We use our phones throughout the day. Some of the major tasks of a phone would be to make a phone call, send or receive a text, use the internet for various reasons, and so on. All these functions of a phone are simply done via the Network of our phone or the sim card. That is why we can’t make calls or receive texts when the network bar is low or if there is any disturbance in the network for some reason.
Although, sometimes the problem is much bigger than a low network bar, and this includes the Not Registered On The Network Error that pops on our screen while we are trying to make a call or something. There are plenty of reasons why this would happen but the result of this would be that you will be unable to make calls or use the internet via your cellular data. So this can be pretty annoying to go through, which is why you would want to solve this issue pretty quickly.
If you are experiencing such a problem then you are not alone, because many people have complained about this issue and they all want some simple and effective solutions as well. In that case, you have arrived at the best place because we have all the solutions that you are seeking from us.
But before we move to the solutions, let us talk about the Not Registered On The Network Error and what it means and what causes it, so that we can have a better understanding of the issue.
What Does Not Registered on the Network Mean?
If you are getting the Not Registered On Network, then it simply means that your sim card is unable to connect to the carrier’s network. Due to this, you won’t be able to make or receive any phone calls or messages.
The problem may occur because of an issue with your sim card or there might be an issue from the carrier’s end as well. Generally, the issue gets triggered when you try to make a call or while dialing a USSD code.
What causes the Not Registered On Network Error?
There are plenty of reasons that can cause the Not Registered On Network Error and some of them are:
- If you have recently updated your phone then this may be a reason because sometimes a new update doesn’t support the device which can cause such an error.
- IMEI numbers can also be a reason why such errors appear on your phone.
- If you have recently switched your sim card then this can also be a reason as your phone has failed to connect with the provider and update the necessary information.
- If your sim card is damaged
- If the firmware of your phone is outdated
- If the carrier is experiencing an outrage
- If you haven’t selected the carrier in your phone’s settings yet.
So these are some of the common reasons why such an error appears on your phone.
Now that we know what the common reason is, we shall move forward and look at some of the most effective solutions for this issue on your phone.
Fix Not Registered On The Network Error
1. Force Restart DeviceOne of the first things that we can do when we face any kind of abnormalities on our smartphone is to turn it off and on. This may sound absurd at first but most of the time this works. When the problem is network related then you can surely try out this method and see if it is going to work. There might be some bugs that lead to such unexpected issues which can be resolved by simply turning your device off and on again.If it doesn’t work, you can move to the next solution.
2. Update Your Phone To Latest OSSometimes the phone doesn’t work with its 100% potential if the software is outdated. So the next thing that you can do to make sure your phone works is to see whether your phone needs to be updated or not. Outdated software can cause many issues and the Not Registered On Network Error is one of them as well.This is how you can see if your phone needs to be updated:
- Go to the settings app on your phone
- Now go to the Phone section
- Next, look for the software update option and select it.
See if there is any update available, if yes then click on Update and let it download the updateWait till the new software is updated and installed. You may find the error is resolved. If it isn’t, then you can move to the next solution.
3. Choose Network ManuallyThe next thing that you can do is to choose a network manually. Most of the time our network is selected automatically to the best carrier and network and it works for the best, but there may be some issue with the automatic network selection that can cause the Network not registered error on your phone. This is where you should try to choose the network manually.Here is how you can choose the network manually:
- Go to the settings
- Find the Connections section and select it
- Then go to the Mobile Network Operators
- Now, select the Search Network option. This will show the available network list
- Now, you will choose the appropriate networkThis method would certainly resolve the issue of Not Registered On The Network Error. If it doesn’t, move to the next solution.
4. Switch Off All Wireless ConnectionSwitching off various wireless connections can also do something when it comes to network-related issues. So you should certainly try to turn off the wireless connection to resolve this issue.Here are the steps that need to be followed:
- Drag the Quick Selection Box from the phone
- Now, turn on the airplane mode or flight mode
- Wait for a few minutes after you have activated the flight mode
- Now, turn the flight mode off againThis works just like turning the phone on and off, but this time it will only turn off the network and other wireless connections. So it might get rid of the Not Registered On The Network Error.
5. Reinsert Battery And SIM CardMost of the time the Not Registered On Network Error is caused because of the SIM card, so it might help you to remove the SIM card and reinsert it into your phone. This can be pretty helpful too. Make sure you turn your phone off before removing the SIM card.When it comes to the battery, most of the latest phones have non-removable batteries, so if you have those phones you don’t have to worry about reinserting the battery. However, if you have an old headset then you might want to take out the battery along with the sim card and insert it again.This way can also help you to resolve the issue without going to much trouble. Just turn your phone on again and see if the issue is gone or not.
6. Update APN Settings to Fix Not Registered On Network ErrorIf the above solutions are not working for you then it is time that you try some of the higher levels of solutions to make sure that the Not Registered On Network error is resolved. So try to update the APN Settings for different network providers and see if the issue is resolved again or not.Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the Settings of your phone
- Find and select the SIM cards & Mobile Networks
- Now click on the SIM card provider settings
- After that, you need to go to Mobile Network and then Access Point Names
- Then you should click on the Current APN to update
- Or you can also click on the New App or “+” to insert APN data manuallyThis may also help you resolve the issue of the Not Registered On Network error. Wait for a while and see if it works.
7. Change Network ModeYou should try to Change Network Mode as well. This may seem like a small change but changing your phone networks modes, such as 3G only, 4G only, or any other options that you have on your phone can also do the job.So it is advised that you do change the mode to see if it can solve the problem for you. To do this, you need to follow these steps:For to Setting and then select the Connections
- Now go to the Mobile Networks
- Now select the Network Mode
- Now select between the Network preferences.Wait for a while and see if it solves the issue for you.
8. Reset Network SettingsThe next thing that you would want to try out would be to change the Reset Network Settings. You should try to reset the network setting and see if the error is resolved or not.Here is how you can do this:
- Go to the apps tray from your home screen
- Now select the General Management
- Now select the Reset section and then choose the Reset Network Settings
- Now Reset the settings, if you have the PIN then enter it.
- Now tap on the Reset settings and see if it worked for you.
9. Use Different SIM CardIt may seem like an extreme step, but the popular reason why the Not Registered On Network Error occurs is that the SIM card may have been damaged.To see if that is true or not, you may want to use a different SIM card and see if the same problem occurs. If not, then the problem was with the SIM card and you may have to change the SIM card. If the problem continues even with the changed SIM card then the issue is caused by any other reason that you need to address.
10. Contact the Service ProviderThe last thing you can do to resolve the Not Registered On Network Error is to contact the service provider. The company would try to resolve things on their end and make sure to find the problem and fix it as soon as possible. It may take some time but it would certainly resolve the issue and you would be able to make and receive calls and messages.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best ways to fix the Not Registered On The Network Error on your phone. As we have discussed earlier, there are plenty of reasons why such an error is caused but we have made sure to include all kinds of solutions that can help you resolve this issue on your own without having to worry about it much.Many people have tried these solutions and they have worked for them as well. We hope this happens to you as well. That would be all for now and hopefully, the network issue that you have been facing would be resolved.