigative storytelling are certainly impressive as well as fill the void of Life is Strange.The story follows the character of Henry, new hire of Wyoming wilderness’ Firewatch Group. He works with Delilah and shares his thoughts. The story is full of cliffhangers and philosophical questions that characters end up asking. Overall, it’s something you would want to try out after Life is Strange.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games like Life is Strange that you can find. These games have received good responses from players across the world and you would like to play them as well. All these aforementioned games are somewhat like Life is Strange and they would be the best alternative for this game as well.Our job here is done, now it’s up to you to check out these aforementioned games like Life is Strange and see which one you would like the most. That would be all and we hope you found our article helpful, thank you.