The popularity of shooting games is quite high among pro gamers. After all, everyone likes to shoot at their enemies using fancy weapons and show off their shooting skills. There are plenty of shooting games available for us to choose from and we are thankful for that. One such first-person shooting game that has made a significant mark on us would be the Battlefield series. This is one of the popular first-person shooting games that you can find these days or maybe you have already played one or more games of this series.
Battlefield is developed by EA DICE, a Swedish developer and it is known to offer larger PvP battles and campaigns. Players across the world have appreciated the multiplayer shooter experience along with its vast maps, dozens of players, and vehicles to drive you through gruesome playthroughs. The game features choppers, airplanes, tanks, jets, and many other vehicles. The game focuses on large and explosive multiplayer battles. You will be played with a team so you will need communication, teamwork, and strategy to survive in the game.
The developers of this game release a new game almost every year to compete with games like Call of Duty. So naturally, there are plenty of games in the series. If you are someone who likes to play games by following an order then you might want to know the correct order of the Battlefield game series as well. Although, it can be hard to find the right order of the Battlefield game series. That is exactly why we are here. In this article, we are going to list down the Battlefield games in order. So go ahead and take a look at the following article and see what order you need to follow.
Also check – Elder scroll games in order / Final fantasy games in order
Best Battlefield Games In Order
1. Battlefield 1942The first game in the Battlefield series is Battlefield 1942 and this one was released in 2002 for Windows and macOS. This game was originally a multiplayer game only but after a while, the single-player version was also released so players can enjoy the same features offline. The game introduced us to the Conquest game mode which is about capturing control points spread across the map.The class system delivers several options including Scout, Assault, Anti-Tank, Medic, and Engineer. Not only this, but the players can also fly WWII aircraft, bombers, capital ships, submarines, aircraft carriers, tanks, jeeps, and APCs. Apart from this players will be able to control anti-aircraft guns, machine guns, and artillery. The battles in this game happen on the historic WWII sites which makes it quite interesting. The sites include Eastern, North African, European, and Pacific Areas.Although the players do not expect to go with solo strategies because the game focuses on teamwork and Cooperative gameplay. So you will have to be a part of a team and show your communication skills with strategic planning and teamwork.The game received some great reviews from the critics as well as players across the countries so you won’t be disappointed either. Although the single-player game is fun and all but the multiplayer gameplay steals the show.
2. Battlefield: VietnamAfter the success of the first game in the franchise, fans were eagerly waiting for the next part, and the developers didn’t make them wait for long as the second game in the series debuted in 2004 for Windows. The game was developed by the Canadian subsidiary of DICE. Although months later EA also released a remake with new maps, vehicles, and an official WWII mode.This game focuses on the Vietnam war along with the weapons and sites related to it. The maps include the Battle of Hue, Ho Chi Minh Trail, Operation Flaming Dart, and the Battle of Khe Sanh. The gameplay of this game had a few changes yet it features some new concepts such as vehicle passengers being able to fire from the side. Players will be able to experience new things such as ordering the airlifts, using new weapons, retro music, and so on. The 3D maps and improved graphics were praised by the players. Overall it was a decent game and players will get to experience a new war setting.
3. Battlefield 2Battlefield 2 is the next Battlefield game in the order that you need to know about. The game debuted in 2005 for Windows. The thing that impressed the players with this game is that it features modern tactics and settings along with realistic shooting elements. The game features a hefty single-player mode and there are a series of missions involved as well. The missions included in the game feature a clash among China, US Marine, and the fictional middle eastern coalitions. The story happens in the 21st century where the eastern powers are invading the USA.The multiplayer version of this game allows players to be a part of a team and play in a co-op mode as they have to focus on teamwork and active communication. There are 7 classes to choose from, these are assault, medic, anti-tank, engineer, support, special forces, and sniper. The multiplayer mode can be played with up to 64 players on a map and 8 players on the LAN.This is yet again an exciting game and it does feature some fun elements that make this gameplay more gruesome. The graphics are quite realistic too.
4. Battlefield 2142The next game in Battlefield will take you to the future as you will be playing in the year 2142. The game debuted in 2006 for Windows and macOS. This game features another cold war that takes place around another ice age. It will feature not one but two fictional battles in a Sci-fi setting. This means you will get fast combat gameplay with fictional weapons.This means you will get to see a massive change in the gameplay from what you have experienced in the World War Era in this game. So many changes have been introduced such as the wheels have been replaced with hovers, aircraft have been designed to make use of boosters and thrusters. Naturally, the weapons in the game are futuristic.Another thing that has impressed us a lot in this game is the reward system in the game. Players will be able to choose to unlock weapons and aesthetics every time they climb the ranks. There are only two superpowers that have remained: one is the European Union and the other is the Pan Asian Coalition. You can select any of these. You will be able to play in Conquest mode with up to 16 players or play in the 64 player mode. It is a fun game and was well received by players across the world.
5. Battlefield: Bad CompanyBattlefield: Bad Company is the next game in the Battlefield series that you would want to play if you are following the chronological order. The game was released in 2008 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game introduces a full-fledged storyline for the first time along with some standout characters. This is why it is considered as a unique entry in the game series.The story of the game follows the character of Peter Preston Marlowe who is trying to steal gold from mercenaries alongside his squad. The storyline opened a co-op multiplayer mode, Gold Rush. One other thing that impressed the players is the destructible environment in the game so players can destroy the walls or any other things in their surroundings which gives more adrenaline rush during the game.The game involves several weapons and vehicles which are impressive. Everything plays out in a fictional future that involves the US and Russia. The game is also available in multiplayer mode too.
6. Battlefield 1943Battlefield 1943 is the next Battlefield game that you like to play. This one was released in 2009 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This game is only available in multiplayer mode and it also features 4 maps along with some new features. The game also features new mechanics and a new mode, Air Superiority. You will also get unlimited ammo and health regeneration over time.Although the game is considered quite similar to Bad Company yet there are some changes in the game. You will find the environmental damages in the game as it runs on Frostbite Engine. This one also features a Conquest mode along with plenty of new weapons, new places, vehicles, classes, and so on. This one features WWII time, so you will yet again experience some world war action.
7. Battlefield: Bad Company 2After the success of Bad Company, developers decided to release yet another game that features the same action and adventure as Bad Company. The game was released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC. The story of the game is continued after the Bad Company events. It follows the B-Company amidst WWII.Some special operatives have been trapped in the enemy lines and the squad is searching for them to rescue them. The game offers an intense single-player mode where the player offers neat character focus. Preston is also back as a protagonist.You will also have the multiplayer mode all flushed out. There are plenty of new weapons to use along with new vehicles, maps, and several modes. You will also get some aircraft models such as choppers. The game was well-received by both the critics and fans.
8. Battlefield 3This is the next Battlefield game in the chronological order that you would want to play next. This one was released in 2011 for PS3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC. The game features bigger maps, more vehicles, scales, and 64 players in a multiplayer PC campaign. The console will only support 24 players though.It also features a single-player mode where the player can play the campaign alongside bots. The game does feature some elements from the Bad Company games in the franchise. The story of the game follows the War of 2014 that happened across Iraq and Iran.The game features improved performance, lighting, visuals, and overall destruction which make the game more interactive and realistic. The game got positive reviews from players across the world along with critics.
9. Battlefield 4The next game in the series is Battlefield 4 and it debuted in 2013 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Large-scale warfare has been continued in this game featuring some old and new features. This game features destruction that is better than before with the Frostbite 3 engine.Apart from this the game also features the ability to change the map and its physical features. The main storyline is continued in this game, it follows the six years after the events of Battlefield 3.
10. Battlefield: HardlineHardline is the next game in the series and it debuted in 2015 for Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.This game has changed the approach from the military theme to the police and robber theme. Although it is certainly bigger than just about capturing a robber, it involves a drug mafia. It features both the single-player and multiplayer mode where the latter features several modes including Heist, Blood Money, Hotwire, Rescue, and Crosshair. Even though with a different theme, this game does a great job and impressed the players and critics alike.
ConclusionHere we have listed the Battlefield games in order just like you have wished to know. Even though players can easily play the games in any order in the series, if you want to play all the games in the series then you might as well follow the original chronological order of the series.That would be all for now and we hope you found everything that you have been looking for. It is an interesting series and players have expressed their appreciation for the game as well. So go ahead and start playing this outstanding first-person shooting game and have fun.