Just like everything else, technology has changed the way we used to make drum noises! Well, it’s true that nothing can replace the original drums and their feelings but we have finally something which is closest to the full-fledged drums that are the drum machines!
Drum Machines has actually taken the music industry and DJs or another music artist by storm, as they are now available at a reasonable price and gives you the benefits of producing drum sounds without practicing the real drums and becoming a professional drummer. You can easily find great drum machines which will allow you to produce some original beats in no time without the need for any additional gears!
We have mentioned that drum machines are easy to use and anyone can easily get the grip of them after a few days, the best thing is there are hundreds of model present out there which offers some great drum sounds and you can easily choose the one that fulfills your requirements! The features and price of drums vary from each other and you can easily find a good drum machine at a reasonable and affordable price.
Before buying yourself a drum machine you need to take a look at the factors that make a drum machine worthy of your money and energy. We have written down a few factors which you need to consider while buying a drum machine!
- Audio Outputs: audio outputs are the first thing you wanna look in a drum machine. You need to understand that with separate outputs for each sound that each sound can be sent to its own channel and treated with its own effects while in single stereo output, users will need to make multiple passes with individual sounds.
- Performance: performance is all you want in your drum machines. when you are performing live or even recording at the studio you want a performance interface that will complement your hard work and reflect your beat or music creation in an effortless yet effective manner. You can go for a decent-sized pads rather than just buttons. It’s important that the machine has the ability to chain multiple patterns together in one song!
Do you want a portable machine or fixed drum machine? It’s important that you choose the drum machine according to your preferences, for example, if you are a DJ or want your drum machine for live performance then you will need a portable machine, similarly, a fixed machine will do good for a studio.
These are the most important factor that you should take into consideration while choosing the perfect drum machine for yourself! There are a number of machines available in the market that serves different purposes, but we have listed out the best drum machines which have most required features and comes at a decent price!
- 1 Best Drum machines
- 1.1 1. Akai Professionals MPD218
- 1.2 2. Alesis SR16 Stereo Electronic Drum Machine
- 1.3 3. Roland Drum Machine (TR-8S)
- 1.4 4. Native instruments Machine Mk3 Groove Production Studio
- 1.5 5. Korg Volca Beats Analog Rhythm Machine
- 1.6 6. Teenage Engineering PO-12 Rhythm Drum Machine
- 1.7 7. Elektron Analog Rytm MKII
- 1.8 8. JoMox Alpha Base Drum Machine
- 1.9 9. Roland TR-09 Boutique Rhythm Performer
- 1.10 10. Dave Smith Instruments Tempest
- 1.11 Conclusion
Best Drum machines
With the vision of bringing the feel of the classic best making into the music world, Akai Professional has come up with the MPD218 Drum Machine. The machine has seamless USB connectivity and technologies to mesh the new beats in an intuitive and easy manner.It weighs less than 1 kg and is about 5 I’m which makes it portable and easy to carry around during live performances. You will also find core sample triggering and DAW control functionality! The machine has 6-360bdegrees potentiometers and 18 independent controls sources via three banks which makes it highly controllable.To sum up we can say the machine has some really cool features that will satisfy the needs of a music artist or DJs!
If you haven’t liked Aksai for some reason then Alesis SR16 is the next best thing you can get! It is popular for the realistic drum sounds and its ability to produce perfect sounds for both composing and live performance makes it more eligible than ever!You will find 233 realistic drum sounds and awesome digital reverb which makes it highly versatile as well as song composers first choice! You will get 12 velocity-sensitive pads, 8 loudness levels, soundtracking, step editing and so much more with this amazing drum machine!
Roland Drum Machine is the next choice for our list and it has really done a good job impressing us with its tons of features. The only reason we haven’t placed it on the top is because of its high price but if you are willing to spend that much this one disappoints you with its high-end advanced features.Its best suited for professional musicians and song composers due to its realistic beat sounds. This model has come up with some additional keys and increased pattern memory which lacked in the older versions from this company. The machine is capable of real-time selection of different best types in your preferred table. Another plus point would be its sturdy and durable nature which gives the value for its money!
If you want the best hardware and software than Native Instruments Machine Mk3 Groove Production Studio is for you. The best thing about this drum machine is that it lets you as creative as you can be and provide you with all the high tech features which you can need.The drum machine is suitable for both studio use and while giving live performances. Although the machine does vary in terms of size and weight than it’s older models yet its still convenient to carry around. The touch-sensitive knobs do make a plus point here. So don’t think too much while buying the machine because it will simply impress you.
Korg Volca features an optional battery power which makes it highly portable and you can literally make your beats anywhere as you want. The machine has a wide variety of professional features along with decent size and weight!The machine features high end and quality performance as delivers unforgettable classic six analogue and four PCM based drum parts. Users can easily cut, mix, and slice loops in order to create some awesome beats. Krog Volca won’t let you down so you might wanna give it a chance when it comes to a professional drum machine!
6. Teenage Engineering PO-12 Rhythm Drum MachineTeenage Engineering PO-12 truly is a big performance machine in a small package. You don’t wanna go with its size because it surely is a high-quality performance drum machine to go. Solid sounds, amusing effects, and intuitive sequencing are all the drum machine is popular for!The machine comes with an amazing and long-lasting battery life which makes sure you can make most of it! The machine is suitable for beginners as well as for the professionals. What’s more, you will get all these amazing features at a very affordable price!
7. Elektron Analog Rytm MKIIIf you are willing to spend a decent amount of money for some pro features than Elektron Analog Rytm MkII would be a perfect choice for you. You will get some very playable sounds along with loads of outputs and CV connectivity.You might find some complex features but they all worth it if you don’t wanna compromise with the prices. The machine is capable of producing a particular type of drum sound. You will get decent effects and sound samples along with lightweight which makes it highly portable.
8. JoMox Alpha Base Drum MachineWith JoMox Alpha Base Drum Machine you will get Analog/PCM hybrid sounds with effects that are quite impressive. If we talk about connectivity you will get integrated in the Midi out and Midi Thru jacks, stereo inputs, USB and SD card slot!Users will also find 8 individual balanced Analogue outputs, stereo mixed balanced and headphones. The presence of multiple Analogue is what makes this drum machine eligible and artists use the machine widely for the same reason too.
Roland is already a popular brand and you can never go wrong with its drum machines when it comes to some quality performance! Its unique hybrid sound-producing technique is responsible for the realistic sound you are gonna get! Thanks to its Analog Circuit Behavior technology you will get a punching sound that you are gonna simply love.Apart from this, you will also find the sequencer with the classic analog feature. Built-in speaker and K-25m keyboard unit compatibility makes another good feature. Its robust construction will also impress you.
Dave Smith Instruments is our last choice for the best drum machine list of ours. Here you will find Analog/Hybrid drum machine and it includes a synth. The machine truly helps you with the creativity and it will never stop you from creating your own unique beats.
ConclusionThese 10 drum machines are the best ones in our opinion and you are gonna love them too for the very same reasons that we have mentioned in the article. We hope you find the article helpful and it helps you to choose the right drum machine!