Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the best social media platforms and it has been giving tough competition to Instagram and other popular social media platforms. Ever since Snapchat launched, people were quite intrigued and they find sending snaps (pics) to their friends and followers fascinating. The fact that the chat gets deleted after 24 hours is also something we all cherished.
Now that it is a popular social media platform, more and more people are using it for long hours and especially at night. Constant use of Snapchat or another app in the dark is harmful to our eyes and overall health. This is why the phones and apps are coming up with the dark mode. The dark mode is quite helpful and you would be able to use the phone or another app at night without having to ruin your eyes and get a headache. This is why more and more people are opting for the dark mode in their phones as well as in the apps.
Just like the popular apps, Snapchat has also come up with the dark mode. Although, people who are not very familiar with the app might not know how to activate the dark mode and this is where you need our help.
Keep reading the article to know how to get dark mode on Snapchat. We are going to tell you some simple ways to get the dark mode on Snapchat.
What is Dark Mode?
The dark mode is also called as the night mode and it is the setting where the app’s color scheme changed to a darker landscape. It is available in many apps such as Facebook, Snapchat, etc, and can also be done for the whole phone as well. The dark mode will be easier to use in the dark or night without straining their eyes and the bright will also make you sleep harder.
It’s easier to get the dark mode on Snapchat, it might be different for Android and iOS. Let’s move forward and find out how to get dark mode on Snapchat.
Also check – How to get new and old filters or lenses back on snapchat / How to fix snapchat not working
How To Get Dark Mode On Snapchat
Get Dark Mode in Snapchat on iOS:The dark mode for Snapchat on iOS was launched in 2021 and the users were pretty amused to use their favorite app in the dark tone setting. To get the dark tone on Snapchat iOS you will have to follow these easy steps:
- Go to your Snapchat profile. Click the Bitmoji in the top left corner for that.
- Now select the Gear or Setting icon, it will be present in the top right.
- Now scroll down and find App Appearance and click on it.
- Now choose always dark that will bring dark mode on your Snapchat.You can also choose the match the system, so if your phone is in dark mode, it will automatically come in the dark mode.Alright, this should be pretty easy to do, now enjoy the dark mode on Snapchat on your iOS phone.
Get Dark Mode on Snapchat while using an Android phone:Although the dark mode for Snapchat in Android hasn’t been introduced yet, still there is a way to “force” Dark mode in Android. Have a look at the following steps and follow them to get dark mode in Snapchat while using Android.
- find the gear or setting icon in your phone and click on it
- Now go to the display section of the settings
- You will find the option to enable the Dark Mode. Enable it.
- Now go back to the setting and scroll down to find About Phone.
- Next, you will need to select the Software Information
- Now that you have opened the software information, you will need to go to the build number and click on it several times. You will now receive the “almost there” notification. After that, you will need to input your password/code to enable developer mode.
- Now go back to settings and select the developer options
- Now, you need to scroll down and force dark mode.While you may have to wait for a while to get the dark mode on Snapchat in Android, but you can most certainly use this way to force the dark mode for a while. This would certainly help you use the android in a darker tone. So make sure you try it as most of the users have found it useful, so this might work for you as well.
ConclusionSo, that’s how you are going to get the dark mode on Snapchat. We hope you get the best way to get the dark mode on Snapchat so that you can enjoy using Snapchat even in the dark without fatiguing your eyes.That would be all for now and we hope you liked our article and found it helpful as well.