RPG is undoubtedly one of the most popular genres of video games and we all love playing these games as well. There is something good about going through the journey of a character with a strong storyline as you emotionally attach to the game and allow yourself to connect with the game in many ways. This is the reason why so many amazing RPGs exist and most of them are pretty good as well. One of such RPGs that we have liked the most is the Elder Scrolls. This is a classic game that has won the hearts of the player for a long time now.
The Elder Scroll series was first started in the 90s and after that, it has undergone many changes and we got the best game tactics, great graphics, good storyline, and even better characters in the game. The series shows plenty of amazing games and you must play them all if you are a fan of RPGs and action games. There is so much power given to the characters and players would feel they can do anything and go anywhere as well. Although, if you are a true fan then you would want to play all the Elder Scrolls games in order.
Now, this can be a little difficult if you just explored the game and you don’t know what is the order of the Elder Scrolls game. But don’t worry, that is why we are here, aren’t we?
In this article, we have listed the Elder Scrolls games in the order that you need to know about and we have also reviewed them too so that you can know what to expect from the games. So go ahead and see the order of Elder Scrolls games.
Also check – Harry potter games for android / Best ps4 games
Best Elder Scroll Games In Order
1. The Elder Scrolls: ArenaThe first game in the Elder Scrolls series is The Elder Scrolls: Arena and this game came out in 1994. The game was available for MS-DOS only at the initial stage. This game almost didn’t add The Elder Scrolls in the title, thankfully they decided to include it in and started the legendary series. The game was supposed to be a gladiator combat game only but during the development process, they decided to take a different path and explored the open-world environment where the players are supposed to solve the quests and explore the open world.The open world of Arena covers an area of six million Square kilometers which is quite impressive and it may be one of the largest areas for a game too. There are fast travel facilities which must be given since the towns are located very far from one another. There are a lot of exciting features in the game and you would most certainly like the world-building elements and plenty of amazing features as well.The game has a lot to offer in terms of combat and quest solving, although you may find the background a little dull than what you would want. Overall, it’s a great start to the series.
2. The Elder Scrolls II: DaggerfallThe next Elder Scrolls game in the order is The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall and this one had made quite a buzz too after the success of the first game at that time. The game was once again made for MS-DOS only as it was released in 1996. The game came out two years after the release of the first game in the series and the developers have been innovative and enhanced the foundation of this game. They have made quite a few changes and the biggest one was the fact that it features a limited map with an area of 160,000 kilometers.Even though the area was quite small, it got pretty good reviews as the limited area got even better with lots of detailing and great aesthetics. The background and map felt more alive and gave a great experience than the first one in the series. Not just the maps, plenty of other elements have been added such as players can own property, create custom spells, join guilds or become a werebeast or vampire. So the game becomes even more immersive and has a profound attachment to the characters.Overall, this game is nicely put together even with so many elements and nice gameplay, even though there are some technical issues, yet this game is worth your time.
3. An Elder Scrolls Legend: BattlespireThe next game in the Elder Scrolls order is An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire and this came out in 1997. This game was also developed for MS-DOS. There are plenty of amazing features this game has to offer as it took a different approach than other games that you would like to explore than the other two games in the series. The would revolve around a Battlemage training fortress located in the Daedric realm of Oblivion.This game features closed levels and there is no open world. The developers have also excluded merchants and currency from the game mechanics entirely. This game also has a multiplayer mode and it features great gameplay tactics as well. Although, it does have a greater feature in the game. But this one is known as the least impressive game in the series. Despite this, you would like to play this game sometime as it’s a part of a great franchise.
4. The Elder Scrolls Adventures: RedguardThis is another one of the spin-off games of the Elder Scrolls that came out in 1998. This game features the pirate-themed action game where you will come across the pre-made and non-customizable character named Cyrus. The game takes place on the island of Stross M’Kai, which is located off the shores of Hammerfell.The game also features the influence of the prince of Persia and there are plenty of amazing elements that make this game an unforgettable game in the Elder Scroll series. Overall, even being a spin-off game, this one became a popular game at the time of the release.
5. The Elder Scrolls III: MorrowindThis is the third main game in the Elder Scroll series and you would find it quite amusing because this one is known as one of the most beloved games of the series. The game was released in 2001 and it made some buzz among the players at that time. There are plenty of things that impressed us in the game and you would like the RPG characteristics of the game along with the open environment. The game is set in the Morrowind province even in the small proportion it provides a unique look. The world seems a lot bigger than it actually is, so it’s a plus point in the game as well.The game will extend the foundation set by Daggerfall which will streamline the experience. One of the most interesting parts of this game is the questline which is also known as one of the best in the series. You will also find two expansion packs in the game.Overall, the game was well-received by the players and also got great reviews from the critics too, so this one definitely is a must-play game in the series.
6. The Elder Scrolls IV: OblivionThe next Elder Scrolls game in order is Oblivion and is also the fourth main series game in order as well. The game came out in 2006 and this one was also hyped by the fans and was well received too. This game took several steps forward and several steps backward, and all the players and fans can agree on this as well. The game is set in the Imperial province of Cyrodrill, Oblivion and it offers great graphics that truly did this idyllic heartland province justice. This one is available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, so it should be easy for modern-day fans to play it too.The game mechanics are open to a wider audience and it is also a fully voiced game. The RNG was removed from the combat system entirely. Players also loved the vibrant world and side quests that are quite interesting and there is no denying that Oblivion had some major shortcomings.This game also has two expansions and both of them are quite fun to play. Overall, you would certainly enjoy playing this game as well.
7. The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim might be the most popular game in the series and you may have played it too at some point. This is the fifth main series game in the franchise and it was released in 2011. Over 30 million copies of this game have been sold out which makes it not only the best-selling Elder Scroll game but also the 12th best selling game of all time. A lot of core changes have been adapted to meet the new standards of the games and become popular among the gamers, and we can say that worked out well.It does feature some interesting RPG elements and keeps the players interested in the storyline. Overall, it is certainly a game worth playing. So make sure you check it out as it is available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows.
8. The Elder Scrolls OnlineThe next Elder Scrolls game in the order is The Elder Scrolls Online and it came out in 2014. This game is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OS X.This game features the different provinces in the Arena and you will explore so many different sides of the game too. There are plenty of characteristics that players loved in this game. So it would be worth checking out and being nostalgic for the series.
9. The Elder Scrolls: LegendsThis is the next Elder Scrolls game in the order and it came out in 2017 for several platforms such as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Android. The game features a collectible card game that would certainly make a great option to play. The game is somewhat interesting and it would certainly impress you too. Since it is available on many platforms, you would like to explore this one.
10. The Elder Scrolls: BladesThe last game in the Elder Scrolls was made for smartphones, both Android and iOS, and this mobile version also got pretty popular too. The game first came in 2019 and it made quite a buzz among the Elder Scrolls fans. It features both roguelike dungeon exploration and PvP Arena combat.Even though it has some limitations due to the smartphone platform, it is still an interesting game to play. And you can play it anytime and anywhere too.
ConclusionSo these are the Elder Scroll games in the order that you have been looking for. Since the early games in the order came out in the early 90s, you might get a very different experience from today’s games. At the same time, you would like to explore the whole journey of Elder Scrolls games and if you are a pro gamer, then you would want to play them all in the series.That would be all for now and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for, that is the Elder Scrolls game in the order.