There are plenty of video games out there and you will find lots of amazing games for every genre as well. There are some solo video games and then there are the ones with a full-fledged franchise that includes lots of games. Well, it’s not very hard to guess but the latter one is the better as we can get connected to a game for a very long time and live his journey in different ways with different games. One of such franchises that have made a special place in the hearts of pro gamers across the world is Fallout.
Whether you have played a Fallout game or not, you must have heard about it as it is pretty popular. This game series is set in a post-apocalyptic world where you will be role-playing and having lots of action and adventure in the game. The series explores the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd centuries where you get to face different issues and certain situations in the game that will test your game-playing skills and survival skills. The series dates back to 1997 when the first game was launched. That was the time when video games were not that popular and only a small number of people used to play video games. Yet, Fallout became a successful game and with its success, a new franchise was introduced. Till now, plenty of games in the series have been released and they all are fascinating.
If you want to play the Fallout games in order then you must know the correct chronological order before you start the game. That is why we have listed here all the Fallout games I ordered for you and reviewed them as well. So go ahead and take a look at the following list of Fallout games in order.
Also check – Legends of zelda games in order / Castlevania games in order
Best Fallout Games In Order
1. Fallout (1997)So this is the game where it all started, the game was launched in 1997 and with this, an amazing role-playing game has been introduced to the gamers community, which they appreciated after a while. The game was designed and created as the successor of another classic role-playing game Wasteland which came out in 1988. The game has been set in the mid 22nd century, that is the year 2161.You will find the protagonist coming out of a shelter where he is finding a piece that could fix the vault’s faulty water supply system. The protagonist has the freedom to go anywhere and engage in the quests that will come in the game. The turn-based combat is quite interesting and it also included the diplomacy elements. The choices made by the players in the game will decide their ending in the game. There is a lot that you will explore in this game and you will be introduced to the Fallout universe. The violence may or may not do good for the characters because there has been a SPECIAL force made up to look after the journey of characters and you can be a part of it too.Just enjoy the game and get to know how it all started and experience the best action role-playing aspect of the game.
2. Fallout 2After the success of Fallout, the developers didn’t wait too long to come with its sequel, Fallout 2 which was released a year later in 1998. This game has also received the same amount of love and appreciation as the first installment in the series. This game continues with the post-nuclear theme where you play the role of a descendant of an ancient hero who was later exiled.This game takes place 80 years later after the first Fallout, and it will take you to the 23rd century. The game revolves around the descendants of Vault dwellers. You will take the role of Chosen One. Your mission as the Chosen One would be to leave your village or tribe of Arroyo in the search of the Garden of Eden Creation Kit (GECK) as only this can save your village from famine and drought.His fight will not just be against the natural calamities but also with the US government and more to save his village. The protagonist will have 18 different skills that will help him throughout his journey. Overall, you are going to have fun in this game.
3. Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of SteelThe next game in the Fallout franchise is Fallout Tactics:Brotherhood of Steel. This game was launched in 2001 and it certainly got appreciation from the players and critics. The game features a futuristic theme, a Sci-fi theme, and post-apocalyptic earth. This game is more of a spin-off in the series so the story may not be relevant to the other two games or in continuation. The game is set in the Midwestern United States of America so there will be a change of place and overall background.As you move forward in the game, you will be tasked to play several missions in the game and there will be plenty of action and adventure with each mission. You have to complete the given mission to save a spawning civilization from a wide range of mutated species. This game will put focus on strategic and tactical combat with less emphasis on role-playing. Players will be able to enhance and customize their character’s skills and perks. Even though the main character has to be human, you can recruit all kinds of characters from animals to robots.You won’t be required to play the turn-based modes of fighting and the combat system as different stances, modifiers, and modes. Overall, this is a fresh game in the series and it is more like a spin-off, so you can even play this game as the first game without having to engage in role-playing.
4. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (2004)The next Fallout game in order is Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (2004) which was released after the Fallout Tactics in 2004. This is also the first game in the series that has been made to play on two video game consoles, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The game will take you on a journey of Brotherhood of Steel as you would seek to find some Brotherhood Paladins lost in Carbon.Your mission in this game is to find your lost colleagues and the first place to search for them is a town full of armed thugs. You will also have to battle the mutated and radioactive scorpions, the raiders and Bandits, ghouls, super mutants, and so on. This game also uses the SPECIAL attribute assignment system that will determine the character’s attribution of strength, endurance, perception, intelligence, luck, agility, and charisma. Each one of the attributes has been given a numeric value and determines the attributions and the values are constant and non-customizable, unlike other Fallout games.There are six characters to choose from and you will also get plenty of sites to play as well. Overall, this one is also a fun game to play and you will certainly enjoy the unmatchable thrill and action in this game.
5. Fallout 3Now, we have the third game in the main series and the 5th game in the Fallout chronological order and this game was released in 2008. This is the first game released after the rights of the game had been bought by Bethesda Game Studio. This game was released for many platforms such as Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. The game takes place in the year 2277 which is almost 200 years since the Great War.The protagonist in this game is on a mission to find his father who has been missing from the vault on his 19th birthday. His father, James is a scientist and doctor and an interesting character in the series as well. We also liked the character of Lone Wanderer who will be abducted by the government.This game is a full roller coaster and you would most certainly love playing it too. This game has become an action RPG from turn-based combat. You will also find better graphics, real-time combat, and a bigger map. So it’s going to be a massive change in the franchise and you will certainly find it relevant to the preset gameplay and shooting tactics.
6. Fallout New VegasThe next game in the Fallout franchise is Fallout New Vegas and this one was released in 2010, two years after its predecessor. This game is set in a post-apocalyptic Vegas and will take you to the year 2077, relatively sooner than the timeline of other games. The world in this game is suffering from the nuclear war that happened between China and the US. New Vegas, a city surrounded by Las Vegas, seems to be the only place that remains untouched by the effects of nuclear war.Although the nuclear war effect is not the only thing the player would be worried about in this game, there is a war brewing between the New California Region and the tribes. There is a lot at stake and the protagonist has to look after himself and his friends. The player can set the traits for the players such as the character’s sex, appearance, and stats. The game will progress in a non-linear manner. Overall, this will be a little different than other games yet it will certainly keep you occupied and on edge while you play it.
7. Fallout 4Fallout 4 is the Fallout game in the order and this one was released in 2015 so you may be familiar with this game as well. This is the fourth main game in the Fallout universe and it takes place in the year 2288, which is 210 years later after the Great War and q0 years after the Fallout 3.In this game, the player will be controlling the sole survivor. The protagonist has been in a long-term cryogenic stasis in an underground nuclear shelter – Vault 111. The sole survivor has witnessed the abduction of their son and the murder of their spouse. Now the player will be on their journey to find the son of the Sole Survivor and is ready to go through any circumstances and fight anything that will come in their way.There will be lots of quests to complete which will give your character the power and ability to fight the opponent. You will fight many things including the super mutants and ghouls. The gameplay, tactics, weapons, and a lot more have been improved in this game so it would be a great experience to play this game.
8. Fallout 76The latest Fallout game in the order is Fallout 76 and which was released in 2018. The game is quite amusing and you may have already heard about it by now. This post-apocalyptic survival game is the first online multiplayer so it has created quite a buzz as well.You will be thrown into an open world named Appalachia that will provide a thrilling experience for up to three players. There are a lot of new things in this game such as a combination of collectible holotapes, robots, and environmental storytelling to guide players. The mission will be to find a cure against harmful diseases plaguing the land.
ConclusionSo these are Fallout games so that you would want to play sometime. Well, some of the games in the franchise are better than the others yet if you are a fan of the series you won’t want to miss any game in the series. It would be so fun to play the game in the order as you would see the character development of the protagonist and you will also live a single yet adventurous journey in the game as well.Overall, we have done our job by introducing you to the Fallout Games in the order and we hope you found our article helpful. So go ahead and explore your favorite franchise from the start and have a great time with it as well.