YouTube is one of the most popular apps that we have now. You can get the idea of the popularity of the app from the fact that it comes pre-installed on your phones when you buy them. The reason why the platform is popular is that it has all kinds of videos on it. The platform can be educational where you can learn so much from making coffee to learning maths or history. Most people have made a career out of YouTube as well. It is also a popular entertainment app where you can watch entertaining videos for free and kill some time.
Since YouTube is a popular platform and almost everyone has it, the problems related to YouTube streaming are also common. One of the biggest problems that YouTube users face is the YouTube not Working Error On Android. If you are also facing this issue then you are not alone as there are plenty of people who have faced this problem and also fixed it on their own.
There can be many reasons why you might be facing the YouTube not Working Error On Android. From outdated versions of the app to network issues on your known, anything can cause this issue.
Since you are here, you must be facing the same issue as well. If that is the case then you will be very frustrated from not being able to use YouTube. Well, don’t worry we have got your back as well. We have listed down a few solutions that you can try to fix YouTube not working error on Android. Go ahead and have a look:
How To Fix YouTube Not working Error On Android
1. Restart Your PhoneOne of the first things that we all do when there is something wrong with our phone is to turn it off and on again a after while. This may sound like an old-school solution but sometimes it works just fine. There may be some troubleshooting issue in your phone or something may be causing the application not to work, this can be solved by just turning the phone off and on back again.So if you haven’t tried turning your phone off and restarting it, then this is the first thing you should do to fix YouTube not working error on Android. It might work, if not then you can move to the next solution.
2. Check the Internet ConnectionBefore blaming your phone or the app when facing the YouTube not working error on Android, you should take a look at the internet connection that you have. An unstable or slow internet connection can also cause the problem that you are facing.You can see the network bar if it’s full or not, or the wifi strength as well. There are plenty of reasons why your network may be slow or unstable. Either your wifi router is not correctly set, you may be in a low network coverage area, or there may be some network instability at the network provider’s end.If the network connection is not that strong, YouTube may not work or load the videos.To fix the network problem, you might want to turn off your wifi router or put your phone on flight mode for a while. After a while connect your phone to the internet again and see if the network issue is resolved. If the culprit is the poor internet connection then you should work on solving it first.
3. Clear Cache or Delete DataIf there is too much cache stored up in the YouTube app, then you might want to clear the cache. Sometimes the cache can also cause troubleshooting problems and there may be too much data as well.So to fix that you might want to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings from the drop-down menu of your notification bar or open the Settings app directly
- Now scroll down and find the App and tap on it.
- Now look for YouTube and then select it.
- Under YouTube, you would see Storage and Cache
- Click on Clear cache and go to the Storage> Manage Storage
- After that clear the data of the app as wellThis might resolve the issue as well. Launch the app again, and see if it works again or not. If not then move to the next solution.
4. Update YouTubeIf you haven’t updated YouTube in a while then the reason why you are facing the YouTube not working error on Android would be the outdated version of the app. So the smart thing to do would be to see if there is an update available and if there is then update the app. For this, follow these steps:
- Go to the PlayStore app on your phone
- Go under the Manage all apps and games
- There you will find the list of apps you have and the list of apps that needs to be updated
- Select YouTube from the list and see if there is a new update available
- If there is an update available then update it and install the latest version.See if this fixes the problem.
4. Check Your Phone’s Time and DateSometimes the wrong date and time set in your phone can also cause several issues including YouTube not working on Android. So before doing anything, you might want to see if the time and date are correct on your phone. If not, then you should correct it. To do that you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the settings app
- Find the Date and Time option and click on it
- Enable the “Automatic Date & Time” option.This should also resolve the issue. If it doesn’t then move to the next solution.
5. Update Your PhoneIf you have tried everything else and nothing seems to work then you might want to try updating the phone software. It may be possible that the outdated version of the software may have been causing the issue. So you might want to update the phone software. To do this follow these steps:Go to the settings
- Scroll down and find about phone/phone and click on itSee if there is an update available
- If yes, then update the phone softwareIt may take a while so you have to wait. After the phone software is updated and the latest version is installed, you might want to see if YouTube is smoothly working on not. This should solve the problem.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best ways to fix the YouTube not working error on Android. As we have said earlier many people have faced this kind of issue, and they have tried these aforementioned solutions and successfully fixed the issue as well.Hopefully, you would be able to fix the issue by using these methods as well. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and try these solutions out. We hope you liked the article and found it helpful. Stay tuned for many more such helpful articles in the future as well.