Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the most popular social media platforms and it has hundreds of millions of active users too. There are plenty of amazing features that keep us hooked on this app too. Whether it’s sending stories or making memories, Snapchat has done quite a good job and made us all its fans.
Although, just like any other social media platform or apps, this one is not an exception when it comes to bugs and issues. The users frequently report some issues or bugs that cause great discomfort and make them anxious. From not opening the app to breaking streaks mysteriously, the good news is, if there is no involvement of yours in the issues that you are facing then there are plenty of ways to fix those issues too.
One of such issues faced by the users is the deleted memories. Many users have said that their memories were deleted accidentally or without their knowledge. But there are some ways to get the deleted Snapchat Memories back and that is why we are here.
In this article, we are going to list down some ways to get the deleted Snapchat memories back. So go ahead and have a look at the following ways and get your memories back on Snapchat.
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
Common Way to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories:This way involves going to the My Data page of Snapchat where you can log in to your account and select the deleted memories to get them back. This will be done in 24 hours. Here is how you can do that:
- Open the Snapchat My Data page
- Log in to your account
- Now select the deleted memories option
- Next, select the submit recovery request button.
- Now, your data recovery request has been submitted successfully.
- You will receive an email with a download link within 24 hours.
- Open the email, and then click on the download link. This will redirect you to the My Data page.
- Now click on the mydata.zip to save it as a zip file.Now that you have the zip file, you can easily extract the memories. Once you extract the file, you will get a new folder.
- Open that file folder and click on the index.html.
- Tap on the memories option on the left side.That’s it, you will see your memories within 24 hours.
Alternate ways to get your deleted Snapchat memories back:
- Android/iPhone Cache – One of the best ways to recover the deleted Snapchat memories is via the phone cache. For this, you will need to navigate to your phone’s files manager and check for the Snapchat folder in the internal storage of your phone. You will find this folder under Android>Data>com.snapchat.android. Open the folder and then look for the cache. In the cache, you will find the deleted memories retained in the cache. All you have to do is to open it and save it. Make sure you choose a location to save the files and you will get your deleted Snapchat memories back.
- Look into the Phone Gallery – There is also a good chance to get your deleted memories back via the phone Gallery. All you need to do is to look into the Phone Gallery and the trash folder of your gallery too. The deleted media is often retained in the trash folder for a limited period of time. You can just go to the gallery then look for the trash and search for the videos and photos. If you find any of the deleted photos or videos you can save or recover them. When it’s done, you will find them in the original folder.
- Turn on Sync with Google Drive – Another popular method to get any of the deleted media or Snapchat memories back is to turn on sync with Google Drive from the app. This will keep your photos or videos safely secured so you can get any of the photos any time, even if they have been deleted. For this, you will need to log in to your Google account details and go to Drive. After that, you need to look for the recent backup folder. The folder will display all the data that has been backed up. You can easily choose the photos that you want to recover from there. So this will be like insurance for the future if you lose any of the photos from your Snapchat or gallery.
ConclusionSo these are some of the ways to get your deleted Snapchat memories back. Many users have used these ways to get the deleted Snapchat memories back and they have been successful too. So, go ahead and try these aforementioned ways to get your Snapchat memories back and keep those precious moments with yourself always.That would be all for now and we hope you found our article helpful, thank you.