Many users have complained that their NVIDIA graphic card is not showing in their Windows 10. The NVIDIA properties or the whole card light be missing from the menu, desktop, or the desktop context menu. This can happen because of outdated graphic card drivers or missing registry subkeys and values. Although there can be some random or unknown reasons behind it too.
Since you are here, we can expect that you are also going through this issue as well. If that is the case, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to tell you how you can fix the Nidia Control Panel Not Showing in Windows 10.
Here are some of the best ways to solve the issue in your Windows 10, try them out and see if they work for you.
- 1 How To Fix Nvidia Control Panel Not Showing In Windows 10
How To Fix Nvidia Control Panel Not Showing In Windows 10
Method 1: Restart NVIDIA ServicesIf you have just noticed that your NVIDIA Control Panel is missing from your desktop or start menu on Windows 10 then the first thing that you should do is to restart the NVIDIA Services. This is one of the basic solutions that you can go for and it would certainly help you out.Here is how you can start the NVIDIA Services in your Windows 10:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows Key and R key simultaneously.
- Now open the Services window by typing ‘services. msc’ in the Run dialog box and then click Enter.
- Locate the NVIDIA related services
- Right-click on the NVIDIA services and then hit click on the Restart button appearing on the pop-up menu
- If you see any NVIDIA Services not working then right-click on the service and then select the Start option from the context menu.Once you are done with this, you may as well check whether the issue is resolved or not, if not then you can try other methods.
Method 2: Unhide the NVIDIA Control PanelSometimes the NVIDIA Control may not show on your desktop or start menu if you have just updated your graphic card software. If you have already started the NVIDIA Services and it still isn’t showing in your Windows 10 then you can try unhiding your NVIDIA Control Panel in the following ways and see if that helps:
- Go to the system control panel and then double-click to open the NVIDIA Control Panel option. Make sure that you are viewing the items by large icons in the system control panel.
- Find the Desktop or View menu to choose the Add Desktop Context Menu option (you will find that in the dropdown menu).Once you have done that, go to the desktop and see if you can locate or find the NVIDIA Control Panel or not. If not, then follow the other methods.
Method 3: Manually Launch the NVIDIA Control PanelManually launching the NVIDIA Control Panel might fix the NVIDIA Control Panel Not Showing in Windows 10. It may be a temporary solution or it can solve the issue for real, but you should certainly try it out.Here is how you can manually launch the NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Open My Computer folder and then go to the C Drive folder.
- Now look for the Program Files Folder here.
- Now, go to the NVIDIA Corporation folder and search for the same in the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Now, open the Control Panel Client from this folder.
- Locate the nvcplui file here
- Right-click on this file and run it as an administrator
- Create a desktop shortcut also by clicking right on the nvcplui file.This would certainly work for you and help you to fix the issue in Windows 10.
Method 4: Update Graphic DriverAs we have said earlier, one of the reasons behind the NVIDIA Control Panel Not Showing in Windows 10 is the outdated drivers in your computer. If that is the case then you should resolve it as soon as possible and make sure that you fix the faulty drivers by downloading the latest NVIDIA graphic card driver on your computer.Here is how you can update your graphic driver:
- Press Windows + X keys together on your keyboard to open the menu
- Now click on the Device Manager option
- In Device Manager, look for the Display Adapter option. Now expand it to find an NVIDIA graphic driver. Right-click on it and click on the Update driver option.
- Now a new window will open, click on the Search automatically for the updated driver software option
- It will automatically look for the latest update and will also install if it’s available.You will be informed if there is the latest version available and when the latest driver update is installed. This should solve the issue, if not then move to the next solution.
Method 5: Reinstall NVIDIA Graphic DriverIf updating the graphic driver didn’t work for you, you may as well try reinstalling it on your Windows 10.Here is how you can reinstall the NVIDIA graphic driver:
- Open the device manager by pressing the Windows + X key together on your keyboard. Now select the Device Manager option from the list of menus.
- Now expand the Display Adapter option from the list of drivers in Device Manager.
- Select the NVIDIA graphic card and then select the Uninstall device option.
- Once it’s uninstalled, you should go to the NVIDIA Graphic card download page
- Select the appropriate type, version, and series of graphics card drivers for your Windows 10 and install it.
- Now you will find the NVIDIA Control Panel in your Windows 10.
Method 6: Permanent Solution as per the NVIDIA SupportIf nothing else works for you, then you can finally try out the permanent solution provided by NVIDIA Support and see if it works for you.Here is how you can do that:
- Go to My Computer and then go to the Program Files (x86)
- Next, you have to find the NVIDIA Corporation and then go to the Display.NvContainer.
- In this file, find the Display.NvContainer file and then go and choose the Copy option
- Now start the Startup folder by typing the shell: startup in the Run Dialog box and then press Enter
- Once it opens you can paste the aforementioned Display.NvContainer file here
- Now right-click on this file and choose the Properties option
- Navigate the Compatibility tab in the properties window
- Check the box that says Run this program as administrator
- Now click on OK to implement the new settings and save the changes
- Finally, Restart your PC to see the NVIDIA Control Panel on your Desktop.A lot of people have tried this option when the aforementioned ones didn’t work for them, and this solved the problem as well. So do try it out if nothing else works for you.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best ways to fix the NVIDIA Control Panel Not Showing error in Windows 10. We have listed them here because a lot of users have said that these ways have worked for them and solved the issue for them as well.Overall, we hope that these methods work for you and resolve your issue as well. That would be all for now and we hope you found everything that you have been looking for.