If we have to guess a popular branch of academics right now then it would be computer science. Nearly every other person from a science background pursues computer science and the simple reason is the growing technology. With each passing day more and more jobs, as created in this field and people, are more getting more interested in the field.
Here computer science may need a lot of things for their studies but the most important one would be the Laptop! After all, that’s what they’re studying. And they just can’t settle with any laptop they find. They would have to look for the best one and make sure it meets their requirements as well. And this is no less than a challenge. Because it’s not just about finding the best laptop out there but figuring out which one would be best for computer science and which one will be best for you in terms of budget and the requirements.
Well, we are here to help you out and save you from the trouble of going through each and every laptop and then finding out the best one for yourself. Here we have listed down some of the top laptops for computer science that would be useful for you and at the end of the article we have also shared the buying guide which would help you to figure out which one would be the best choice for you.
So take a look at the list and find out the best laptop for computer science.
Also check – Laptops for engineering students / HP pavilion gaming laptops
Best Laptops for computer science students
1. HP Spectre x360
If you are looking for the latest laptop for computer science then HP Spectre x360 should be your first choice. Being the latest one, the laptop has a number of features that you would find pretty helpful and well new. It’s not only powerful but also a good looking laptop that you would be happy to work and flaunt.The 10th generation processor is one of the leading reasons why we have mentioned it on our list and why you need to buy it in the first place as well. This one features some of the best features. It’s comfortable and can handle the typing for hours without making any annoying noise. Secondly, the laptop has an 8-hour long-lasting battery life. 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD would make sure there is no space or lagging issues.The 13.3/15inch screen is pretty good too with a Full HD display. And the 2-in-1 design is also something that comes in handy. It might be a bit expensive, but this one would meet your requirements and make sure there is everything that you can need for your classes and assignments.
2. Newest Acer Aspire 5
The latest laptops are always the best as they come with the new technology and they might also feature some of the best performances as well and that’s why Acer Aspire 5 is on our list! This one is definitely one of the best laptops for computer science as it comes with the latest technology and meets all your requirements for computer science studies as well.The laptop comes in a very advanced design as its thin and lightweight. The screen is 15 inches and FHD with a 1080p resolution. The latest tech includes DR4 RAM, PCLe NVMe SSD, FHD, and a 3000 Ryzen AMD chip. Apart from that, you would get 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage as well. The best part is the laptop comes at a very affordable price.
3. Dell XPS 15
Our next pick for the best laptop for computer science is Dell XPS 15! The laptop has got everything that can ask for. For starters, the laptop features the 10 Gen Intel Core i5-i7 CPU, Intel UHD graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, and it also comes with 8GB and 16 GB of RAM.With a 15.6-inch infinity-edge non-touch, anti-glare display you would be more than happy to work on this for hours. The storage space starts from 256 GB and can be extended to 2 TB which is pretty large.The laptop is stylish as well as powerful. It has a thin body and it’s lightweight makes sure you have no troubling carrying it around. It also got a longer battery life that can last for about 12 hours. Being the latest one in the market it features a number of new stuff which you would be happy to get on your laptop. Overall if you are looking for the latest laptop in the market which is powerful and good enough for computer science then this is the one that you should get.
4. Acer Predator Helios 300
You must have heard this laptop as one of the best laptops for gaming but not many people know that it is designed to do much more than just gaming. With its excellent performance and all the amazing and latest features, it makes a perfect match for computer science students!It features 8th Gen Core i7 processor, Nvidia Geforce 1060 graphic card, 256 GB storage space, and a Full HD screen. This one comes at a reasonable price so you might want to buy it if you are under a budget.
5. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 is surely one of the best laptops out there for students who have to learn the computer science. The laptop is comfortable to work on for hours and there are many advances featured which makes it perfect for a tech expert.From the style to the weight everything with this laptop is on point. The 16 GB of RAM and up to 1TB storage make sure that you get all the storage that you need. The 13.4 high-resolution display also makes sure you get the best reading experience as well. Here the laptop features the longest battery life with almost 14 hours. The 2.8lbs of weight is also ideal for students who have to take their laptops with them. The laptop features the perfect size and shape which makes it one of the laptops for computer science.
6. Asus ZenbookThere is hardly anything about the Asus Zenbook that you won’t like. The laptop has it all, from the long-lasting battery to ample storage space with the latest processor so that you can efficiently work on the laptop without making it a big deal.It weighs around 2.6 pounds which makes it very lightweight and portable. The battery lasts for 14 hours which is quite impressive and almost every computer science student would want that. The stylish design and edge to edge screen are also impressive. It’s durable and reliable and you can surely trust this laptop for your student/work life. Lastly, the price is moderate so you won’t have to break the bank in order to buy it.
7. Apple MacBook AirFinally, we have something for the Mac fans, the MacBook Air is considered as one of the most powerful laptops from the brand and it surely lives up to the expectations of a computer science student or some who work in this field. It features 8GB of RAM and 128GB of SSD. You will find the 10 Gen processor.The laptop weighs only about 2.7 pounds which is pretty good for carrying it around with yourself. Lastly, it has 9 hours of battery life which is quite impressive for an apple product.
8. Asus Vivobook S15Asus VivoBook S15 would be our next choice for the best laptop for computer science. With the 10th generation processor and large storage and high-quality graphic card, the laptop comes in the list of overall best laptops out there.The laptops weigh only 1.8kg making it portable so that you can carry it around without troubling your back. The screen is quite large (15.6 inches full HD display). Here the keyboard is backlight and the keys are pretty good to type for hours too. Although you might find the battery life average, even with that the laptop surely tops the list of best laptops for computer science students.
9. Surface Pro 7If you are looking for a Microsoft laptop then you might wanna take a look at the Surface Pro 7! With variable RAM and storage space, you would get many options and you can easily pick the one that suits your needs as well as comes at your budget price. It is one of the best laptops out there with the best quality and you won’t find anything to complain about. Make sure that you check out the keyboard and the features that you would like to have on your laptop for computer science. Overall it might be a perfect choice for you!
10. Dell InspironDell Inspiron is another best all-round laptop that meets almost all the requirements for the best laptop for computer science. Here you would find the 8 GB of RAM and 1TB HDD which makes sure you have plenty of space for your documents and files. The screen is a touch screen with a 14-inch large display and FUll HD resolution. The Windows 10 Operating System is another amazing feature to find in this one. It ensures a comfortable learning session and delivers the best performance as well. Lastly, the laptop comes at a cheap price and high quality so it can be your best option here.
11. Lenovo Yoga C930 2-in-1Our last pick for the best laptop for computer science is Lenovo Yoga. It’s a 2in1 laptop which can be turned in a tablet for more convenience. The laptop is popular for its best performance and the latest technology which ensures you the best learning.It comes with 12GB of RAM, Intel Core-i7 8550U CPU, 256 storage space, and a 13.9-inch touch screen among other amazing features. Overall it can be your best option too.
So these are the best laptop for computer sciences that you might like to buy. We have listed these out on the basis of their features and the customer reviews for them which suggests that they should be more than enough for the computer studies. They all are the latest ones and you should definitely invest in them.
Buying GuideOf you are still confused then you might like our buying guide where we have listed out some of the features that you need to look in the laptop for computer science.
Processor and GPUAs someone who is studying computer science, you should know that processor and the GPU is some of the most important features of the computer. The efficiency and the performance of the laptop demands on these two pillars. So make sure that you bought a laptop with the latest processor and GPU so you would be able to perform better with your laptop and ace your work and studies.
RAM and Storage SpaceYou don’t want to the lag issues in your laptop when you are working on an important project so you ill have to invest in a laptop that features 8 GB RAM. This will help you to perform multitasking and open multiple web pages without giving you any major lag issues.The second thing is, since you are a student, you would need plenty of storage space in your laptop to keep the important files and documents and information about the upcoming semester and stuff. Not forget the games that you like to play occasionally to kill the street. So go for a laptop which features enough space for you.
Battery lifeAnother important factor is the battery life of a laptop because let’s face it, you don’t want your laptop to shut down after a couple of hours. So make sure the laptop you are buying has a long-lasting battery life that can help you on the hour laptop for long hours. And also check the charging time as well.
Weight and sizeYes, the size and the weight of the laptop are pretty important too. You will have to carry around your laptop to classes and a heavy laptop would be a problem. So go for a lightweight laptop and see if you can easily carry it around without troubling your back.The size of the laptop also matters, the screen size of 13 to 15 inches would be ideal and the rest you can see as per your preferences.
DisplaySince you are a computer science student the display of your laptop should be of high resolution, generally, 1080p would be fine. Apart from that, you might want your screen with anti-glare features so that you don’t stress your eyes and work for longer hours.
BudgetSince you are still a student, you might need to consider the budget before hunting the best laptop. It’s easy to find the best one if you have no limit on your budget but you might wanna put some thoughts and effort when it comes to buying the best laptop that fits in your budget. Here we have listed the laptop from all price ranges.
ConclusionSo these are the things that you need to consider while buying the best laptop for Computer Science! We really hope that you liked our article and find it helpful. So thank you for being with us and get your brand new laptop.