Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms we have today. And it is quite fun to send and receive snaps all day from your loved ones and people you socialize with. One of the best parts of Snapchat would be its filters. Almost anyone would agree that it is fun to click pictures from Snapchat apps and ravishing as well. There are too many filters that are our favorite.
There are many filters and lenses that you can use while taking photos and have fun with them or look just as you want. Although almost every social media platform these days has got its own set of filters or lenses, so while it is not a unique feature of Snapchat, we can surely say that filters and lenses on Snapchat are kinds of the best we have.
Since the popularity of lenses and filters keeps growing and growing, the app also keeps updating new filters and sometimes they delete old or outdated ones too. This keeps their audience interesting and excited about the new filters. But sometimes the users do miss the old filters and lenses when they disappear.
But do you know there is a way to get those old filters and lenses back on your Snapchat? How?? You must be asking this since the minute you have arrived. Well, it is possible and you would be able to do so easily as well.
Let’s move ahead and find out how you can get the new and old filters and lenses on Snapchat.
Also check – How to find someone’s real name on snapchat
How to Get Old Filters and Lenses Back?
We know that losing your favorite filter on Snapchat might not be that pleasant and you would be thinking why would Snapchat take down such an awesome filter and leave you with nothing. But the thing is, if you have lost your old filters on Snapchat, you can get it back easily.But before we start our guide and tell you how you can get old filters and lenses on your Snapchat, you will have to enable the filter feature on your Snapchat account.Once you have enabled your filter feature, you need to take the following steps and you would get your old filters back on Snapchat.
- Open your Snapchat app
- If you haven’t already, log in to your Snapchat account
- Once you have logged in, you will see your Snapchat camera as the default
- Now place your face on the camera and a long tap on your face
- This way, your Snapchat camera would recognize your face, and then you will see filters and lenses appear at the bottom of your screen
- Now, you will have to slide on the right side and use one of the lenses
- After you have selected a lens, you will see the ‘i in a circle’ icon below your Bitmoji and search
- Click on the ‘I in a circle’ icon, and you will be able to see the name of the lenses and options
- Now, you have to tap on the more lenses option
- Now you will see all the filters and lenses, under the section (for eg, for you, trending, face, world and music)
- Now you will have to enter the name of the filter and lenses in the search option
- If you don’t know the name of the old filter or lenses, you may scroll through the filters and search for filters manually.That would be all and now you would be able to get back the old filter or lenses. It’s okay if you don’t know the name of the filter or lenses, you can still scroll through the filters and find what you are looking for. This method is the same for Android and iOS.
Change Date of your DeviceIf the aforementioned way is not ideal for you then we have another way that can help you to get your old filters and lenses back on the Snapchat app.Now all you have to remember is when you had used the filter or lenses the last time. If you remember the date, you may as well change your device’s date and get back your old filter and lenses on your app.Let’s move ahead and find out how you can do that. Follow the below-mentioned steps and you would be able to do so.
- Go to the settings of your device
- Either tap on the additional settings or type Date and Time in the search box.
- Tap on date and time once you have found it.
- Toggle off the Automatic Date and Time option
- Then tap on Set Date
- Set the date now, choose the date you used that filter for the last time
- Double-check the date and then click ok
- Now, if you change the date of your device, you should reset your device once
- Now open your Snapchat App
- Now to the Snapchat camera and place your face until it detects your face
- Now that your face is detected, you will see old filters and lenses
- Choose your favorite filter or lenses from the old ones and have funSo now that you have two methods to get back your old filters and lenses, you would be able to get them back as well. It would be fun to have them back so that you can look good and share your photos with your favorite filters with your Snapchat friends.Now that we have covered the old filter and lenses section for the Snapchat app, it is time to tell you how you can get new ones too. Yes, there is a way through which you can add new filters and lenses.
How to Get More Snapchat Filters and Lenses | All Snapchat Filters and Lenses List
Here are some steps that you would have to follow to get more Snapchat filters and lenses:
- Open your Snapchat app on your device
- You will go to the Snapchat camera as default
- Once you have reached the camera, place your face on the camera and wait till it detects your face
- Once your face is detected, you will find various filters and lenses to choose from
- You can either swipe up to see all the filters or you can select the I in a circle below your Bitmoji and search icon
- Now you will see the name of lenses and few options
- Click on the More Lenses
- Now you will get the list of all the filters and lenses on Snapchat
- You can easily choose any filter or lenses and have fun with itThat’s all you have to do to get more filters on the Snapchat app. I guess you would be pretty occupied with the long list of filters and lenses to use.
ConclusionThat would be all for now and we think we have provided you with everything you have asked for. We hope now you would be able to find your favorite old Snapchat filters and lenses without having to go through any kind of trouble. If you know someone who is also missing an old filter or lenses then you should share this article with them as well.We hope you found our article helpful, feel free to come again for more such articles in the future. Thank you.