Transferring anything from one device to another is a bit challenging and tedious. But it is an important task when you have changed your computer or need something on your other device. Well, transfer of files and documents from one device to another is one thing but transferring Installed Programs From One Computer to Another Windows 10 is another. It may seem a pretty hard thing, especially when you are not tech-savvy and need to do this as quickly as possible.
We can guess that you need to transfer installed programs from one computer to another Windows 10. Well, in that case, you have arrived at the best place, because we are going to tell you the simplest ways to transfer installed programs from one computer to another Windows 10 that will take less time and will be pretty effective as well.
So what are you waiting for? Here, we have listed some of the best ways to transfer installed programs from one computer to another Windows 10, go ahead and have a look:
Transfer Installed Programs From One Computer To Another Windows 10
1. Migrate programs in a traditional wayThe first way to transfer installed programs from one computer to another Windows 10 would be to migrate the programs traditionally without having to go through much. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to migrate the programs from one computer to another in the trading way:
- Right-click on the program and select Properties. Then select Shortcut to check the route directory.
- Now zip all the files and programs, and then copy them to a USB drive
- Plug this USB drive into another computer. Then migrate the programs and files to the disc of the new computer.This is the simplest way to migrate the programs from one computer to another. And it won’t be hard to do either. So if you have the USB drive and it is possible to migrate the programs this way then you should stick to this method.
2. Login Microsoft account for program migrationIf you don’t have a USB drive or the above method is not convenient for you in any way then you should certainly try the way that involves a Microsoft account. Although this method would only work if you have downloaded the programs from Microsoft Store.Here is how you can do it:
- Log in to your personal Microsoft Account on the computer.
- Now you will be able to preview all the installed programs in the app library.
- Click “Windows + I” simultaneously, this will bring up “settings”.
- Now click on the “App & Features”, here a window will pop up which features the installed programs
- Scroll down and find the programs that you want to move, and then click on Move. Now you will be asked to select a destination, after that hit Move again.
- After this, the movable programs would appear on the USB or the removable disk. You can go through these steps again if you want to restore the program or move it to other drives.
- After the migration is completed, unplug the USB and plug it into the different computer and move the programs there.Just keep in mind that this method would only work for the programs installed from Microsoft Store.
3. Migrate with OneDrive cloudOneDrive Cloud is also a popular platform where you can save many things in the cloud space, and in a way, it changed the storage issues that we used to face. The good thing is, OneDrive Cloud is not only good for storing pictures or files but can also be used to transfer programs or files from one device to another. Here is how you can do this as well:
- Login OneDrive cloud using the Microsoft account and upload the program’s folder from the disc to the cloud.
- See if the uploaded program appears in the cloud
- Now login to the same Microsoft account on a different Windows 10 computer or device. Download that program on the new device. You get a zip file, unzip the file to install the program.That would be all, you will get your program downloaded to the new Windows 10 computer easily.
ConclusionHere, we have come to an end for our article as we have mentioned how to transfer installed programs from one computer to another Windows 10. These are the simplest ways to transfer installed programs from one computer to another Windows 10, many people have tried these ways and it worked for them as well. So try these aforementioned ways to transfer the installed programs and make sure your new Windows 10 has everything that you need.That would be all for now and we hope you found this article helpful and got everything that you have been looking for. Thank you for visiting us and keep coming for more such articles in the future as well.