If you like playing FPS games then you must have played Valorant as well. It has been out for a while now and gamers have also appreciated this game which explains its growing popularity. Everything in this game is on point, from the leading game mechanics and the gameplay to the intuitive controls and storyline. The only complaint the gamers have from this game is its high ping issues.
Of course, the high ping or high latency issues are not very uncommon among the FPS games and they are also not new. This means the players are looking for solutions to enjoy their favorite shooting games.
Well, if you one of those people who is frustrated with the high ping issues in Valorant then this article is for you. Here, we are going to explain why you are most likely to face the high ping issues and what are the ways that can help you with this as well. So let’s get started and move ahead to find some solutions as well.
Reasons Behind High Ping in Valorant:
To find out how to fix the high ping in Valorant, you want to first know about its potential reasons behind it.
- Limited Bandwidth: One of the common reasons behind the high ping in valorant would be the limited bandwidth. This means, if your internet connection is geared between multiple users then tour bandwidth would be limited which can cause the high ping issue.
- Unoptimized Router Settings: One of the other leading reasons for high ping issues is the unoptimized router settings, that is, your router may be configured incorrectly.
- VPNs: If there is a VPN application running in the background then it can cause high latency or high ping issues in games like Valorant, as it can restrict the bandwidth and the connectivity to the game.
- Background Application and Downloads: If there is a background application running in your device or if there is a huge file downloading in the background then it can also affect the connectivity and the bandwidth which will cause the high ping issue.
- Wireless Connectivity: Sometimes, a wireless connection is not enough for a riot game or high-end tactical shooting games like Valorant, so this can result in a high ping issue.
- Poor ISP Connectivity: Sometimes, it is your internet provider with a poor connection that can affect the high ping issues.
- Your Location: If you are residing in a location that does not have official servers can also cause high latency issues.
Things to Consider Before Fixing the High Ping Issues:
Make sure there is no unnecessary or unwanted application running in the background.
Restart your game and boot only the Valorant game and other necessary applications to check whether you still have a high ping issue.
Disable the VPN running in the background.
Try switching to the wired connection if you use the wifi connection
Restart your router or modern.
If you are still experiencing the high ping issue in Valorant then you can try using the following ways to fix the issue.
How To Fix High Ping Issues In Valorant
1. Reboot Your NetworkOne of the first things you need to do to fix the high ping issue in Valorant is to reboot your network. Whether you are connected to a WiFi connection or ethernet connection. It would free up RAM on your Router and renew your IP Address which can fix the issue for you.
- Unplug both router and modem
- Wait for a minute and then plug it back and ensure that indicator lights are normal
- Launch Valorant
2. Use An Ethernet ConnectionAnother way to fix the high ping in Valorant would be to use an ethernet connection. Wi-Fi connection may be convenient and more reliable for other stuff but it may not be sufficient for first-person shooting games and that too games like Valorant.With a Wi-Fi connection, you are likely to experience poor reception and Wi-Fi channel conflict, which can cause high latency issues. To avoid the uncertainty of wireless connection, you may need to switch to the ethernet connection.
3. Close Bandwidth Hogging ProgramsIf there are certain programs that are hogging the bandwidth then you need to get rid of them ASAP. Programs like OneDrive, iCloud, and Windows Updates require a large bandwidth that needs to be closed while you play Valorant.To this, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl+Shift and Esc keys at the same time to open Task Manager
- Click on the Network Tab
- Now if you see any bandwidth task, select them, and click End Task
4. Update your Network DriverUpdating your Network Driver can also effectively solve the high ping issue in Valorant. This has been proved by many gamers.Firstly, check whether or not you are using the latest version of the network driver and if not then you can proceed to update it.You can either update it manually as well as automatically, whichever suits you the most.
5. Change Your DNS SettingsAnother way you can try to fix the high ping issue in Valorant would be by changing the DNS Settings. If you change your DNS to a popular IP address, this can solve tons of problems. This can be very effective as well. After changing your DNS settings, launch Valorant and see if the problem has been resolved or not.
6. Update WindowsIf you are using an outdated version of Windows, then you might face the high ping issue as well. To resolve this, you will have to install all Windows Updates. Using the latest versions of Windows and updating it would most likely solve the High Ping issue in Valorant.It is pretty easy to install all Windows Updates as well. Just check for updates and if they are available then install them and restart your computer.
7. Use a VPNIf you have tried everything and it is still not working then you may want to give VPN a shot as well. If you are facing this issue during peak hours then VPN is most likely to deliver better performance. This doesn’t apply to the free VPNs. This is why you may need to invest in a paid and high-rated VPN.
ConclusionHere, we have enlisted all the popular ways to fix the high ping issue in valorant. We hope that these aforementioned works for you and you would be able to enjoy your favorite game with full efficiency. High pings can be pretty annoying and make you want to hate the game as well, but with the right knowledge, you would be able to overcome and resolve this issue. Thank you for visiting and we hope that our article was helpful.