There is something about survival games, the way we are always struggling the game and wondering what might come next gives us the adrenaline rush that we need. Even though the survival genre is one of the most popular genres and we have got plenty of games that we love playing, there are a few games that are better than most of the other games. One such game that has impressed us the most is The Forest. The Forest features the best kind of challenging survival mechanics that will keep us on the edge. Apart from that, the game has also got a good enough storyline that makes us want to care about the characters.
The game would take the player named Eric LeBlanc to a mysterious peninsula. Eric is the survivor of a plane crash with his son. Next, he sees a strange humanoid creature kidnapping his son, Timmy. In the rest of the game, the player will be searching for his son as well as surviving the peninsula. He will have to make the most of the resources he gets and survive the odd situations. So with this story and the gameplay, the player would certainly get the best experience with this game.
However, if you have finished this game then you might be feeling a void and looking for something else to replace The Forest. Or some people might not like everything about the Forest and might be looking for a better alternative. Whatever your reason is, you would be looking for a game like The Forest. If that is the case with you, then you have found the best place, because we happen to have a few games like The Forest that would certainly impress you.
In this article, we have listed down the 10 best games like The Forest. These games have got everything that you can look for in an alternative for the Forest. So go ahead and check out what these games are and why they will be the best games like The Forest.
Also check – Best games like gta / Best games like the sims
Best Games Like The Forest
1. RustIf there is any game that can be called the best game like The Forest then Rust should be the one. If you have played The Forest for a long time or you just love survival games with a hint of drama then Rust might be the best choice for you. The best part is that Rust is a multiplayer game so you will be playing against the actual players. This means you will have to fight and use all the skills and strategies to make sure that you will be the better guy in any scenario. This game is adventurous, thrilling, and it will surely give you the adrenaline rush you are looking for. The game is available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.The game starts with the players being parachuted into the procedurally generated world. In this world, the players will have to fight with each other as well as the surrounding fauna that will test their surviving skills. This game puts more emphasis on the crafting skills of the players as they will have to be creative in the game to make the most of the resources. The players can team up and make the most of the game and survive with their combined skills and techniques. Overall, if you have finished The Forest, you will certainly play Rust. It might not be exactly similar but it will be just as much fun to play.
2. Ark: Survival EvolvedArk: Survival Evolved is another one of the best games like The Forest that you need to know about. This game has got everything that you can look for in The Forest alternative, there is a very rustic setting filled with lots of dangers that you will encounter throughout the game. The highlight of this game is dinosaurs! Yes, this game will throw you the biggest animals and you have to find a way to work with them. The game will take you to a brand new world. You will have so much to explore in this game. The best part would be to find the traces of advanced civilization.In this game, the players will have to find out the purpose due to which they have been bought here. The game plays out on the same lines as The Forest. There will be limited resources, but you will have to find a way to use them in your survival journey. You will have to craft materials and use them to defend yourself when the time comes. Players will also have to build their shelters and make sure they don’t struggle with the weather. The fun part will be taming the beasts to make them work for you so they don’t kill you.Overall, for The Forest alternative, this game would be a perfect option to try out. It is available on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Android, iOS, and Stadia.
3. 7 Days to DieThe next game that we found for our list of best games like The Forest is 7 Days to Die. This game has the best survival elements that you can think of and this is what has made this game this popular among gamers. You will get to fight against hunger, thirst, minimum resources, infections, subsystem damage, and so on. Not only the survival mode but it is also an RPG so you will be playing a character with a story and you will interact with many other characters as well.The game can be ugly at times, and this is something the players love. The game also allows you to play with your friends. You can assign some roles to each player. You guys can help each other and play your part. This would increase your chances of survival. The game features all the best elements that you will have to survive against. It is available for PS3, so if you got that console, you will certainly want to try this one out. Lastly, for the cop op mode, you would be happy to invest your time in this survival game like The Forest.
4. Green HellGreen Hell has also made it to our list of best games like The Forest. The game features the best kind of gameplay and it is the most similar game to The Forest you can find. If you are looking for an alternative that features a similar kind of game tactics then you would be pretty happy to explore this game. As you know, this one is also a survival game and it is all set in a jungle environment as well. You will be taking the role of a player that has to survive the harsh environment of the jungle. There are loads of wild animals in the jungle that might be the reason for your death, so you will have to beware of them.There are so many things that can go wrong in this game. Each one of your steps in the jungle can turn the direction of your journey. You will also be fighting against hunger, thirst, food pointing, dehydration, and many more. Here again, you will have to make the most of the resources and collect them whenever you get a chance. You will also have to craft the material that is necessary to survive.Furthermore, players can also choose the co-op mode to play the game. This game is all about making the right choices, otherwise, you end up being dead sooner than later. Overall, this is a game that might do justice for the die-hard fans of The Forest. The game is available on Switch and PC.
5. ValheimValheim is another one of the best games that you would like to play if you liked playing The Forest. The game is set up in a mythical world that consists of several biomasses. There is a fearsome monster present in each of the biomass that can terrify you or worse kill you. The game has decent survival mechanics but it might not be as deadly as it is in other games mentioned here. The food can wait in this game, as eating isn’t necessary to stay alive which means you don’t have to fear death from starving.The thing that you have to be terrified of the most is the deadly monsters. Here, you will also have to take a look at the intruders. They can intrude in your boundaries and raid your home. Being a mythical game means you will have to face a lot of spirits, some might be evil too. Overall, the game can be a little fun if you like to survive and looking for a change from The Forest. The game is available on PC only.
6. The Long DarkThe Long Dark is another one of the top games like The Forest that you need to know about. The game, just like The Forest, starts with a plane crash. But instead of a Forest, you end up in a deserted land. The game is ideal for all the players who love playing The Forest for its storyline, because here too the game is backed by a solid storyline that will keep you hooked on the game for a long time.The game follows an episodic storyline where you go on a search for your missing friend. You can also play it in the sandbox mode where you will collect the resources and craft your icy heart’s content. The story features the Canadian wilds which are as dangerous as The Forest. You will come across bears and wolves that can be very deadly if you don’t learn how to tackle them. Overall, this is a game that you should certainly try out. It is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
7. Don’t StarveDon’t Starve is another one of the best games like The Forest which is pretty fun to play. The game features the best gameplay that involves a classic survival mode which can be played in either solo or co-op mode. Just like The Forest, you will spend your time on this game collecting resources, fighting the demons in the dark, and battling hunger.One thing that sets it’s apart from other survival games is its unique art and background aesthetics. You can also play the game in sandbox mode or adventure mode. You can also choose between the single or multi-player mode as well. Lastly, the game is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS.
8. MinecraftMinecraft has two modes, creative and survival, both of them can get you a similar experience as The Forest and this is why it made a place on our list. The game needs no introduction as it is already a popular choice and you might have some idea about it even if you haven’t played it ever.In the creative mode, you get to create anything all you need to do is to collect some resources and use your imagination. In the survival mode, you will have to make sure that survive against whatever the game has to throw at you. There are plenty of things that you will find challenging whether it’s the opponents who can be deadly or the situations that can slowly kill you if you don’t pay attention to them. Overall, this game is quite amusing so give it a try if you haven’t already. You will find it on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS.
9. SubnauticaIf you want to test your survival skills then why just limit to the land? Subnautica is a game that would help you master your survival skills under the water. Yes, you heard it right, the game will take you to a world full of water. You will have to make sure that you survive the odds that too while staying in the water. The storyline is also pretty amusing and keeps you hooked on the game. The game is available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch.
10. No Man’s SkyNo Man’s Sky is another one of the best games like The Forest that you would be happy to play. This game has got the best survival theme. You will end up in a desert that is quite colorful and full of cannibals. There is endless despair and death which you have to escape in odd situations. It’s a quite fun game featuring a Sci-fi theme. The game has got aliens in it as well as some surprises that you might not like.It also allows you to fly from one planet to another. Here, you will also fight the hunger and shelter problems, so gathering resources will be an eternal struggle. Overall, it is a fun game to play and you will find it on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games like The Forest that you need to know about. All of these aforementioned games like The Forest have got the best survival mechanics that would surely test your survival skills. The reason we have selected these games is that they have been very popular along with the games and they have received the best reviews as well.We have covered all the consoles too, so you can easily find a game like The Forest suitable for the console you have. That would be all for now and we hope you will get the best games like The Forest. So go ahead and pick your favorite or try them all because these games would certainly keep you busy for a while.