Skyrim or Elder Scrolls V is one of the most popular open-world action role-playing games that you can find so far. Ever since the game was released everyone became addicted to this game and played it for several hours till they were finished with this game. The reasons behind the popularity of this game are many, its availability on multiple platforms, the gameplay, background, and sound of the game are on point and keep you hooked as well. The game has been developed by Bethesda Game Studios which is known for developing some high-end games and players usually enjoy their games too.
Although if you have finished up Skyrim, it is obvious to feel a little lost since you have played it day and night for longer hours. This is why some people after finishing this game search for its alternative so that they can find a similar game that gives them the same level of excitement and thrill. Or some people just find a similar game like Skyrim’s because they are not fully satisfied with the game and find a similar but better alternative for themselves. No matter what is your reason behind finding a game like Skyrim, the point is you need one and struggling to decide which is the best game like Skyrim.
Since there are many choices so it is pretty obvious to get a little confused over which one you should try or how to find the best games like Skyrim. Well, we have got you covered and ready to save you from the trouble of finding the best games like Skyrim. In this article, we have selected the 11 best games like Skyrim and we are going to review them as well. So move forward and see which one is the best game like Skyrim and choose that one for yourself.
Also check – Games like the forest / Games like last of us
Best Games Like Skyrim
1. The Witcher 3: Wild HuntWe couldn’t have chosen any better game to start Start our list of best games like Skyrim than The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This one is already a pretty popular game that has got a huge reputation to live up to but players who liked Skyrim has also shown interest in this game and chose it as well because it is one of the best game like Skyrim to play. The game has got everything an open world environment and role-playing action game lover can hope for.The game follows the lead character, Geralt of Rivia who is on a hunt to find Ciri who is an heir of the Cintra Throne. This isn’t going to be easy neither will be boring, you will have to face many challenges before you even meet Ciri, and then protecting and getting her back to the kingdom will be a challenge too. The open world gameplay is quite interesting and there are so many places to visit in the game. There will be so many quests to solve which are connected to the story of the game.Overall, the game is deep and has a good story that moves forward with the main lead. You can even explore so many areas and spend hours visiting places without actually touching the main storyline, sounds familiar, no? The game has won the Game of the Year title in 2015 and we are not surprised, so go ahead and give it a try and we can say that you might get addicted to it as well.
2. Elder Scrolls 4: OblivionWhat can be a better choice for a game like Skyrim than its predecessor, right? Well, if you have really liked Skyrim and this was the first game that you have played in the franchise then you should definitely give its prequel a try, and we can assure you that you are not going to regret it. The game has been very much appreciated by players across the world and they become a fan of its storyline, open-world environment, and the overall action and thrill that provides its players. The game was groundbreaking in its time and it hasn’t lost its charm even today either.The story starts with you as a prisoner who gets visited by Emperor Uriel Septim and the next moment you find yourself thrown into an adventure which is epic and nearly breathtaking too, your mission will be to find the Septim’s heir and get him back to the throne. Although this isn’t going to be easy with all the deadly creatures.Overall, there are so many things why you would like this game, there is a spectacular main storyline, plenty of epic quests that will take forward the story and bring an epic adventure for the player, and endless locations to explore while you are in the game. There is hardly anything that you won’t like about this game and this is why you should play it if you haven’t explored it yet, so undoubtedly this is one of the best games like Skyrim!
3. Legends of Zelda: Breath of the WildLegends of Zelda is undoubtedly one of the most popular and played a role-playing games with an open world environment. This game has already won the hearts of players across the world and they all have loved this game as well. Players have loved how they get the freedom to explore the game’s open world and take the story forward at their own pace without having to rush into anything. The game features the main character, Link who has just awakened from 100 years of sleep to a Hyrule he doesn’t remember or know anything about.There will be plenty of tasks to perform, especially getting his memories back and knowing what to do and how to do it. The next task will be how he saves Hyrule and with what resources. The game will provide you with a vast array of activities or we can also say quests. As the game moves forward, you will have to learn many skills and master your fighting style if you were to fight and win this war. There are plenty of weapons to equip and there are plenty of potions to cook as well, with some very interesting games.Overall, just like Skyrim, this game has a lot to offer and you will find yourself playing this game for hours. So go ahead and give this one a try, you will certainly love it.
4. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark ArisenDragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is also a leading game like Skyrim that you should know about. This game features an open world with a lot of action and adventure which makes it familiar with Skyrim. The game has got so many amazing things that you would just admire and wants to explore for hours at once. After all, this game has Dragon in it, how can it not be cool, right?You will play the role of Arisen, who has got his heart stolen by a dragon and he has been resurrected to beat the same beast. The game has been set in Gransys Island and there are plenty of dungeons to explore and go through. There are plenty of dangers and just as many monsters to fight against. The monsters come in all shapes and sizes, so beating them will be quite a challenge.One of the things that players love about this game was the crafting of the characters, you can choose a character and some skills which you will have to master over time. The character customization is not what you will find in Skyrim but it would certainly love this in this game.
5. Fallout 4Fallout 4 is another one of the best games like Skyrim that you would like to play sometime soon. Although it is different in some ways but in the end, you will get the same thrill and excitement that Skyrim gives you, this can be because it has been developed by the same studio. This game is set in the post-apocalyptic open world and also features the role-playing game genre.In this game, you will be fighting with guns and nuclear weapons instead of swords and magic. The game features a darker tone than Skyrim but it is what makes this one a bit different yet as exciting as Skyrim. In this radiant world, you will find flying bugs, super mutants, and horrifying ghouls. The game feels like the hellish and futuristic version of Skyrim and there are so many places to explore and quests to complement throughout the game.The players will be playing the role of mother or father who has just woken up after the nuclear attack and they found that their son has been attacked, so you will have to figure out how to save your son and survive in the apocalyptic world.
6. Dragon Age: InquisitionDragon Age: Inquisition is yet another best game like Skyrim that you need to know about. The game has something that we all love, dragons! After all, who doesn’t like to fight or ride the dragons right? Well, this game will certainly help you to live this fantasy as you will get the best experience to fight against dragons.The game is set in the world of Thedas, and a giant beach in the sky has opened a passage from where the demons can fade or leak out. This game has a rocking storyline with plenty of amazing quests and you will be quite powerful to fight against dragons. Overall, this game is filled with adventure and thrill along with mesmerizing scenarios, so go ahead and give it a try as well.
7. Horizon Zero DawnHorizon Zero Dawn is yet another top Skyrim-like game that you need to know about. This RPG and open-world game has already won the hearts of players across the globe with its brilliant gameplay and epic adventures. The game might not feature the gigantic dragons but it does have some robotic dinosaurs that will be just as much dangerous or even more.Players love the open world which will be filled with snowy mountains and grassy hillsides which feels pretty refreshing. Here, you will play the role of Aloy, who is a hunter in a post-apocalyptic world. The world is populated with robotic creatures which are mysterious as well. You will have to craft and use the weapons against the mysterious robots and try to kill them. There is so much to explore and discover, so you won’t be bored here.
8. Divinity: Original Sin 2Divinity: Original Sin 2 has also made a place in our list of best games like Skyrim. The game features a detailed set of Rivellion, the story features the aftermath of Divine’s Death, where the void has torn open and there is so much going on as well.You will play the character who has the potential to become the next Divin, although the journey is not going to be easy and will be as challenging as you can expect it to be. It may not feature features open-world environment, but players have really liked the numerous of choices they get while playing the game. Overall, this game is pretty close to Skyrim so it deserves your attention as it features an amazing story, numerous skills to master, and crafting elements that makes it a great RPG.
9. KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONINGThe game was first game nearly a decade ago, yet it is one of the best RPGs to play even today. The game features some similarities with Skyrim when it comes to customizing the character, its skills, and crafting abilities, the ability to build your character from ground zero is worth spending hours on this game.In this game, you will be able to change the characters and swap your skills at any point which makes it quite interesting. The game was created by the same developer of Oblivion, the predecessor of Skyrim, so you can find some similarities as well. Overall, this one won’t disappoint you with its RPG techniques.
10. Kingdom Come: DeliveranceIt is one of the latest RPGs which released after Skyrim, The Witcher 3, and many other popular RPGs of this Era, so it has learned a great deal from all these iconic games and now features the best gameplay and game settings.The game is set in 15th-century Bohemia where you will play the role of a man named Henry. Your character is seeking avenge for the unlawful slaughter of the family. You won’t be short of the choices in this game as there are so many skills to master, personality to choose from, and so much more. Overall, you would certainly have fun playing this game.
11. Guild Wars 2Guild Wars 2 is another one of the best games like Skyrim to play. Although it might feel a little different than Skyrim at first but you will enjoy this RPG with rich and detailed fantasy open-world gaming. The character has a great backstop and it also features multiple endings as some dialogs or actions can change the outcome of the game as well. You will also like how the main character looks and the background scenario.Overall, you would certainly like this game so you should play this game like Skyrim any time soon. It is also free to play and you won’t need to pay any subscription fee either.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games like Skyrim that you can find so far. All of these games that we have listed above in our list have featured positive feedback from the players and these games are popular across the world as well. Games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Dragon’s Dogma are some of the games that have already established a good reputation among the gamers across the world, and you must have heard about them as well, but they have some similarities with Skyrim so go ahead and try these out.Lastly, choose the games that you think would be the right choice for you, or you can just try all of these, it’s up to you and we can assure you, you won’t be disappointed by these games. That would be all for now and we hope you liked our article and got everything that you have been looking for, thank you.