It’s been a while since WhatsApp has been introduced in our lives. The way we communicate or stay in touch with people has changed ever since the app was launched. Nowadays, almost everyone uses Whatsapp and stays connected to their friends, family, and many more. There are plenty of things that we have liked in the app, from sending the messages to sharing the precious moments of our lives via the status features, everything is pretty cool.
Although, there is something that not all people would appreciate. The last seen feature of WhatsApp shows us when the person was last active. This may be helpful for some people who want everyone to know when they were last active on WhatsApp. If you open someone’s chat and their last seen feature is on, you would see when they were active under their name, for example, XYZ was last seen today at 6:15 PM.
This feature can be a little annoying when the people you don’t want to know would have the access to your activity log. If you are some of those people then you are not alone.
If you are new to the app, this may be a little overwhelming to know all the features and to know how to use the app as well. So you may not know that you can also hide the last seen from your contacts.
Since you are here, you may not know how to hide the last seen on WhatsApp. Don’t worry, we are here to help you out and will tell you how to hide the Last Seen on WhatsApp.
Go ahead and take a look at the following steps to know how to hide the last seen feature on WhatsApp:
Also check – How to delete whatsapp messages up to one week old / How to recover deleted photos from whatsapp
How To Hide Last Seen On WhatsApp
- 1. Open WhatsApp – First of all, you need to go to WhatsApp on your phone.
- 2. Go to Settings – Now, you need to go to the settings of WhatsApp. For this, tap on the three dots present on the right corner of the screen.
- 3. Go to privacy – The settings for the last seen feature are present in the privacy section, so you need to go tap on privacy.
- 4. Find “last seen” – The next thing you need to do is to find and select the Last Seen option under privacy. There you will find three options, My Contacts, Everyone, and Nobody.
- Click on Nobody if you don’t want anyone to see your last scene. You can also choose the “my contacts” option if you don’t save a lot of contacts and don’t want everyone to see your last seen.
For iPhonethe process of hiding last seen is the same as the Android but the setting feature will be available at the bottom of the screen instead of the three dots at the right corner. For the iPhone, you need to follow these steps.
- Go to the settings
- After that select the Account option
- Then to privacy where you will find the Last Seen option.The rest is the same as the Android. Just choose who can see your last seen, Nobody, My Contacts, or everyone.That’s it, your last seen is hidden now, so you don’t have to be worried about who can see when you were last active.
ConclusionSo that’s how you would hide your last seen on WhatsApp. It is pretty easy, right? It will only take about a few minutes to do and you won’t have to answer people why you haven’t replied to them even though you were online. You should keep in mind that if you hide your last seen, you won’t be able to see anyone else’s last seen.That would be all for now and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for. Thank you.