Counter-Strike is one of the most popular multiplayer first shooting games that we have today. There are thousands of people who play this game and its popularity is growing day by day as well. Everything about this game is on point, whether it’s game tactics, weapons, the gameplay, or the graphics, there will be hardly anything that would disappoint you. However, the high ping remains an issue that troubles some players now and then. Although it is a common problem for all the leading FPS and other heavy-duty games, there are a few people who are looking for ways to fix high ping in CS:GO.
Since you are here, we can expect that you are also experiencing the high ping in CS:GO. Well, you are not alone as many people do experience this issue and they also resolve it by applying various methods as well. In this article, we are going to list down a few ways that can fix the high ping issue in CS:GO.
Go ahead and take a look at the following article to find out how to resolve the high ping issue in CS:GO.
How to Determine if Your Ping is High?
To resolve the high ping issue, you have to be certain that your ping is indeed high.
The ping, aka latency, is measured in round trip time for data sent from your computer to reach your central server and the response to come back. It is measured in milliseconds (ms).
If you have ping more or about 100 ms then you will experience the high ping issue. If it is about 30 ms then you can play heavy games like CS:GO quite smoothly and efficiently. To know the ping of your game, you can enable the ping status in the game as well.
There are a few ways through which you can fix the high ping issue in CS:GO, have a look at the following ways:
How To Fix High Ping Issue in CS:GO
1. Restart your modem or routerOne of the first ways to fix the high ping issue in the CS:GO is to restart your modem or router. If you haven’t switched it off for a long time, it causes high ping issues while you are playing CS:GO. Switching it off would clean the cache and it would reduce the ping as well.To restart the modem and clear the cache, follow these steps:
- Unplug both your router and modem
- Wait for about a minute and let it cool down for a bit
- Plug the router and modem back in and wait till the indicator lights are back to normal
- Now launch CS:GO and see if the issue is resolved
2. Verify integrity of game cache filesIt is a quick fix for almost all the Steam games including CS:GO, here is how you can do it:
- Log in Steam. Now go to the Library where all your games would be listed
- Right-click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and select properties
- Go to the Local Files tab and now click verify the integrity of game files
- Wait till the process is completed
- It would help in case there is a game cache
- This process would work for Steam users only.
3. Close Bandwidth Hogging ApplicationsThe high ping issue can be seen when there are applications running in the background which are hogging the bandwidth. This is why you should close down the unnecessary applications and programs before you launch CS:GO.You can close all the applications that you don’t require and the ones that might be hogging the bandwidth. This would increase the bandwidth and reduce the latency as well.
- Press the Windows key + R key on your keyboard to invoke the Run Dialog Box
- Now type Resmon and hit enter
- The resource monitor window would be opened. Now pay attention to the “Total” column.
- This way you will know which program is hogging the bandwidth the most and taking up all your network resources
- Right-click on the process that you want to disable and end the process.Sometimes, antivirus software too can cause high ping issues in CS:GO. If that is running then you can easily close that down as well.
4. Update Your Device DriverOne of the common reasons for high ping in CS:GO is the outdated version of the software. If your device is outdated and there is an update available then you should update it ASAP. Many players have reported the problem of high ping in their outdated devices and the problem was resolved just after they had updated it.You can manually or automatically update your device or with the help of a third-party application. Whichever suits you best. After you have updated your device, you can launch CS:GO and see if the high ping issue has been resolved or not.
5. Renew IP AddressSometimes an IP Address can be a reason for high latency in your game and cause lagging issues due to poor connection to the server. This is why you may want to renew the IP Address to reduce the high ping in the CS:GO.
6. Change DNS ServerYou can also try to switch your ISP’s DNS server to the Google public DNS address to resolve the high ping issue. Sometimes the busy server can also be the reason for high latency, switching it might help you resolve the issue as well.
7. Reinstall the GameIf nothing seems to work for you, then you may need to reinstall the game on your device.It is a quite simple process, just uninstall the game and then reinstall it again. After everything is done, just launch CS:GO and see if it is running smoothly or not.
8. Swap Wi-Fi to an Ethernet ConnectionEven though the wireless connection is more reliable and convenient, it might not be strong for playing games like CS:GO. Sometimes the wireless connection may not be able to provide the required strong connection and that creates high ping issues in games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.If that is the case, then you may want to switch to the ethernet connection, if that is possible for you. Here, if your network problem is resolved, the high ping issue would be automatically reduced.You should also limit the wireless interfaces that might weaken your Wi-Fi signal, this involves cordless phones and microwaves. Place them far away from the router as well as your laptop. Overall, just ensure that your wireless connection is strong enough and you will be able to play CS: GO smoothly.
ConclusionSo here we have listed down all the ways to fix the high ping issues in CS:GO. Again, it is a common issue faced by many gamers and it happens for various reasons. We have listed all the effective ways to fix the high ping issue in CS: GO and we are pretty sure that one of them would work for you as well.That would be all for now and we hope that you have found everything you have been looking for and our article was helpful as well. Thank you.