If your favorite genre of books is Fantasy then you might have been thinking about taking up the Artemis Fowl series books. The books have been written by Eoin Colfer with the lead character Artemis Fowl.
From well-written characters to the layered plots of the series, everything seems on point. And the books give you more and more reasons to start this book right now.
The book series consists of eight books and a couple of short stories released from 2001 to 2012. A film based on the first book has been also adapted and it is now streaming on Disney+ streaming platform.
Since it’s a book series, you must read the Artemis Fowl books in order which means you must know the chronological and the publishing order of the books. So in this article, we have brought you a list of all the Artemis Fowl books in order so that you would know which book you need to read first and which one’s the last!
Let’s move forward and introduce you to the Artemis Fowl books in order.
- 1 Artemis fowl books
- 1.1 1. Artemis Fowl
- 1.2 2. Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident
- 1.3 3. Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code
- 1.4 4. Artemis Fowl And the Seventh Dwarf
- 1.5 5. Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception
- 1.6 6. Artemis Fowl and Lost Colony
- 1.7 7. Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox
- 1.8 8. Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex
- 1.9 9. Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian
- 1.10 Conclusion
Artemis fowl books
1. Artemis FowlThis is the first book in the Artemis Fowl series which was published in the year 2001. This book first introduces us to the character of Artemis Fowl and what he is like. The book has been written in the third person narration which follows human characters as well as the fairy characters in the book. The underline theme of the book is greed and conflict where you will see the inputs of the lead character and how he handles these kinds of stuff for his benefit.The twelve-year-old is a millionaire, a genius, and above all, a criminal mastermind who knows what he needs to do to get what he wants.This book features fairies, who are anything but goody-goody angelic creatures, they are dangerous and capable of destruction and harm Artemis Fowl in so many ways. And that’s why he decided to kidnap one of the fairies. The next thing you find in the book is a story full of twists and turns, and full of adventure which promises you a great reading experience!
2. Artemis Fowl and the Arctic IncidentThe second book of the Artemis Fowl series was published in 2002. This book is also written in the third person narration where the reader would be able to understand the whole story and know what’s going on intuitively. The book was a success and it was listed in the New York Times Bestseller. The critics, as well as the readers, appreciated the book, its story, the strong and well-written characters as well as the adventure which you can expect from the Artemis Fowl series.This book features the character of Artemis Fowl I, father of Artemis Fowl II and he also learns that his father is alive and being held for ransom by the Mafia in Russia. Artemis Fowl and his bodyguard try to rescue his father. The whole rescue mission soon involves several twists and turns when the Fairy Squad comes into the whole picture and makes things more difficult for them.Overall it’s too a fun story with a lot of exciting elements and an interesting storyline.
3. Artemis Fowl and the Eternity CodeThis is the third book in the Artemis Fowl series and it was published in the year 2003. In this book, Artemis is planning the biggest crime in his career and he has developed a Supercomputer called C Cube. Now he is planning to sell the supercomputer which surpassed any human technology or human-made supercomputer so far. But Jon Spiro comes into the picture and steals the supercomputer fooling Artemis.In all this drama, Holly Short, sent by Root Commander to investigate the drama that has been happened between the two. She locates Artemis and tries to figure out the next step and how she will do the best to stop any other miss-happening.This book too is full of adventure and you will certainly be surprised with the ongoing story. Critics and the fans both appreciated the intelligent writing as well as the genius plot of the book.
4. Artemis Fowl And the Seventh DwarfThis one is more of a short story and it was published in 2004 but chronologically it takes place in between the Artemis Fowl and The Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident. The story is a short story and it inspired by Snow White and the Seven Dwarf.Artemis Fowl lures the dwarf, Mulch Diggums to New York and then to Ireland so that he can steal the rare blue diamond from the Fei Fei Tiara. The story takes a turn when he learns that the diamond is already stolen and now he and the dwarf must reach the thief and get the diamond for themselves.
5. Artemis Fowl and the Opal DeceptionThe next and the fourth book in the series was published in the year 2005. The book features a pixie Opal Koboi’s and her second try at the rebellion. Meanwhile, Artemis has forgotten the existence of the fairy race and his only ally Captain Holly Short is in the run.And to fight the pixie Opal, he needs his memory back other otherwise the results would be devasted for him and his family. The ups and downs of the plots and the planning from both sides keep you hooked to the story till the end and several nail-biting moments might give you goosebumps. The book is good enough for you to finish it in one go and that’s the reason why it has also received good reviews from the readers.
6. Artemis Fowl and Lost ColonyThe fifth book in the series has a lot to offer to its readers from a demon to unexpected characters and their plans to somehow overshadow Artemis and his family is all you are going to need to stick to the book till the end.Until now, Artemis was the only human who has had found magical creatures but the recent events suggest there is another one too who not only knows about their existence but is also planning to capture some of these magical creatures for his scientific research.To everyone’s shock, the other one who knows about the fairy and the other world is a demon and he must be stopped or else he might wipe out the whole human race from the planet. With so much going on and so much to deal with, the books make a perfect fantasy thriller for the readers.
7. Artemis Fowl and the Time ParadoxWith more than four hundred pages the sixth book in the Artemis Fowl series become the longest book in the series. The book was published in the year 2008.This time, Artemis is facing the biggest challenge of his life that is the disease of his mother. Although he did try to use magic it only worsens the condition of her mother. Soon he does find a cure for his mother’s life-threatening disease but the animal which has the cure for his mother is now extinct. His misery and guilt grow when he finds out he may be the reason behind the extinction of the animal.Does this mean there is no hope for her mother? And if that’s true, will he be able to forgive himself ever? The oh thing we can tell you is that this story is a rollercoaster full of fear and emotions for Artemis and it’s going to be fun to read what he will do next and what lengths he goes to save his mother.
8. Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis ComplexThe seventh book in the series is much more complicated than any of its predecessor and it will surely give you goosebumps several times in the story.Artemis is all set to commits his entire fortune to a project which will save the planet and all of its creatures. But is that true? Or it’s in his head only? With the current scenarios and the behavior of Artemis, it seems something is going wrong.The book will take you by surprise and this is why it has been highly praised by the critics as well as the readers.
9. Artemis Fowl: The Last GuardianThe Last Guardian is the eighth and the last book in the Artemis Series which makes it bigger than anything else that you have read so far. Here the return of the evil pixie Opal Koboi has created havoc and everyone is hoping Artemis will save them from her.Spirits have attacked the Fowl family and they have refused to go. Now it’s all up to Artemis to make the spirits leave his brothers alone. But it’s not going to be easy and he has to make up his mind about trusting the LEPrecon fairies as well.
So these are the Artemis Fowl books in order. We have also reviewed each book for you so that you can know if this is what you have been looking for. And know what you can expect from the books as well.
About the Author:-Eoin Colfer is an Irish author who is popular for his children’s books. Apart from the Artemis Fowl books, he has also written plenty of other books in the fantasy genre, including Hitchhiker’s Guide to Galaxy’s sixth installment. He has also served as Ireland’s Children’s Laureate between 2014 and 2016.His other works, The Supernaturalist, The Wish List, and Half Moon Investigations have been well received by people. A few of his Artemis Fowl Books have also been listed as the New York Times Bestseller among his many other books.
About the Artemis Fowl series:-Critics have called his Artemis Fowl Book series as another Harry Potter series given the fact that the lead is only 12 years old but the Irish Writer strongly disagrees with them. This is more of a fantasy series with a mastermind who is a part of a very dysfunctional family.Artemis Fowl is intelligent, cold, and ruthless, but with an evolving moral compass. His character evolves throughout the series as his plans become more and more dangerous. It’s interesting to see how he would be able to build a fortune for his family using his intelligence and plans under the given circumstances.
ConclusionHere we have completed our article for the Artemis Fowl books in order and we hope that now you would be able to read all the books in their chronological and publishing order as well as you know what you can expect from this series.The bottom line is, you would certainly have fun reading this series and it would be a great time exploring the fantasy world of Artemis Fowl. So thank you for being with us, and keep coming for more such articles in the future as well.