Some of the users have complained that their sleep mode is not working in Windows 10. This is another one of the common issues that users face these days and if you are facing it too, try not to worry about it much. There can be a lot of reasons behind this issue and you can resolve it as well if you know the right solutions.
Not only there are multiple causes but there are also multiple issues regarding the sleep mode, so you may get panicked if you don’t see the sleep mode option at all or if you are unable to put your computer to sleep mode or you are having trouble waking it up. Well, whatever your issue is, it’s clear that you are looking for solutions.
In this article, we are not going to disappoint you and will help you out with our list of top solutions to fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode not working issue. Have a look at the following list and see which one is the most appropriate solution for the issue you are facing in Windows 10 regarding the sleep mode option.
Before going ahead, let’s take a look at the major causes for sleep mode not owning issue in Windows 10:
Interference of third party software
Device driver issues
- 1 How To Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Not Working
- 1.1 Fix 1: Find Out What is Stopping Windows 10 From Sleep
- 1.2 Fix 2: Disable Wake Timers
- 1.3 Fix 3: Allow Computer to Sleep
- 1.4 Fix 4: Disable Fast Startup
- 1.5 Fix 5: Disable Screensaver
- 1.6 Fix 6: Check the Sleep Settings
- 1.7 Fix 7: Do a Clean Boot
- 1.8 Fix 8: Use Windows Troubleshooter
- 1.9 Fix 9: Update Windows 10
- 1.10 Fix 10: Disconnect Peripheral Devices
- 1.11 Fix 11: Disable the Hybrid Mode
- 1.12 Conclusion
How To Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Not Working
Fix 1: Find Out What is Stopping Windows 10 From SleepOne of the first things that you need to see is what is causing or preventing the Windows from sleeping. When you find the problem only then you can move forward, for this you will have to check the power request, here is how you do that!
- Press the Windows + X key and select the Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- Type powercfg –requests in the command prompt and press Enter key
- Now you will see the “Caller_type” with process “synergy.exe” and “request” type as “SYSTEM” prevent the PC from entering the sleep mode
- Now, you need to type powercfg -requestsoverride <CALLER_TYPE>“<NAME>”<REQUEST> (ex- powercfg -requestsoverride PROCESS “synergyc.exe” SYSTEM)
- This will override it
- Now you may find out what is preventing the computer from entering sleep mode.
- If it is any third-party application then you can uninstall it and if there is any malware or virus, you can fix it as well.
Fix 2: Disable Wake TimersIf there are any wake timers enabled then you may want to disable them to make sure that your computer can enter the sleep mode. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously on your keyboard to open Run.
- Copy and paste this path, control.exe powercfg.cpl,,3 This will open the power options
- Now, double click on the sleep to expand
- After this, you need to double click on the Allow Wake Timers and then select Disable
- If you are using a laptop, Disable it in both batteries and plug-in options.This may help you to resolve the issue of Windows 10 not going to sleep mode.
Fix 3: Allow Computer to SleepAnother thing that can cause sleep mode issues in Windows 10 is if something is messing up with your default settings via any third-party application. So if your settings are not set to default, you may face a problem.To reset the settings to default and see if that helps you. Here is how you can do that:
- Search Edit Power Plan in Windows 10 search box
- Now, click on Edit Power Plan icon on the Search result
- Now, another window will open, next, you will need to click on Change advanced power settings option
- You will find a new power option window, select the Restore plan defaults
- You should also expand the Multimedia settings option then expand the When Sharing media. Here, On battery and Plug in options, then select the Allow the computer to sleep from the drop-downNow, just click the OK button and see if you can put your computer or laptop to sleep again. If not then move to the next method.
Fix 4: Disable Fast StartupThe next thing you want to try is to disable the fast startup. It is one of the useful features of Windows 10 that saves the images of loaded drivers. Although, if you have recently updated your Windows 10 then this feature may cause trouble inputting your computer to sleep mode.Here is what you need to do:
- Search Power Options in Windows 10 search
- Click on the Additional Power Settings
- Now select the “Choose what the power buttons do” from the left side of the window
- Select the change settings that are currently unavailable
- Uncheck the checkbox under this category that says Turn on fast startup
Fix 5: Disable ScreensaverThe next thing that you can try to fix the windows 10 sleep mode not working issue is to disable your screensaver. Some of the users have found that when their screensaver is enabled it prevents their windows 10 from entering sleep mode.Follow these instructions to disable the screensaver:
- Search Change screen saver in your Windows 10 search box
- Now select None from the drop-downGo ahead and see if that works for you and if your Windows 10 can enter into sleep mode or not. If not then try the next solution.
Fix 6: Check the Sleep SettingsAnother one of the things that you can do to solve the Windows 10 Sleep mode issue is to go through the sleep settings and see if there is anything wrong with it which you can easily fix as well.Here is what you need to do:
- Open Run by pressings the Window + R key on your keyboard
- Now write, powercfg.cpl and then click on OK
- Click on the Choose when to turn off the display from the left menu
- Now see the power settings and see if they are correct or not. If they are not correct, you can change them as well.
Fix 7: Do a Clean BootIf you have installed several third-party software then it might be possible that these are enabling your computer or laptop from entering sleep mode. If that is the case then you may as well run a Clean Boot and boot your PC.This will make sure that only the essential Windows programs and services are running when you start your PC. So there will be no third-party application running on your PC which might resolve your Sleep Mode Not Working Issue in Windows 10.
Fix 8: Use Windows TroubleshooterUsing the Windows Troubleshooter can solve many issues on your Windows 10 and the Sleep Mode Not Working Issue is one of them. Here is how you can troubleshoot your computer or laptop and resolve the issue:
- Press Windows + I key to open settings
- Click on update and security
- Now click on Troubleshoot from the left menu
- Scroll down and click on Power
- Click on Run the Troubleshooter from the expanded menu
- Let the Troubleshooter complete its operationAfter it’s done, see if your laptop or computer can be put in sleep mode or not, or not then move to the next solution.
Fix 9: Update Windows 10The outdated windows or the drivers are one of the biggest reasons behind the Sleep Mode Not Working Issue and this is why you need to make sure that you update your Windows 10 as well as all the outdated drivers.Just install the new update and make sure there is no outdated driver left on your computer. You can then try to put your Windows 10 to sleep mode and see if the issue has been resolved or not.Although this is likely to solve the issue for you and if not, then you can move to the next one.
Fix 10: Disconnect Peripheral DevicesIf there are any peripheral devices connected to your Windows 10 then it might be the reason behind the Sleep Mode issues. So to resolve that, first check whether there are any devices connected or not. And if yes, then disconnect them and try to put your laptop or computer in sleep mode.
Fix 11: Disable the Hybrid ModeIf you have enabled the hybrid mode then this can also interfere with the sleeping mode of your computer. This is why you need to try disabling it from the Power Options.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best solutions for Windows 10 sleep mode, not working issues. Many of the users have claimed that these solution methods have helped them resolve the issue and they were able to use the sleep mode function easily again.We hope that you found a decent solution that would fix the problem for you. Do try them all and see which one works for you. That would be all and we hope that you liked our article and found it helpful. Thank you.