If you are a gamer then you would know the importance of buying a game on any platform and especially Steam. Steam is a popular platform where players can get a generous amount of games across various genres, so the active players on Steam are pretty high these days. Well, buying a game is not always fun, because you may regret buying it after playing it for the first time. While gamers would know what they are getting into when they buy a game, sometimes the game may not be as good as expected. This is the time when you would feel like you have wasted your money.
But, the good news is, if you have bought a game on Steam, there are high chances that you would be able to get a refund. The refund policies on Steam are pretty good and you would like to consider trying to refund if you don’t like the game. If you have never refunded a game before then it may be a little overwhelming or confusing figuring out the right way to refund a Steam game.
Since you are here, we can assume that you are also a little confused over how to refund a Steam game. If that is the case then don’t worry because you have come to the right place. Here, we are going to tell you how to refund a Steam game step by step.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and take a look at the following steps to know how to refund a game on Steam.
How To Refund A Game On Steam
Requirements to Get a Refund Game on Steam:Before we move forward with our article, you would like to know when you can get a refund on a Steam game. Here are the two basic requirements that need to be fulfilled to get a refund for a game on Steam
- You must have bought the game within 14 days
- You must have played the game for less than two hours.If these two requirements meet then you are eligible to get a refund game on Steam. If these requirements don’t meet then you can request a refund but Steam may or may not give you your refund.
How to Request a Refund for a Steam Game?There are two steps you can follow to get a refund, one for requesting the refund for a game that you will find in your recently played game list. And for the game that isn’t in your recently played game list.First, see the method to request a refund for a game from your recently played list.
- First of all, you need to go to the Steam Support site. (You can do that via clicking on the Help page or by going to the Steam Support website directly)
- Now, you should go to the “Recent Products” at the top of the page. It will show you the game that you have recently played or purchased.
- There will be multiple options, and out of the three will offer you to request a refund.
- Click on “I’d like to request a refund” on the next page.
- You will need to choose how you would like your refund option, most the debit or credit cards can refund directly but if there is an issue then you can get your refund back in your Steam Wallet.
- Tap on “Choose refund method…” and choose your ideal refund method.
- Now you will have to select what you are returning exactly, there will be many options to choose from
- Scroll down and find what game you are returning to.
- After that, you need to give a brief explanation of why you are returning to the game.
- Click on “Submit a request” when you are done.If you meet the criteria of getting a refund then you will get your refund pretty fast otherwise you might have to wait for a while.
For a Game Not on the Recent List
- If you don’t find your game in the recent list, then you should go to the purchase list.
- You will see a list of games that you have purchased in the last six months
- Find the game you want to refund
- Click on the I would like a refund option
- Now you will see several solutions or fix help options. If you are certain that you want a refund and do not like to get a refund then proceed with “I’d like to request a refund”.
- Steam will check whether you are eligible for a refund or not
- You will need to select a refund method
- If you are not eligible for the refund, you still may request a refund.
- Explain why you would like a refund
- If your case is good, even if you are not eligible according to the refund criteria, you may still get a refund.
After You Submit Your RequestOnce you have submitted the refund request, you will get an email from Steam that will tell you your request has been accepted.You will also get an email when you will get your refund.Keep in mind that a refund request that doesn’t come under the eligibility criteria may take longer to respond to and refund.
ConclusionSo that is how you can refund a game on Steam. It seems pretty easy, right? Well, we hope that you understand the procedure and now you can readily refund a game on Steam without any hesitation. That would be all for now and we hope you liked the article and found it helpful. Thank you.