Spirituality is one of the most complicated yet simplest concepts for people. Some find it com0licated because they are unable to spiritually connect to their surrounding and themselves, while others find it simple because they have finally reached some kind of enlightens in their life and finally understood the concept of spirituality.
For spiritual people, reading the best spiritual books is a pretty big deal and that’s why they are always searching for the best spiritual books.
The spiritual books would also be a good choice for you if you are looking for some kind of answers about your life and the meaning of your life in this world. If you are going through a tough phase then spiritual books can help you a lot as well.
Now that you have decided to read spiritual books, you must be wondering which spiritual book you read first. Well, there are so many spiritual books available for you but not all of them would be a great pick and since you are here, you must be looking for the best spiritual books. We are not going to disappoint you as we have picked up the best 15 spiritual books that you can find and you would enjoy reading these books as well.
Go ahead and take a look at the following list of the 15 best spiritual books and pick some of them to read as well.
Also check – Best Psychology Books / Best Astrology Books
Best Spiritual Books
1. The Books of Awakening
Mark Nepo is a popular philosopher and poet who has survived cancer. This book features so many inspirational stories of the author that enlighten us and inspire us. This book teaches us to appreciate the little details of our lives and always be in present.The author has been praised for his storytelling and he has been called a spiritual guide and teacher as well. What you would like in this book is it’s a simplistic approach to the bigger concept of spirituality.The book focused on aliveness and teach its readers to take one day at a time rather than stressing out about the future days. Readers were in awe of his poetic side and the way he has opened up in his book.The author urges its readers to find love in their life no matter the hardships. It’s a must-read book on spirituality so don’t miss out on this one.
2. The Little Soul and the SunThe book was initially written for children but it turns out to be so great that everyone finds this spiritual book pretty helpful and a must-read. The book is about forgiveness.We all struggle with forgiveness, no matter how good we are or how understanding we are, there are a few times when we find ourselves struggling to forgive someone in our life. If you, too, are facing the struggle of forgiveness then this book is the best spiritual book to read.The book emphasis on the fact that people who hurt us are some of the closest people in our life. This book teaches us the true meaning of forgiveness and how it will impact our image in the eyes of the people who harmed us. Overall the book is a must-read and you would certainly love reading it and exploring the new meaning of forgiveness and spirituality.
3. The Four AgreementsThe Four Agreements is one of the most popular spiritual books that you can read. This one has also grabbed the spot of New York Times bestselling books. The book offers a code of conduct based on ancient Toltec wisdom. It teaches us how self-limiting beliefs are the cause of our pain and suffering.The concept of the book is pretty simple. You would learn the four simple ways to live which would give you the peace that you are searching for in your life. The book suggests that a person should have full control over their life and they should not let anyone control them and their life in either a positive or negative way. The author says we must rethink how we are related to one another and what it means to us.The four agreements are the following:
- Be Impeccable with Your Word
- Don’t Take Anything Personally
- Don’t Make Assumptions
- Always Do Your BestThe author has shared his views on these subjects and would change your views on everything.
4. The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist is one of the most popular spiritual books that you can find. The book has been a New York Times bestselling book and it has sold almost 150 million copies since its publication in 1988. The book has also been translated into so many languages and that’s why people from all around the world praise this book.The book is a fictional story by Paulo Coelho and it is based on a young shepherd boy who is on his way to hunt a treasure. He one’s has a dream that tells him about a hidden treasure and the next thing he does is to go on a search for this treasure. To get the treasure, he has to travel and meet new people. There are so many characters that he meets and each plays a significant role and teaches him a lesson as well.The book is all about being aware of one’s self and always listen and believe one gut. It is an inspiring story and would awaken your spirituality as well.
5. The Astonishing Power of EmotionsNext on our list of best spiritual books is The Astonishing Power of Emotions. As the name states, the book teaches us the power of our own emotions. It also tells us how our emotions can be a guidance system as well. The author has described the power of emotions and how one should let their emotions guide them. Our emotions would provide us the right direction and clarity in our life which we all want.The author tells us the concept of Upstream and Downstream thoughts and how they both should be apart and not paddling against your current life and make everything complicated.This book should be on your read list and this one would be a perfect book to read if you are struggling with your emotions.
6. The Vortex by Esther and Jerry HicksThe Vortex is also one of the best spiritual books that you can read. The Vortex tells us that our fate is aligned with so many things in this universe but at the same time, the book teaches us to do everything in our power to get everything we desire.The book teaches you what you desire the most and how you can figure that out on your own. You will also learn how to get inspired and accept things just the way they are. It’s a simple book with some amazing writings. Do take a look at this one and you might wanna read it in one go.
7. Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion by Sam HarrisPeople often put spirituality and religion in one place and see them as a whole. Not many people know that one can be spiritual while not believing in one religion and that’s the beauty of it.If you, too, are one of those people who are more concerned with spirituality rather than religion then this book is for you. The book also teaches you how to be in present and pay attention to what’s happening in one moment. This would determine the quality of lives and we would be more aware of ourselves. The book is simple and worth your attention so don’t miss out on this one.
8. The Seven Spiritual Laws of SuccessThis spiritual book is a masterpiece and you gotta read it sometimes if you are into the spiritual teachings.The book takes inspiration from the ancient Indian texts and the other has modernized them and written simplistically for the current readers. As its name suggests the book features the 7 laws which can help you to reach success. The book has been appreciated by readers across the globe and it has sold millions of copies.
9. Man’s Search for MeaningMan’s Search for Meaning is one of the most popular books and it has been also a bestselling book for a long time. The book is written by an Austrian Psychiatric Frankl who pens down his experience during World War II. He shares his experience and tells his readers that how he managed to survive the Auschwitz death camp and what kept him alive during those hard times.He says that he was entirely focusing on the purpose of his life and it’s what kept him going throughout all those years. The reader would find the book so relatable and they would also find the meaning and purpose of his life. This one is a great book and you should surely read it.
10. Power of NowPower of Now is also considered one of the best spiritual books that you can find. Here the book has sold millions of copies since it was first published in 1997. The book has been translated into 33 languages. The book draws its inspiration from various spiritual traditions. The book has also laid down the principles of Buddhism and a few references from Jesus Christ, although the author has done a beautiful job in making the whole thing modernize and suitable for present readers.The author has suggested how our problems are rooted in our minds and how we can discover more about our emotions. The book says that only the present moment is real, not the past or future. So to be happy we got to live in now!
11. The SecretNext on our list of best spiritual books is The Secret. The book has sold 30 million copies and is available in 50 different languages. This book emphasizes gratitude and desires and how one can achieve things that he wishes in one life. This one is a pretty good spiritual book to read.
12. SiddharthaThis book is a must-read because it is based on the Gautama Buddha and it takes you to a time when he decided to leave his home and kingdom to search for the meaning of his life. The book is a journey and it must be read by anyone who wants to explore his spirituality.
13. Mindfulness, Bliss and BeyondThe book is another one of the best spiritual books to read and this one teaches you the importance of medication. Not only that, but the readers would also learn how to meditate. Go ahead and read this book on Buddhist Meditation and see what will happen to you if you practice it.
14. A New EarthA New Earth is another one of the best books that you can read. This one talks about the ego! Yes, ego, which we all have in some way or another. Here what would certainly love to read the ways to let go of your ego and become more spiritual.
15. JourneyJourney by Souls is a very intriguing book that you would find fascinating. This book is written by a psychiatrist, who is trying to answer your metaphysical questions.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best spiritual books that you can find. You must know that these books are highly appreciated by hundreds of thousands of spiritual book readers around the world and that you would also love reading them.Overall you can choose anyone from the books and you won’t regret it either. So go ahead pick a few books to read. We hope you would enjoy the books. Thank you.