There are plenty of games out there that we like to play and kill time with, but there are only some that make the best games to play and when these games end we end up having a void that can’t be filled easily. One such game that has made a special place in everyone’s heart is Animal Crossing. It hasn’t been very long since the game first launched yet people have played this game like crazy and end up playing for hours until they are done with the game. Animal Crossing is a social simulation game that has been developed and published by Nintendo.
This game follows the story of a human character that will be played by the player. He lives in a village with various anthropological animals that are capable of various activities like fishing, bug catching, and fossil hunting. Players have loved this game for its open-ended gameplay and they can also use the video game console’s internal clocks and calendars to simulate the real passage of time. There are plenty of things that people have appreciated in this game, from the engaging gameplay to the visuals and graphics everything’s on point.
So in a way, this game was quite perfect and it gave the players a chance to explore the story of the game and show off their game tactics in the best way possible. This might be a reason why most people look after a similar game like Animal Crossing after they are done with this game. And some even look for the after of this game because they are not quite sure about this game or they don’t have it.
No matter why you are looking for a game like Animal Crossing, we are pretty sure that you are at the right place. To find a good game like Animal Crossing, you will have to check plenty of games before you can land on the one you find an ideal game like Animal Crossing and this will take too much of your time and energy. Don’t worry you can have your shortcut with us as we have listed down the top games like Animal Crossing that you can play.
Let’s move forward and look at these 11 best games like Animal Crossing that you would love playing.
Also check – Best games like fortnite / Best games like the forest
Best Games Like Animal Crossing
1. Stardew ValleyOne of the first games like Animal Crossing that we have found is Stardew Valley. Stardew Valley is one of the best games anyway and it has been a popular choice as well. This is a procedural game where you are being handed the farm that has been handled by your family for generations and now it’s your turn to take full charge of your ancestral farm. This is not going to be an easy task, there are many things that you have to do, from sowing seeds, taking care of the crops, selling your crops, and overall expanding your business.You will meet so many characters and they all have individual personalities and backstories which would make the game more engaging. Not just farming, you will also be doing fishing, mining, gathering resources, crafting, and so much more. You will also get a chance to form romantic relationships and friendship bonds with people. The game had so much offer and you can spend hours on this game as well. You can take the story forward at your own pace and enjoy it as you like.This game is truly an amazing alternative for Animal Crossing as you can make relationships with other characters and there are too many tasks to perform, overall if you haven’t already played it yet, you should certainly give it a try.
2. My Time At PortiaMy Time At Portia is another one of the leading games like Animal Crossing that you would find. It is also a popular game that has been appreciated by gamers across the world. The only thing that might be different from Animal Crossing would be its post-apocalyptic setting where the players will explore the town of Portia. This town looks pleasant and pretty amazing but the peace will only last for a while. Players will have to unearth a lot of secrets as they progress through the story and take it forward.The player will take the role of a builder that can craft anything. You will get to craft a lot of amazing objects and other stuff to use or fulfill commissions. As a builder, you will have to grab the opportunities and set out into the big open world. There is so much to discover and so much to do. You can engage in activities like uncovering the mysteries of the town. There are plenty of things to discover at your own pace.Players have enjoyed their time with this game as they like this slow-paced game and its relative life sim as well. So if you are a fan of Animal Crossing, then you would certainly like this game, so try it out.
3. MinecraftThere would be hardly anyone who doesn’t know about Minecraft! This is one of the most popular RPGs and an open-world game that you can find and it is a perfect alternative for Animal Crossing too. Some people find this one the better choice than Animal Crossing. Although there are high chances that you have played this game before and you do know it is all about. But in case you don’t have any clue about this game and have never played it, then we would strongly recommend you to try this game sometime soon.Minecraft is a classic game that is defined with its endless universe where you can be anything and can also create anything you want. There are two modes to choose from, one is a survival mode that will keep you on edge and test your survival skills and the other one is the creative mode where you get to be all creative. This game allows you to build a new world for yourself, where you can plant crops, farm animals, and make a peaceful place to live. There is no need to have zombies or chaos if you don’t want it.Activities like farming or creating a whole town or a big city are something players enjoy a lot. There are plenty of things to do and you can also play this game in online multiplayer mode as well. So if you have liked playing Animal Crossing then you would certainly enjoy Minecraft as well.
4. Alchemy StoryAlchemy Story is another one of the leading games that you would enjoy playing in your free time. This game makes the best alternative Animal Crossing game that you can play on PC. This game follows an alchemist who has a task to complete. This task involves undoing a curse that is struck upon a village that has transformed all the village people into animals. There is a professor available who would help you to uplift the curse.If you are an Animal Crossing fan then you would certainly find its gameplay and friendly atmosphere appealing. The cute visuals are also pretty appealing. One of the most amusing activities in this game is to make and use potions and they can be sold as well. There will be plenty of daily tasks and quests to play as well.Other than this the game also allows you to take care of animals and farm crops. You can also take care of your garden and also go on fishing. Overall, there are plenty of amazing things to perform and you can also build relationships as well.
5. Yonder: The Cloud Catcher ChroniclesYonder is another one of the best games like Animal Crossing that you can play. This game is available on lots of platforms such as PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Switch, so it would be an obvious choice for anyone who likes to play these games. The game features some boasting visuals and a serene open world that would keep you engaged for a long time. This game is perfect for anyone looking for a light game to kill some time or to engage with it for a long time.The game is set on an enchanting island called Yonder Gomea and the player will take the role of a nameless protagonist who is on a search for strange beings known as Spirits. These spirits will give you the power to eliminate the evil on the island that has turned everything dark and gloomy. There are a total of 8 biomass to explore so no matter which one you like the most, you would be able to wander around. Apart from this, you will also be able to tame wild animals, complete quests, fish, mine, craft, and so much more. So overall, this would be a fun game to play if you like Animal Crossing.
6. SpiritfarerSpiritfarer is another one of the best games like Animal Crossing that you can find. This one is available on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Stadia.This game is a little intense and you would certainly like its theme as well. Here you will be playing the role of ferry master to the dead and this game will take you on a strangely heartwarming and relaxing adventure. You will be playing the role of Stella who is the newest spiritfarer, and you must take the spirits to the afterlife after granting their last wishes.There are plenty of things to do here and you will get a boat as a primary mode of transport which you would get to customize as well. There is so much to explore and you would certainly like to roam around even when you are not doing any task. Overall, it is an emotional and amusing game that features a lot of amazing elements which would keep you hooked.
7. OobletsOoblets is another one of the best games like Animal Crossing that you can find. This one features amusing gameplay that would keep you hooked. This game feels like a mixture of Animal Crossing and Pokémon where you can catch the different kinds of animals as well as create a world for yourself that you would like to live in.There are plenty of tasks to perform and activities to participate in, you can mine, farm, and perform daily quests. There are plenty of characters to choose from and customize as well. Overall, it is a perfect light game that will keep you hooked for a while.
8. Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive TownStory of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town has so made a place on our list as one of the top games like Animal Crossing and you would most certainly like to play it as well. There are plenty of things that we liked about this game such as its cartoony art style, addictive gameplay loop, and wholesome vibes that will give it the same vibe as Animal Crossing.There are a lot of farm activities to perform and you would most certainly like to give it a try. This game gives a lot of focus on crafting (pretty much like Stardew Valley). So you can do a lot of things like farming, crafting, mining, fishing, develop relationships with the other fellow residents of the town, and find a romantic partner as well. Overall, there is hardly anything to complain about and it would fulfill the void of Animal Crossing as well.
9. The Sims 4The Sims 4 is another exciting game that you would like to play sometime if you haven’t already. People who like games like Animal Crossing would certainly like it as well because of its similar gameplay which includes a lot of focus on creativity and freedom. Another one of the best parts about this game would be its customization tools which give you a lot of freedom to explore the game and create anything you like, be it houses or characters in the game.There is a build mode that makes sure that players never miss the opportunity to explore their creativity. You will have to look after the obvious needs that include hunger, hygiene, and social interactions, and so on. Whether you decide to make everything miserable or beautiful, it would be in your hands. Overall, it is a fun game like Animal Crossing to play.
10. Garden PawsGarden Paws is another one of the leading games that are pretty much like Animal Crossing and you would have a great time playing it as well. The game is available on PC, Mac, and Switch so you can easily play it as well. Players have loved its charming visuals and addictive slice of life gameplay. Overall, there is hardly anything that you won’t like about this game. There are a lot of characters to interact with and a lot of animals to domesticate as well. You will find a list of activities that will keep you busy so you won’t get bored. Overall it is addictive, relaxing, and its slow-paced experience is pretty amazing.
11. Happy StreetsHappy Streets is another one of the leading games like Animal Crossing that you should know about. This game is only available on Android and iOS, so you can easily play it on your smartphone or tablet when you have to kill some time. This game allows you to make lots of Animal friends and interact with them as well. There are plenty of activities to perform and lots of fun to have while playing it. So go ahead and see it is something you would like to play if you are missing Animal Crossing.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games like Animal Crossing that you can find. Games like Animal Crossing are quite engaging and addictive which you would love playing. Games like Stardew Valley and Minecraft are already famous and you must have heard about them as well, but we have other lesser-known games like Animal Crossing that you would like playing.Overall, here we are done with our job where we have listed all the best games like Animal Crossing and now it’s up to you, which game you choose to play, our recommendation? Play it all as they all are fun and popular games. That would be all for now and we hope you found everything you have been looking for.