Batman is one of the most popular superheroes that we know of and we will be thankful to DC for that as well. There is no doubt that you among the millions of others are a fan of Batman. Batman has many successful movies and comic books, which is why Batman also made a debut in the gaming industry, and here too, the game was a huge success and people were instantly in love with Batman games, also known as the Arkham series.
Even though the superhero genre is not so popular, even today’s time. Whereas many developers have attempted to make superhero games, the hype for these games would last for only a limited time. Although, if there is an exception for the superhero games that gained commercial and critical success then it would be the Arkham series. The game created quite a buzz when the first installment in the series was released in 2009 and after that, it became a popular name as it gained millions of fans as well. Now, Arkham is known as one of the most popular game franchises that include many games and each one of them is worth playing if you are a fan of good action-adventure and superhero games.
Since there are plenty of games in the franchise you would want to know the correct order of the game before you start playing the series. Finding the correct order of the Arkham series is important if you want to play the whole series in that order. While some people would just play the most successful game in the series, the pro gamers would want to start the journey with the first game and then play all the games to get to connect to the storyline and character development in the game series.
Since you are here, you must be looking for the Arkham games in the order too, well we are here to help you out. Here, we have listed all of the Arkham games in order so that you can play the games in the right chronological order and have fun being Batman and fighting the monsters to save the city or even the world.
Also check – Best cricket games for pc / Beyblade games for android
Best Arkham Games In Order
1. Batman: Arkham AsylumThe first game in the series was released in 2009 and it was called Batman: Arkham Asylum. The game was developed by Rocksteady Studios and it was available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows and later it also debuted for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015.The game was based on the jailbreak of the Joker after Batman had captured him and put him there. The Joker then takes over the facility leaving Batman to restore order and resolve the situation. The game features plenty of action and combat systems that will allow the players to experience the lifestyle of Batman as well as fight in this style. The game features a perfect blend of simple but exciting gameplay where stealth sections are incorporated. Players will be able to use different kinds of gadgets that are designed to suit different kinds of situations.The game is detailed and features plenty of puzzles and trophies for the players to get. The game has certainly impressed the players and critics in terms of the gameplay as well as the background. It certainly is a great start to the classic Arkham series and this one should be the first game you play in the series.
2. Batman: Arkham CityThe next Arkham game in the order is Batman: Arkham City and it was released in 2011, two years after the release of Arkham Asylum which was pretty successful and fans were eagerly waiting for the next part of the game. The game launched for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows, and in 2012, it was ported for the Wii U and Mac OS. In 2016, the remastered versions were released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.The story of the game continues after the events of Arkham Asylum. A section of Gotham City has been transformed into Arkham City by the villains from Arkham Asylum. The villain of this game is Dr. Hugo Strange. One of the most promising characters introduced in this game is Catwoman, who is another popular DC character. Catwoman is significant to the game because she can do some things or reach some places where Batman can’t. So you will find her in various parts of the game.While the game remains the same as the first one in terms of gameplay and mechanics, you will certainly find a few amusing gadgets and weapons to use in the game. Overall, it was a great game and certainly made the fans even more eager for the next part in the series.
3. Batman: Arkham City LockdownThis is not a main series game in the Arkham franchise but was released as an expansion in the same year as Arkham City was released that is 2011. The game was available for iOS only and then it was launched for Android as well. The game was more focused on combat than it was on the story. The characters in this game were from both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. The mobile version was certainly loved by players that wanted to play the game anywhere and anytime.
4. Batman: Arkham OriginsThe next game in the Arkham series is Batman: Arkham Origins which was released in 2013. The game was developed for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Windows. This game was yet again loved by the players as they were eagerly waiting for the third installment after the release of the first two games in the series.As the game starts, it shows the earlier life of Batman and his career as a young man along with Bruce Wayne. Although the main villain in the story is Black Mask who is put off by the constant interventions of Batman and puts a bounty of $500 million on Batman’s head. Now, many of the professional assassins are trying to get the money by capturing Batman.The game has become more engaging and it features a more upbeat feel to it as well. Although the gameplay isn’t changed much and still features a great focus on stealth and combat gameplay along with puzzles and trophies. There are some great gadgets and weapons also present. Even though the game wasn’t as big as the other games, it was still fun to play.
5. Batman: Arkham KnightThe next Arkham game in order is Batman: Arkham Knight. This one was released in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows. The game was much awaited by the fans and they have loved this game as well. This is the fourth game in the series, and it was the last game that was released in the series as well.The story of the game follows the events of Arkham City but it takes place in Gotham City. The main villains in the game are Scarecrow and a mysterious figure. A section of the population of Gotham City has been evacuated due to the events. Batman is yet again trying hard to get things right and feature the best graphics as well. The best part of this game is the Batmobile. We all have loved the Batmobile and it is the most notable thing in the Batman franchise. This will make things easier to transport from one place to another.Although the gameplay hasn’t changed much yet there are new challenges and puzzles to solve by Batman. The game also received some backlash due to the unchanged mechanics and gameplay elements.
6. Batman: Arkham VREven though this isn’t a main series game, it made quite a buzz when it was released in 2016 for the PlayStation VR. The game features the events of Arkham City and Arkham Knight. The player won’t take part in any combat or missions but will focus on puzzle-solving and exploration. Batman will investigate the disappearance of Robin and Nightwing.The game was later released for Windows in 2017, so the players can also enjoy the game on PCs. Overall, it is a great game to play and will be fun too if you don’t want to be a part of something serious.
ConclusionSo these are the Arkham games in the order that you have been looking for. This is a promising series and whether you are a fan of Batman or not, you are going to love the series. It has action and adventure, with lots of amazing characters, most importantly the villains. So you are going to have a great time defeating these opponents.Since there will be a new game in the series launched soon, it would be a smart move to catch up with all the games in the series and have some fun. That would be all for now and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for. Thank you.