Snapchat has become one of the most growing social media platforms. Every day many people join this platform and share snaps with their friends and family. It is almost like their day doesn’t start without going through all the snaps they have received or sending their snaps.
But sometimes, the snaps may not load quickly and this would result in a lot of stress for a Snapchat lover. There can be many reasons why your snaps are not loading. It is worse than any other social media app not working because the snaps and stories disappear quickly and you would end up not seeing anything you were supposed to. This would be a stressful thing for many of us that are why we have a solution for your problem.
First of all, you need to know that the issue of not loading any snaps or stories occurs in both Android and iOS. So it is not your phone’s fault.
There are many things that you can try out when you are facing loading issues with your Snapchat app. Let’s move ahead and get you some answers.
How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps Or Stories
1. Restart Your PhoneThis is one of the most popular and easiest solutions that people look forward to trying when they face any kind of issues with their phone and apps that aren’t working. So when it comes to fixing Snapchat when your snaps and stories are not loading, you should give it a try as well.Whether you are using an Android or an iOS, you should try restarting your phone.For Android: just press the power button for a while, you will see the options for switching off the phone and restart the phone. Select restart and wait till the operation is completed. After this, try to open Snapchat and see if the issue is fixed.For iOS: Press and release the volume up and power key. Afterward, press the power key until the screen turns black.
2. Enable Your Snapchat PermissionIf restarting your phone didn’t work out, you may want to try something else. It would mean that there is nothing wrong with the way your phone is working and there might be a problem with the Snapchat app itself.It can be possible that you haven’t given the Snapchat app permission from your phone storage, locations, and more. If that is the case then your app won’t be able to detect screenshots, certain content, scan the codes, and so on.Here are a few steps that you can follow to enable Snapchat permission:
- Open your Snapchat app and go to your Profile
- Now, go ahead and select the Setting gear icon. It would be present in the upper right corner side
- Under the Privacy section, go to the permission option
- Here you would be able to allow all the permission. Close the app and reopen it.This would work with both Android and iOS.
3. Clear the Snapchat CacheSometimes the cache buildup in our phone or for a particular app can cause a lot of troubleshooting options.A cache refers to a small portion of CPU memory that holds a copy of data or information. So after you have downloaded the Snapchat app, it would then start collecting data and information from Snapchat. So when it exceeds its threshold, troubleshooting or other kinds of issues start to occur.To clear the cache from Snapchat you would have to follow these steps:
- Open the App and go to your Profile
- Now look for the setting gear icon on the upper right side and tap on it
- Go to Account action
- You will see an option, to Clear Cache, tap on it.Now the cache would be cleared, it won’t be any legitimate data that you would have to be saved otherwise. There won’t be any harm to the backup data.It should be able to fix Snapchat not loading snaps or stories.
4. Check Your Network ConnectionNow, if the above things didn’t seem to work for you, there might be an issue with your network. So check your wifi connection or your mobile network.Again, to solve the issue with your wifi router, you can restart it and the same goes with your mobile network, as you can restart your phone or check the connection issues in your mobile settings.
5. Remove and Re-add Your Friends on SnapchatIf the issue is occurring with a specific friend then you can also try to remove and re-adding your friends on Snapchat. It would be able to fix the problem, but you have to keep in mind that this process would delete all your snaps that you have sent or received on the app. So if you are okay with this, you may as well, look forward to it.Here is how you can remove and re-add your friends on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app and now go to your profile
- Now tap on the My Friends section and choose the person that you have these issues with
- You would find the three dots rights next to their name, tap on it
- Select the Remove Friend optionOnce you have done this, you can re-add them by going back to your profile and choosing the Add friends option.
6. Clear the Snapchat ConversationIf you don’t want to go to all the trouble of removing or re-adding your friend with whom you are facing the snap and story loading issues, then you may as well clear all the Snapchat conversations.It is pretty simple, here is how you can clear it:
- Open the Snapchat app and go to the Profile
- Tap the Setting gear icon
- Go for the Privacy section and select the Clear Conversation
- Now tap on the cross mark on your friend with whom you are facing the loading issues. Tap on Clear.
7. Re-install the SnapchatLastly, if any of the above ways are not able to solve the issue then you may as well uninstall the Snapchat app and reinstall it. There would be update issues that can’t seem to solve.It would be pretty easy to uninstall the app, just delete it from your phone. Go to the play store and install it again. It is as simple as that.How to Fix Snapchat Not Logging Issues – Can’t Log into Snapchat Connection ErrorsA lot of people are complaining about issues with login into the Snapchat app. Not just the logging problem, but people have also complained of not connecting to Snapchat or the app is temporarily failing.We have a few solutions that can help you with these issues, let’s take a look and see if you can find something helpful.
Check Your Username and PasswordOne of the first things that you would want to do would be to check your username and password of your Snapchat Account. You may not realize but sometimes you are typing it wrong or provide incorrect credentials, so double-check it and then move on to other solutions.
Check Your Internet ConnectionOne of the other things that you would want to do would be to check the internet connections. A poor connection can be the reason for you not being able to log in to your Snapchat. You may have an unstable or slow internet connection that might be the reason for your logging issue.So check your internet connection or restart your device or Wi-Fi router. After you have done that, you should try again to log in to Snapchat.
Using VPN?Look if your VPN is on while you are trying to connect to Snapchat. If it is on then you may face issues logging in. Try to log in without using the VPN or select any other network.Uninstall Unauthorized Apps and Plug-insLook for any third-party applications or plug-ins that you have installed on your phone. These can prevent the connection to Snapchat and cause you a lot of trouble connecting to the app.This is why you should try to uninstall all the third-party applications from your phone and then try to log in the Snapchat again. If it works, you may download those apps again.
Re-open the Snapchat AppOne of the simplest ways to fix the logging in would be to close and reopen the app. It would re-sync the app to the server and might help you to log in as well.
Reactivate Your Snapchat AccountIf you have deactivated your account then you may not be able to log into your account. If it has been only 30 days, then you would use the username and password. But if it has been more than that, then you would have to access or reactivate your account.Just make sure you use your username instead of email.
How to Fix Snapchat Failed to Sent Snaps | Snapchat Stuck on Sending
Another one of the common issues faced by Snapchat users is not being able to send or replay snaps. This can affect their social networking and their newfound friendships too.There can be various reasons why your Snapchat is failing to send snaps or unable to replay quickly. So there are also many solutions that can fix this issue for you, let’s go ahead and find some for you as well.
Check Your Internet ConnectionOne of the main reasons for getting stuck would be the poor or slow internet connection. So that would be the first thing that you should check out.You can restart your phone if you are using your mobile data or you can restart your Wi-Fi router if you are using your Wi-Fi. The low or poor connection should be solved by this or you can do more to strengthen your internet connection as well.Once you get high-speed internet, you would be able to receive, send and replay snaps.
Re-login into SnapchatAnother one of the things that you should try out would be to re-login into your Snapchat account. This method has helped a lot of people so you can too try to log out of the Snapchat account and log in again.
Restart Your Snapchat AppAnother one of the simple steps involves closing your Snapchat app and restarting it. You can go to the app settings and Force Stop the app and then again open it. It might solve your problems as well. This would work for both Android and iOS. After you have opened your App try to send a snap too.
Clear All the CacheAs we have mentioned before, the cache can cause a lot of trouble for an app’s functioning. This is why you should keep clearing the cache whenever you think of it. The cache not only would cause failed snaps but also other problems as well.Clearing cache won’t delete any of your data, it is just the information that the app has collected and you won’t need it anymore either.You can easily clear the data from the Snapchat app.
Check the Storage LocationOne of the other things that you should be checking would be the storage location. The storage location can cause a lot of troubles and affect how Snapchat functions. If there has been a change in the storage location then try to change it to default settings. That is, change to internal storage if you have set it to a Memory card.
Remove and Re-add FriendsOne of the other effective solutions to this problem would be to remove and re-add friends. This would be a great solution if you are having trouble with just one person. Remove that friend and add them again, it might work.You should know, by doing so, your conversation and all the received and sent snaps would be deleted as well.
Is Snapchat Getting Deleted in 2022?One of the rumors is that Snapchat would get deleted this year or next year, as a user and a fan of Snapchat, we are happy to announce that it is just a rumor and your favorite social media platform isn’t going anywhere.So, feel free to make new friends and snaps on this platform, it will always be there for you.
ConclusionThat would be all for now and we have come to an end for this article. Here we have tried to give you answers to your many questions at once. We hope now you know how to fix the common Snapchat issues on your own without having a panic attack. These are common issues and can be easily solved by the aforementioned solutions.