Not a lot of people know that JK Rowling has also written other books apart from Harry Potter, I am guilty of that assumption as well. When I read the Harry Potter series for the first time I instantly became a fan of Rowling and her writing skills and desperately searched for other books written by her. Well, work like Harry Potter can’t be repeated but I was lucky to find out that she has also written a crime fiction series under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith. This book series has also given us a lot to thank Rowlings for and if you enjoy good crime drama fiction then this is something you can’t ignore.
The first book in the series, The Cuckoo’s Calling was published in 2013. It received a lot of appreciation and love from the readers and critics. Till now only 5 books have come out and Rowlings is planning to publish another ten books in the future as well.
This book series features the storyline of Cormoran Strike who is a private detective and tries to solve some of the most twisted cases. He is a brilliant detective and makes sure that his clients always get what they ask of him. He also maintains his private life and sometimes struggles with it. It’s really fun to watch him solve the cases as well as maintain his personal life.
When it comes to reading a book series, some people may not follow the order and read the books as standalone. But since it’s JK Rowling you don’t want to miss out on any details and pay attention to every little thing to get the wholesome experience. This is why you would like to read all the Robert Galbraith books in order.
Here, we are going to list down the Robert Galbraith books in order so you get the best experience of this brilliant crime fiction book series.
Best Robert Galbraith Books In Order
1. The Cuckoo’s CallingThe Cuckoo’s Calling is the first book in the series by Robert Galbraith. With this book, we are introduced to the character of Cormoran Strike who has served in the Afghan war and lost a leg during the war. He is now practicing as a private investigator who is pretty good at solving crimes.He has been approached by John Bristow, the adoptive brother of his classmate Charlie. He has come with a new case for Strike, the legendary supermodel Lula Landry and also his sister has died. Although the police have closed the case and stated that she died by suicide by John believes otherwise.As Cormoran decides to take this case and help John, he enters a world of multimillionaire beauties, their rock-star boyfriends, and desperate designers. Soon he discovers a few suspects and motives. Although readers may not get a chance to come up with theories as there are hard-to-find clues, that can be a challenge too, right?With JK Rowling’s writing style you can expect a climactic end where you will be surprised and thrilled at the same time. There are many things that you would like in this book and Robin, Strike’s assistant is one of them.
2. The SilkwormThe Silkworm is the next book in the Cornman Strike series installment and it was published in 2014.A few months after he has solved the Luna Laundry case, Cormoran finally has something new to work on. This time a novelist has been missing and his wife, Leonora Quine has approached Cornman to find him. As the case moves forward Cornman realizes that this is no case of missing. He finds out that the novelist has written so many controversial things in his novels that may ruin so many lives. So naturally, there are a lot of people who would want him to be silenced.It becomes clear that Quine has been brutally murdered and whoever killed him is no simple criminal. This might be the worst criminal Cormoran has come across. Now it’s a race against time before the killer gets off and does some more damage. Will Cormoran be able to find him? There is only one way to find that out, finish the book!
3. Career of EvilThis is the third installment in the Cormoran Strike series written by Robert galbraith aka JK Rowling. The book was published in 2015 and it was well-received as well.Cormoran and his assistant Robin are off to a new case. But this case is special or perhaps personal to Cormoran as it is about the soldiers who returned from the Afghanistan war.Robin has received a mysterious package, when she opens it she is terrified and shaken to see a woman’s severed leg in the package. There is no doubt that Cormoran isn’t that surprised, but he is highly alarmed and ready to find out the whole story. For suspects, there are four people from the Cormoran’s past who might be behind it. They all are known for their brutality and can do such things as well.As the police get involved and catch one guy, they seem to be incapable of finding out the truth. Robin and Cormoran take matters into their own hands and go in search of the other three. In the meantime, one more horrendous act occurred, and there is no doubt that the dots are connected.Now it’s all the matter of time before something severe happens, and it’s all up to Strike and Robin to put an end to these things. It would be interesting to see both of them solving the case and finding out the real culprit, which would certainly take you by surprise.
4. Lethal WhiteLethal White is the next installment in the Cormoran Strike series and it was published after 3 years of its predecessor. This time the case is pretty difficult as it happened years ago and it’s pretty hard for Cormoran to even take the case.Billy, a troubled young man, approaches Cormoran to investigate a crime that he witnessed as a child. He is deeply disturbed by what he saw and he is looking for closure. On the other hand, Cormoran is finding it hard to believe his words as he seems mentally distressed and cannot even remember the minute details. Although there is something serious about the story he tells him and there are sincere clues as well. Before Strike could question him any further, he stormed out of his office.Now, Cormoran is more than interested in this case and wants to get to the bottom of it. As Robin and Strike move forward with the case they find twisting trails that lead them to the Parliament via a secretive sanctum and a manor house deep in the countryside.Just like this case Strike’s personal life is also becoming challenging and he is finding it hard to operate behind the closed curtains due to his popularity. On the other hand, his relationship with his former assistant and now business partner Robin is also becoming trickier. Will he be able to separate his personal and professional life?
5. Troubled BloodNext in the order of Robert Galbraith’s books is Troubled Blood. This time Cormoran is again approached to solve a case that happened decades ago.When Cormoran is visiting his family in Cornwall he is approached by a woman asking to find her mother Margot Bamborough who went missing in mysterious circumstances in 1974. The case is 40 years ago and it seems very cold too, something he has never worked on before. But he is very intrigued even if there is a slim chance of success in this case.Now this case may involve a psychotic serial killer, a tarot card reader, and lots of witnesses. This case is not as simple as it sounds and it may prove to be deadly as well. On the other hand, Robin too is juggling lots of cases including a messy divorce case. She is also trying hard to figure out her feelings about Strike.Overall, it’s a good book that features the characters and their feelings for each other. And of course, the case is chilling and fun to read. This is the last book that was published, although you might get a new book soon.
ConclusionSo these are the Robert Galbraith books in the order that you were looking for. You would like to know that the book series has already been adopted by BBC One as a series and two novels have already come out. So even if you are planning to watch the series we would suggest you do that after you have read the book series first.It would be hard to wait for the next book to be published once you start the series, but you would want to read it before it got ruined by spoilers. Critics and readers both have appreciated the book series so make sure you go ahead and buy the books.