How many times have you found yourself getting bored? I am sure plenty of times. If you are alone and bored there are plenty of things you can do such as watching videos, scrolling through social media platforms, talking to someone, taking pictures, and even playing quick games on your phone. While if you are bored with friends you would want to come up with an activity that everyone in the group would enjoy so that you all can have fun.
Well, there are lots of things you can do with your friends when you guys are bored. Some of them might not require all of your friends to be present under one roof. Yes, we are talking about playing games with your friends. Games are such a fun activity that you can do anywhere and anytime and people would be happier to be a part of it. If you have got a nice group of friends then the only thing you would need is a good game to play with them.
Now there are hundreds of game options out there that you can try and explore. But there are only a few which you would enjoy and can guarantee a good time for you and your friends. That is why it is important to find a good enough game to play with your friends when bored.
As we have said there are endless options both online and offline, so choosing one game may take a lot of time and effort. So if you are not aware of the popular games to play with your friends then don’t worry you are not alone and we are here to help.
In this article, we are listing down some of the best games to play with friends when bored. Go ahead and have a look at the following and see which one would be perfect for you and your friends.
- 1 Games To Play With Friends When Bored
- 1.1 1. Beer Pong
- 1.2 2. Accent Game
- 1.3 3. 20 Questions
- 1.4 4. Tug of War
- 1.5 5. Laughing Game
- 1.6 6. Treasure Hunt
- 1.7 7. Seven-Second Challenge
- 1.8 8. Dizzy Challenge
- 1.9 9. The oreo challenge
- 1.10 10. Never Have I Ever
- 1.11 11. Truth or Dare
- 1.12 12. Two truths and a lie
- 1.13 13. Pictionary
- 1.14 14. Monopoly
- 1.15 15. Ludo
- 1.16 Conclusion
Games To Play With Friends When Bored
1. Beer PongOne of the first games that came to our minds is none other than Beer Pong. Whether you are hosting a party or meeting your family on holiday or a special occasion this is the game you can never go wrong with. This is one of the most popular party games right now and you won’t need to convince your friends a lot either. It is easy to play and you can play it with a few props.How to play:For Beer Pong, you will need three things:
- Plastic cups
- Ping Pong ballsYou will have to make teams. Then you need to place six glasses of beer in plastic cups. Fill the cups to the halfway mark. Each one of the players from the teams will throw the ping pong ball from the opposite side of the table. If the opposite team player successfully throws a ping pong ball in a beer cup then players from your team will have to drink the beer cup.This can go on for as long as you want or until players are too drunk to play the game. It is a classic drinking game for parties and if you haven’t tried it out yet, this one is your sign to play this game with friends and have fun.
2. Accent GameOne of the fun things to try out is faking accents. And it becomes even more fun when you are faking the accent with your friends. It’s always fun to try out different accents across the world or even try to guess the accents as well.Well, the game is pretty simple and all you need to play this game is your friends. Each one of your friends will have to do an accent for one minute.Now the fun part is, you can customize the game according to the group. If someone can’t do the accent for a minute then you can decide on a punishment for them. Or you can just play to win and give an award to the best player who can do multiple accents correctly.
3. 20 Questions20 Questions is another classic game to play with friends when bored. The best part of this game is that you can play it anywhere and anytime as long as you have someone to play this game with.It is a pretty fun game and the rules are quite simple. So you can play the game with anyone. One player will think of an object, person, character, etc. The other players will have to guess what they have in mind by asking several questions.For example, if you have thought of a lion, your friends can ask if it is a person, is it an animal, is it a pet animal, and so on. It’s fun, it’s easy, and it is certainly the best game to play with friends when bored, so try this one out!
4. Tug of WarTug of war is another enjoyable game that you can play with your friends or family. Whether you are celebrating a holiday with your friends or family or if you are throwing a casual get-together, this game is pretty fun.The game again is pretty simple and it would be best if you play it in the backyard or garden, or you might have to make some space in your living room to play the game.To play the game you will need a rope and two objects that you can use as flags.Now you will have to divide the players into two teams. Make sure both teams are evenly matched in their physical ability. Tie a knot in the middle of the rope and give the teams each one of the ends of the rope. Now draw a line in the middle and make a center.Each team will try to pull the rope and whichever team manages to pull the center to their side will win.It is an old-school game that will never disappoint. So this holiday, try this one out!
5. Laughing GameThis game is just like it sounds, fun! Well, is there anything better than laughing with friends? No, right. So why don’t we turn that into a game to be played with friends?Here, this game is easy and fun. You will only need your friends to play this game.Each player will lie on the floor and lay their head on the other player’s stomach. The other player will have to say something funny to make others laugh. The first person who laughs will be out of the game and the player who manages to keep a straight face will win. It’s fun and will keep everyone engaged for a while.
6. Treasure HuntTreasure Hunt is another popular and classic game to play with your friends when bored. There are plenty of ways treasure hunts can be played while the basic rules remain the same.The rules are pretty simple and it is going to be very engaging too. The game can be played with any age group and anywhere. All you need to play the game is some small objects which will act as treasurer and pen & paper.You will need to hide the objects in different parts of the house. Write the clues about the place where you have hidden those objects. Each one of the objects will have a different set of clues for the next object until someone finds the treasure and wins. The game can be played with teams or individual players.You have to be smart with the clues and hidden places of the objects. Overall, it’s a fun game to play.
7. Seven-Second ChallengeThis is another easy yet exciting game to play with friends when bored. The idea of the game is pretty simple. All you need is a timer.Now, you need to select a few tasks that need to be performed in seven seconds. The tasks should be easy and should be done in seven seconds. You can pick a referee who will handle the timer and also looks if the player has completed the task in the given time. If the player can’t complete the task in seven seconds then they will be out of the game and those who do it will win.
8. Dizzy ChallengeIt is very fun to watch someone dizzy and trying to achieve a task. Well, this is what this game is all about.It’s also a simple game and you won’t need anything besides a few friends. You would need to make a circle and one player will spin in the circle 8 times and then they will try to do a given task by the other players. If they can do it they win and lose otherwise. It would be more fun if there are more people.
9. The oreo challengeThis is a fun game for all those who love eating Oreos. This game allows you to eat many Oreos so it’s a win-win situation even if you don’t win the game.The game is pretty simple and you need to have different flavored Oreos. Put the different flavored oreo cookies on the plate. Blindfold one player and let them try out one oreo at a time and they will have to guess the flavor. Those who guess the most flavors win the game.
10. Never Have I EverWe have another classic and old-school game to play with friends. This is a game that you can play anytime and you will be guaranteed to have a good time.You don’t need anything special to play the game with friends. Make your friends sit in a circle. One person would say something that they have never done in their life and if the other player has done that then they will either drink a shot or they will say they have done it. It’s fun and will be amusing to see what your friends have or haven’t done.
11. Truth or DareSince we are speaking of old-school games, how can we not include the classic truth and dare?Most people would know the rules of those classic games. If you don’t then don’t worry it’s pretty simple.Make your friends sit in a circle and keep a bottle in the middle. One person would spin the bottle. When the bottles stop spinning, the player who is sitting at the end of the bottle’s mouth will have to choose between truth and dare. The other players can either ask them a question if they choose the truth or make them do something if they choose to dare.
12. Two truths and a lieThis is another exciting game to play with friends and it won’t need any additional props.The rules of the game are simple. You can pick a player from the group and they will have to say two truths and one lie about themselves. And the other players will have to guess which one is the lie.Again, you can also make it a drinking game so if they guess the lie then the person who said the truths and lies will have to drink, and if not then the whole group will have to drink.
13. PictionaryPictionary is also an amazing game to play with friends.Make sure you have a board or a sheet of paper. Now you can divide the players into two teams. One team will hire a player from the other team and give them the name of something. The player will have to draw it on the board and their team has to guess. The team who can guess most of the answers would win.
14. MonopolyIf you want to play a game that can last longer and is also fun then Monopoly should be the best option for you.For this, you would need to have the monopoly board game and a few friends to play the game with. You can look up the rules of the game behind the box and play for hours with your friends.
15. LudoLudo is another classic board game that can never disappoint you or your friends.You can play the game for hours with your friends as many times as you want. The game is played with up to 4 players. You need to have the Ludo board game or you can also play it online with friends. Whoever reaches the house first will win the game and whoever reaches the last will be the loser. Now you can customize the game by adding some punishments or something to make the game more fun.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games to play with friends when bored. You can play these games anywhere and anytime. We have selected games that are easy to play for everyone, easily available, and also fun so that everyone can have a good time. Feel free to customize the aforementioned games by adding your own rules and fun punishments for the lovers.That would be all and we hope you found everything you have been looking for.