Pokémon isn’t just a series, it’s an emotion. And everyone knew it well including the developers of the Pokémon game. We have no complaints with the game and this proves with the huge popularity of the game as soon as it launched. People went crazy, got addicted, and just fell in love with the game while it just launched. Although some thought the craze would last for only a limited period, they were wrong. We can safely say that Pokémon has won the test of time and is still ruling the hearts of many.
Of courses, if we have to be realistic then we can say that the game has been played by millions of people across the globe and they all loved it. But some of them have played the game for a long time and now they need a break from the game. Even if they don’t want to play Pokémon anymore, they would want to play and explore a similar game. Although, there is hardly any game that would truly fill the shoes of Pokémon but it’s not entirely impossible to find the best games like Pokémon.
Yes, it would be pretty hard to find the best games like Pokémon but if you give it some time and patience, you might be able to find the best alternative as well. There are plenty of games available that claim to be similar to Pokémon, but only a few of them are worth your time and energy. Do you want to know what those games are? Well, you are at the right place.
Here, we are going to list down the top 11 games like Pokémon that you should know about and would love playing too. So go ahead and take a look at the following and find out the best games like Pokémon to play next.
- 1 Best Games Like Pokemon
Best Games Like Pokemon
1. Fae TacticsFae Tactics is one of the best games like Pokémon that you would like to play sometime. The game has been developed by Endless fluff Games and published by Humble Games, this one is available for PC and Nintendo Switch. This game is a strategy RPG that also shares some similarities with Pokémon. In this game, you will take control of a young mage, Peony, she ventures across a vibrant 3D pixel world meeting allies and battling enemies.This also features similar turn-based combat, the same as the Pokémon. You will be summoning a party of members who will fight you on your behalf. Your job is not just to summon the allies but also cast spells to skew the odds in your favor. As you move forward and level up in the game, you will be able to make more customization in the game.Even though the game doesn’t have as large a collection as Pokémon yet it would be good enough to play and have a good time. It has got a nice background and pretty amazing gameplay too, so you will most certainly enjoy playing this game after you have finished a game like Pokémon.
Monster Crown is another one of the best games like Pokémon that you should know about. The game is quite impressive and popular and it is certainly one of the best games to play when you are missing playing Pokémon. The game has been developed by Studio Aurum and published by Soedesco. The game is available on the platforms such as PC, Nintendo Switch, PS Vita, and Mac. The game is quite focused on the feeling of Game Boy-era Pokemon. It offers outstanding sprite-work and animations that would make you think of it as a retro game.The story of the game also feels like you are revisiting old Pokémon haunts, but with much darker undertones. You will be trying to stop an evil person and battling monsters along the way. This is a perfect game to play if you are feeling nostalgic and want to play an old-school Pokémon but don’t want to be bothered with digging up your Game Boy.Overall, it is a perfect game to play for any Pokémon fan, it has got everything to make you happy and keep you engaged till the end.
Monster Hunter Stories has also made a place on our list of best games like Pokémon and you are going to fall in love with this game as well. The game has been developed by Capcom and Marvelous and it has been published by Capcom. The game is available for the platforms of Nintendo 3DS and Android, so it is quite accessible and fun to play. This one features a completely different theme than the main series MH and features a turned-based combat system as well as the ability to make friends with the monsters and hatch new ones by stealing eggs.You would be responsible for your monsters and will overlook their journey. You will be able to name, train, and ride your monsters who will be more powerful than the original stories. Speaking of the similarities with Pokémon, it also features the Rock-Paper-Scissors style combat mechanics, with attacks falling into one of three categories: Power, Speed, and Technique. The best part is, you can also choose a weapon to play with from Great Sword, the Sword and Shield, the Hammer, and the Hunting Horn. All of the monsters and the weapons are pretty powerful and you are going to love the games as well.
Yo-Kai Watch 3 is another one of the best games like Pokémon that you would enjoy playing. The game is pretty popular too. The game, although never really filled the shoes of Pokémon they have always made a place for itself with their lighthearted tone and bizarre sense of humor. This game is part of the JRPG series and it’s the latest installment as well, so naturally, there will be some advanced features that will certainly make it outstanding.The game follows the intertwined stories of the main characters, Nathan and Hailey. As you start the game you will find out that Nathan’s family has been shifted to a new city while Hailey stays in the city of Springdale. Even though the distance between the two characters seems like a big deal at the start, it will be significant as you move forward. As the story moves forward, the game will feature the monsters and magical creatures that are called Yo-Kai. You would also like the fact that you can make friends with the Yo-Kai and summon them whenever you need to.
5. Persona 5We can’t complete the list of best games like Pokémon without mentioning a game like Persona 5. This is a popular game that has been there for a long time now, so naturally, it would be famous and loved by players across the world. The storyline, graphics, and gameplay tactics, everything in this game are on point and you would certainly love exploring it as well.In this game, you will play the role of a rebellious teenager who has been code-named the Joker. He has some trouble adjusting to his new high school and he is still figuring out his life in Tokyo. Just after his arrival a series of strange and supernatural events take place and take everyone by surprise. Joker is now the only one who can combat these supernatural threats and he has been tasked to recruit companions that will fight by his side as he juggles the dungeon life along with his day-to-day school life.There are so many activities to perform while you are playing the game and you would most certainly enjoy each second of this game. This is a role-playing game along with all the supernatural elements that will make it an ideal alternative for Pokémon.
6. TemtemThe next game like Pokémon that you would love to play sometime is Temtem. This is another popular alternative for Pokémon like games and it will certainly impress you too.This is a monster collecting RPG that also features the MMO elements where you will also find the gotta-catch-em-all simulator. The goal of each player while playing this game is to collect and tame the monsters and become the ultimate Temtem Tamer. Not only will you have to catch the monsters but you will also have to battle with them too.There are six floating islands to explore and you will explore a variety of Temtem living peacefully with humans. You will have to defeat the other players and you will also try out the multiplayer mode in this game as well. The players would be able to battle, trade, and interact in real-time, so it would be fun to play as well.
If you are looking to play a game a little intense and flaunt your combat skills then you most certainly need to play Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. This game is the latest installment in the series and is also becoming quite popular as well. You will play the role of a young man who learns he is the reincarnation of a legendary hero from a long time ago.The game will take you to an unknown and dangerous world where you can uncover the mysteries of the past. You will also find a team of adventurers who will join you on your journey. The game features 100-hour long gameplay. Overall, you will have lots of fun playing this game, so go ahead and try this one out.
8. OobletsOoblets is one of the best games like Pokémon that you can play and this one is such a refreshing and lighthearted game that anyone would enjoy playing. This game features the social life Sims that feels like the greatest hit of the entire genre.This is also an RPG where you will try to live your life in the game and will also simultaneously collect the Ooblets (Pokémon like creatures). These come in all shapes and sizes, and these are pretty great to even look at. Overall, it is a light game to play and you would most certainly enjoy it as well.
Next on our list of best games like Pokémon is none other than Nexomon: Extinction. This is a pretty popular game too and anime fans do love playing this game. The game feels like another knock-off game like Pokémon and it even gives the predatory mobile game vibe too. But the game has impressed us with the full turn-based RPG that is quite similar to Pokémon but improvised and mixed with some new concepts such as mini-games. You will get more than 300 unique Nexomon.All the creatures fall under the nine elemental types and they will evolve into more powerful versions when exposed to certain items. A detailed world makes it even more adventurous and fun to play and exploring new adventures will be all that you would want to do for the rest of the day.
With lots of similarities with the classic Pokémon RPGs, this game has also impressed us and become one of the top games like Pokémon. In this game, you will follow the journey of twins Lann and Reynn who are struggling with amnesia and don’t remember anything about their past. They are soon greeted by a mysterious woman who tells them they are Mirage keepers.The game is full of surprises and you would be more than happy to explore as you move forward in the game.
Ever since Digimon came out it has been constantly compared with Pokémon, so naturally, it is our next choice for the best games like Pokémon list.You will be raising and training the Digimon in the game just like they do in Pokémon. This one is set in an open world so there are a lot of things to explore and you would most certainly like playing the game as well. Overall, this game is worth your attention if you like playing Pokémon games.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best games like Pokémon that you would like to play sometime. Some of them are quite similar to Pokémon while the others are a little different, but if you liked playing Pokémon and a little break from this game yet want to play something a little similar then you would most certainly enjoy these aforementioned games like Pokémon.That would be all for now and we hope you would like these games like Pokémon. So go ahead and try them all out and find your favorite one.