Avast is one of the best antivirus software we have, and their developers have come up with an Avast browser too. And with that, Avast has become one of the best and most popular browsers that we have today. Although it may not be our most favorite browser to use because it keeps launching automatically on startup. This makes many users annoyed at the Avast browsers and that’s where they start looking for ways to stop it from opening on startup.
Since you are here, we can believe that you are one of those annoyed users of the Avast browser who is sick of opening the Avast browser on startup. Well, you have found the best place as we are going to solve this issue for you. There are many ways through which we can prevent Avast browsers from opening on startup and we are mentioning the best ways in our article as well.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and take a look at the following list of ways to stop Avast browser from opening on startup.
Why do People want to Stop Avast from Opening?
It would be just annoying if you see something on your screen as soon as you started it. The Avast browser has been doing so for a long time now as it opens without the constant of users. This has created mistrust among many users and some just want to get rid of it altogether.
To overcome this issue, the users can use the following three ways and stop the Avast browser from opening on startup.
Also Check – How to fix kernel security check failure BSOD
How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup
1. Stop Avast from Browser SettingOne of the best ways to stop Avast from launching on startup is to stop it from its browser settings. This would be the easiest way to do this and it is not that hard either.To do this, you need to launch the browser and then click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen. Now you will find yourself in the setting menu of the browser. Now, just scroll down until you find the tile that says ‘On Startup’. After that, you will see the option ‘Launch Avast Browser Automatically when your System Starts’.This option would be active as the browser is opening on startup automatically. So just slide the bar to its left and disable the function.It would take care of the issue and prevent the browser from opening itself. As we said earlier, it is the easiest and quickest way to fix the issue and it would work on both macOS and Windows.
2. Disabling the browser through the Task ManagerAnother one of the simple ways to stop Avast from opening on startup would be to disable the browser through the task manager.In the Task Manager, you would find all the startup apps. Open the task manager by simultaneously holding down Ctrl+Shift+I. Here you would have multiple tabs such as Performance, Apps, History, and many more.Click on the Startup tab, this would display the list of all the apps that launch when the system starts. Now, go to the Avast Secure Browser option and right-click on it. Now you will see the option ‘Disable’ and press it.Now that you have disabled it, you will block the startup. This was, the browser would only open when you launch it.
3. Uninstalling the Avast from Control PanelIf you don’t want to use the Avast browser at all, you would certainly like to uninstall it.The Control Panel features a list of all apps that run on your system and you can remove many of them to erase them from your computer as well. So if you are certain that you never want to use the Avast browser then you may uninstall it. Of Course, you would be able to install it later when you need it.To uninstall the browser from the control panel, you need to follow the following steps:
- Open the control panel by typing the same in the Windows search box
- Proceed programs and features
- You will find the list of all the programs that are running on the system
- Find the Avast icon and click on it
- Now go to the uninstall option which you would find on the top and click on it to remove itThere, the Avast browser would be removed from the system and it won’t open again. You can install the browser if you need it later. However, if you want to eliminate the need to use the Avast browser, you may need to install another browser on your system.
4. Using an Alternate BrowserNow, if you need a browser but you can’t handle the Avast browser then you need to go on a hunt for another browser. Here you need to find a browser that would open only with your consent.There are many browsers that would open on your consent and works just fine too. Make sure you look for a browser that serves your needs and comes with good features and options that make it easier to use and is also reliable. Once you have installed another browser, you would never need to use the Avast browser on your computer which means no more dealing with an automatic pop-up of the Avast browser.
ConclusionSo these are some of the ways which would stop Avast browser from opening on startup. We know it can be really annoying to see a browser opening without your permission and that too when you just started your PC. Well, now that you know the top ways to stop this from happening in the future, we hope you would be happy to use your Avast browser at your convenience and not see it on startup.That would be all for now and we hope that you would like our article and find it helpful too. Thank you for visiting and keep coming for more such articles in the future as well.