Horror games are pretty cool because you get to play a game where you can roam in a creepy setting and get across a ghost, monster, or even zombies. Players get the chills while playing a horror game so much so that they do get full of adrenaline rush. One other thing about the horror game that we like is that it is just not the horror genre but plenty of other genres are mixed, such as action-adventure, FPS, mystery, and many more. So if you are going to explore the horror genre then you would more than happy to play the horror game and have a great time.
Since the popularity of horror video games is quite high, there is no shortage of horror games out there. Although finding good horror games that are worthy of your time and attention may be a little challenging and that too on your favorite console. In this article, we are talking about horror games on Xbox One. If you own an Xbox One then you will have access to plenty of amazing games including horror games. But you may or may not know about them in the first place.
Finding the best Xbox One horror games can be a little tiring if you have never played any horror game or you don’t know which ones are the good ones and which ones are available for Xbox One. Well, don’t worry because we have got your back.
Here, we are going to list down the top 15 horror games on Xbox One that you should know about. We have also reviewed these games so that you would know what these games have to offer to you and what you can expect from them. So go ahead and take a look at the following best Xbox One horror games in the following list and see which one you would like the most.
Also check – Best ps4 horror games / Best danganronpa games in order
Best Xbox One Horror Games
1. Resident Evil 2Resident Evil is one of the best horror game series that you would come across. It started a few years back and it is still going pretty strong which made it one of the best horror game series that you can come across. Among all the games in the series, the 2nd installment, that is, Resident Evil known as the best horror game ad it is highly rated and very well received by the audience across the globe.The game has been developed by Capcom and they have done a brilliant job in creating a tense atmospheric and unsettling setting that makes it one of the best horror games on Xbox One or even on any other console too. The game is best known for its visuals and soundtrack that contribute to its horror factor. The game has got a nice storyline that will make you interested in the characters as well as give you an exceptional experience where you feel a part of the story too.Overall, it is one of the best horror games on Amazon that you can find so far, so if you haven’t already played this game, it is high time that you try it right away.
2. Silent Hill 2Silent Hill is another one of the well-known horror game series that you may have heard about. If you haven’t heard about this or ever played the game you are missing out on one of the best horror games. This is why our second-best Xbox One horror game on our list is none other than Silent Hill 2. This is also the second installment in the game and it is known as the best game in the series as well as counted among the top horror games of all time.The game features a more robust at the same time a heartbreaking storyline that will keep the players hooked to the game till they have completed the game. The game features some very twisted monsters with a backstory. If you played this game once you will be a part of this story for a long timeThe story of the game focuses on James Sunderland. He receives a letter from his deceased wife but the more shocking thing is the letter contains some directions for him. The letter will help take him to the Silent Hills. The horrific visuals of the game might be a little too much for players, you will get the sight of monasteries. He then comes across the real monster, what will be that? How will James fight the monsters? These are some of the questions that will make you play the game.
3. Dead SpaceDead Space is the next best Xbox One horror game that has made a place on our list and you would be more than happy to play this game if you are a true horror game fan. This game has been published by EA so you can expect a good experience from the game. This game is known as a horror masterpiece and people are more than happy to play this game and they enjoyed everything about the game.This game features the survival genre too where the players will be up against the zombies. So surviving will be the top goal for the players. The worst part of the game is that the zombies can’t be killed by putting a bullet in their head, so the job of eliminating the zombies and keeping everyone safe goes to one man, Isaac Clarke!Issac Clarke has got equipment that will be proven crucial to kill the zombies and keep everyone safe. The game has got many reasons to be horrified and there will be some unsettling things as well. So there is no doubt that this is going to be creepy and hard to win. This action-adventure horror game made quite a mark and set a bar for other horror games. Overall, it would be a great game to play on Xbox One if you are a fan of horror games.
4. Alien: IsolationIf you are looking for a horror game that will keep you on edge from start to finish then this one might be the best choice for you. The game has got the best setting and background scenes that make it a little creepy and at the same time intriguing. The game may have a slow opening but it catches its pace as soon as you move a little forward in the game and after that, it becomes mind-blowing.There are some intriguing monsters and other things that you fight in this game. And to kill them or eliminate them, you are going to need some fancy weapons and gadgets. That’s what makes this game pretty cool among the fans who like to have everything in their horror game and not just jumpy scenes. But this doesn’t mean the developers have compromised with the horror angle of the game. You will be very much aware when you are not alone and you can sense or hear it when you have company.Overall, this isn’t just any other horror game and you are going to have much fun too. So make sure you try it out.
5. Left 4 Dead 2Left 4 Dead 2 is also a great horror game that you would like to play on your Xbox One and it will certainly give you a great experience of a horror game too. This is another one of the horror games that feature zombies and you would know that you are accompanied by someone or when you are being followed, this would always keep you alert throughout the game.Although the developers have kept it perfectly balanced so the game will be quite fun to play and it doesn’t lose the horror touch even with the zombies roaming around. Players won’t be too distracted to pay attention and at the same time, they will find it hard to know what’s lurking around them and when they are going to be attacked. The graphics and soundtrack are also appreciated by the fans and critics.This game has a pretty good feel and an interesting setting. You would want to kill the zombies and at the same time leave everything and run as soon as you hear something. Overall, if you like zombies and horror games then this is a must-play game for you.
6. The Evil Within 2The next horror game on Xbox One that has made a place on our list is none other than The Evil Within 2. This is another one of the top-rated Xbox One horror games that are quite popular and will certainly keep you hooked on the game for a long time. The first game surely created a buzz and made a mark but the second game in the series made sure that this series is going to be a popular one for a long time. This game is a little more complex than the first installment in the series.The game features an open world that is full of ungodly terrors. There are some old enemies waiting for the protagonist and there are some new ones that will test the players’ intelligence and patience. Some fans have said that this game feels like a nightmare. Overall, it received the best reviews from the players as well as the critics so you should certainly play the game.
7. Alan WakeAlan Wake is another one of the top Xbox One games that you would like to try out sometime. The game features a living nightmare when the protagonist of the game brings his wife to a lake house. The next thing he knows is that he is being persuaded by the shadows and haunted by his own psyche. There is so much going on that he doesn’t understand, but one thing is clear to him, he is in danger along with his wife.So he must do something before shadows eat him alive. But he has only one thing by his side, a flashlight! The game is pretty great and it will make you feel a little scared too. It is going to be fun to play, so make sure that you try out this game sooner than later.
8. Dying LightAnother zombie-like game has made it to our list of best Xbox One horror games and this is none other than Dying Light. It is one of the most popular games that you would come across and this game will keep you hooked for a long time once you start playing it. This is an open-world game where you will have to go on a zombie killing spree or you will be counted among the killing army.The game has been set in the fictional city of Harran, Mediterranean. The game has got a lot of cool weapons that will help you to fight the undead creatures walking. You will also be able to run, jump, and climb. Overall, this is a pretty good game to play especially if you like horror/zombie games.
9. Outlast 2Outlast 2 is another one of the best horror games to play on Xbox One. This game has also made quite a buzz among the horror genre fans and it was called one of the games horror games in the year it was released. The game is the next installment of the Outlast series and if you have played the first game in the series, you will find a similar set of the game where you will find yourself in an Asylum.The village in the game has been caught up in cults, religion, and madness. The game would make you run when you hear something unusual. The night vision and setting of the game will also elevate the tense feeling among the players. Overall, it is going to be a pretty cool game to play.
10. Layers of FearThis game is as intense as it sounds. This game features the true monster, the fear that we have in our minds. The fear that makes us do terrible things and makes us scared of something isn’t even present in the first place.This game will take you on a journey of the world through the fractured psyche of an artist trying to complete his masterpiece. It becomes clear that the game will test your mind and its ability to resist fear. It is not a typical horror game with big monsters because it is much deeper than that. So make sure you check it out sometime.
11. SOMAThat next horror game that has impressed us enough to make a place for itself is none other than SOMA. This game takes the players to a research facility that is present at the bottom of the ocean. If being trapped underwater isn’t scary enough for you then don’t worry the game won’t disappoint you. It features some monsters and when you face them you may not have any weapon to actually fight them. This game has more psychological dangers than physical dangers.So if you are looking for a psychological horror game that is not just about killing monsters, then this one might be the best choice for you.
12. State of Decay 2State of Decay 2 is another one of the popular horror games on Xbox One that you would like to play. This game also features zombies and some other undead creatures that will keep you in survival mode. The game would be quite fun to play with its many amazing features and options that will enhance your experience. Overall, just beware of hordes of zombies and make sure you know how to kill them.
13. ObserverThe next game on our list is none other than Observer. This is also a psychological horror that will haunt you as you move forward to the game and test your monsters. The game comes from the same team as the Layers of Fear so you can expect the same kind of horror from this game as well. It shows some advanced technology and deep skills of the protagonist that would most certainly impress you and keep you hooked on the game for a long time.Although keep in mind that you are going to witness some terrible events that will stay in your mind for a long time.
14. PreyPrey is also a top-rated Xbox One horror game that you need to know about. This game will also feature hordes of bloodthirsty creatures that will test your survival skills in the game. The game also features some action and adventure, so you will get more than just a horror game to play. Overall, it received some good reviews from the fans and critics so you should certainly try this one out.
15. MonstrumThis indie horror game has also been a popular choice for the players who like to spike their adrenaline rush with some horrific and unsettling setting along with a spooky soundtrack. This game will require you to outsmart the monster, not just fight it. You will get several side quests in the game that will keep it interesting for a long time.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best horror games on Xbox One that you can play so far. These games gave received the best ratings and appreciation from the fans as well as the critics so you would have a great time. If you own an Xbox One and you would like to play the horror game, must try the games from the aforementioned list and you won’t be disappointed.That would be all for now and we hope that you got everything that you have been looking for. Thank you.